Luminae - guests?

vickidrysdale

My husband and I are booked in a Sky Suite - Silhouette - November 22nd out of Fort Lauderdale. We have a connecting CC cabin with our 2 boys (11 & 13) and then another CC cabin with my sister, her husband and their daughter (13).

Wondering where we all eat dinner together? We currently have select dining and will book a few speciality restaurants. Can the rest of our party join us in Luminae? If so, is there a cost? How can I arrange this?

Thanks for any advice...looking forward to a enjoying my family - together - at dinner!

You need to get whom ever you booked thru, Celebrity or a TA on this as soon as possible. To bring another not in your suite to dine in Luminae is indeed $50 pp per meal. Please let us know how this works out with the boys in the other cabin.

The sister an family will be in the MDR, or cost a small fortune to join you.

I think you should probably call Celebrity with these questions. I would imagine that your children would be allowed to dine with you in Luminae but the rest of your family may have difficulty. We are on this cruise and in a suite also. I have a feeling that Luminae may be packed with suite guests who would take priority over non-suite guests.

Please let us know the out come in terms of your children being able to eat with you.

Yes, I would also like to know this as previously it was stated children under 12 are automatically placed in Luminae with their parents, but no mention of those children over this age in a connecting cabin.

Your children in the connecting cabin can eat in Lumanie with you at no additional cost. I called X Captain's Club about this exact issue, and was told children under 18 in a cabin adjoining or across the hall from their parents in a suite will be assigned to their parent's dining room. The thought being that it makes no sense to expect 11 & 13 y/o kids to eat by themselves in the MDR.

As to your sister and her family, you can probably invite them to eat in Luminae on a space available basis provided you are willing to pay the additional fee for guests.

Edited by law chick

I've wondered, why have this perk if they allow everyone and their brother to dine in Luminae as long as they are traveling with a suite guest and are willing to pay the $50 per person charge? I can certainly understand the point of having kids under a certain age join their parents, but once you get all the friends, relatives and whomever all shoved into a not too large dining area, this perk becomes less a perk and nothing more than another specialty restaurant. If a couple is traveling with friends or relatives, they need to choose to either dine in Luminae alone or choose the MDR. But again, with the MDR smaller due to Luminae , it's not fair to guests not in suites to be left out because those who are supposed to be in Luminae are dining in the MDR. Obviously, Celebrity started this whole suite perks thing without thinking about all the consequences.

Edited by cruisead

FYI - I believe Lunch and dinner guest fees are at a reduced rate.

What are they reduced from? The $50 charge IS a "guest fee".

From what I understand, all (adult) guests are an additional $50 per person, to dine in Luminae with a suite guest.

What are they reduced from? The $50 charge IS a "guest fee".

From what I understand, all (adult) guests are an additional $50 per person, to dine in Luminae with a suite guest.

Sorry, not correct.

$20 for Breakfast and $30 for Lunch.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Sorry, not correct.

$20 for Breakfast and $30 for Lunch.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

That makes more sense. You had said in your earlier post that it was lunch and dinner guests....LOL I knew THAT was not correct.

I knew Dinner guests were $50, period.

My husband and I are booked in a Sky Suite - Silhouette - November 22nd out of Fort Lauderdale. We have a connecting CC cabin with our 2 boys (11 & 13) and then another CC cabin with my sister, her husband and their daughter (13).

Wondering where we all eat dinner together? We currently have select dining and will book a few speciality restaurants. Can the rest of our party join us in Luminae? If so, is there a cost? How can I arrange this?

Thanks for any advice...looking forward to a enjoying my family - together - at dinner!

Just off the Summit from Bermuda, There is a cover charge of $50.00 per person for Luminae. There was one family that had children in reg cabin and they were in a sky suite and told us they were able to get the children in free through their travel agent but did not elaborate. One couple was at the matre'ds desk yelling and throwing around obscenities, they were allowed to bring their children for free. Must say children were very well behaved, they must have been adopted. Your alternative would reserve a table for six in the main dining room and use Luminae as your specialty restaurant then only four would pay the surcharge. Luminae is by far the best of all restaurants IMHO. Enjoy your cruise

Your children in the connecting cabin can eat in Lumanie with you at no additional cost. I called X Captain's Club about this exact issue, and was told children under 18 in a cabin adjoining or across the hall from their parents in a suite will be assigned to their parent's dining room. The thought being that it makes no sense to expect 11 & 13 y/o kids to eat by themselves in the MDR.

As to your sister and her family, you can probably invite them to eat in Luminae on a space available basis provided you are willing to pay the additional fee for guests.

I've been asking around these boards about the exact same thing! Please make sure to report back because we are not leaving until next Spring. Law Chick - I am hoping you are correct, but when I asked my Celebrity rep who did our booking, she said that my kids (13 and 15 in connecting CC cabin to our Sky Suite) would be in MDR and we would be in Luminae! She suggested I talk to my butler when I get on board. The whole policy is very odd. I'd even be willing to give up my assigned Luminae seating just to be assured that I can sit with my kids in the MDR, but that's not allowed either.

We will be on board Summit in a Royal Suite, and received an email from the concierge in Michael's Club, Jole Jacoby. I asked if non suite guests will be able to dine in Luminae, at the invitation of a suite guest, and it was confirmed that Celebrity will allow as many guests as space allows into Luminae for the $50 per person fee, as long as they are guests of the suite passengers. They will be able to dine every night, if they desire. So, I guess that, in reality, Luminae is nothing more than another specialty restaurant, in basically the same category as Murano, Normandie, et.al. I mean, those two restaurants are available on a space available basis also. Sorry, didn't ask about kids.

Edited by cruisead

We sailed one of first cruise May on Solstice with the new dining room. We ate at various times for all meals and only time we say room more than 1/2 full was the last morning waiting to get off in Seattle. Would not worry about crowds.

We will be on board Summit in a Royal Suite, and received an email from the concierge in Michael's Club, Jole Jacoby. I asked if non suite guests will be able to dine in Luminae, at the invitation of a suite guest, and it was confirmed that Celebrity will allow as many guests as space allows into Luminae for the $50 per person fee, as long as they are guests of the suite passengers. They will be able to dine every night, if they desire. So, I guess that, in reality, Luminae is nothing more than another specialty restaurant, in basically the same category as Murano, Normandie, et.al. I mean, those two restaurants are available on a space available basis also. Sorry, didn't ask about kids.

If it is truly a Specialty Restaurant why don't the coupon discounts for Specialty Restaurants offered to Elites, Elite Plus and Zenith members apply?

I've wondered, why have this perk if they allow everyone and their brother to dine in Luminae as long as they are traveling with a suite guest and are willing to pay the $50 per person charge?

My guess (and only a guess) is that the $50 surcharge will discourage the majority of non-suite guests from joining their friends/relatives in suites from dining together in Luminae.

Does anyone know how Cunard handles these types of issues when kids (18 and under?) in non-suite staterooms are traveling with their parents who are either in Princess or Queen's Grill?

• 2 months later...

Vickidrysdale - Just curious, are your children actually assigned together in the connecting room? Every time we have done connecting rooms they have made one adult go with one child on the reservation (needing someone over 25 on each reservation/cabin). It was never a big deal, as we would just sleep as we choose... but now with the Go Big offers, and also wanting to do what you have done (sky suite+ adjoining) I was worried we couldn't utilize the Luminae or the beverage package deals (i.e. we'd have to all "pick 4", where if we could have just adults in one room - we could Pick 2 for kids, and Pick 4 for adults. Did you book thru Celebrity or TA?

Appreciate any advice... (from anyone!)

Vickidrysdale - Just curious' date=' are your children actually assigned together in the connecting room? Every time we have done connecting rooms they have made one adult go with one child on the reservation (needing someone over 25 on each reservation/cabin). It was never a big deal, as we would just sleep as we choose... but now with the Go Big offers, and also wanting to do what you have done (sky suite+ adjoining) I was worried we couldn't utilize the Luminae or the beverage package deals (i.e. we'd have to all "pick 4", where if we could have just adults in one room - we could Pick 2 for kids, and Pick 4 for adults. Did you book thru Celebrity or TA?

Appreciate any advice... (from anyone!)[/quote']

Hi - thought I'd chime in that you shouldn't have a problem doing that at all. I've taken numerous Celebrity cruises and my kids have always been in a connecting cabin. Even when they were 9 and 11. As long as it truly has a connecting door, they will let you book it that way. (I think it's in the FAQ's somewhere on the site as well.) It's so much easier to have the correct names in the correct rooms.

I always book through Celebrity, although I usually work with the same agent so I just call her directly.

Hope this helps a bit!