Celebrity Dressing

sarahc78

Do they still make & serve it in the MDR?

Its freakin amazing and I look forward to having it every cruise... I gotta say though the last 2 or 3 times on Celebrity it was like pulling teeth to get it!

Yes, tell your waiter and assistant waiter you want it. If they tell you they don't have it they are lying to you. It's on the available every day portion of the MDR menu so point that out to them if they give you a problem.

Edited by CruisingChick

Yes, tell your waiter and assistant waiter you want it. If they tell you they don't have it they are lying to you. It's on the available every day portion of the MDR menu so point that out to them if they give you a problem.

Anna Marie you have no idea how many times I've pointed it out as being w selection on the menu that night and being told it "wasn't available" [emoji24] whether it was in buffet it MDR I asked EVERY night for it and would say I had it once...twice if I were lucky each sailing!

What kind of dressing is it? I don't remember any special dressing on our Sillly cruise.

I think it's a a cross between Caesar dressing and blue cheese dressing!

IMO bad dressing. Bleu Cheese rocks!!!

Blue cheese dressing is my all time favorite...that being said it's A LOT easier to have blue cheese than Celebrity dressing so it's nice to sail and have a dressing I can't have anywhere else!!

I wonder if I asked in Blu if I could get it?

The answer is yes!!! We were on the Silhouette for the Baltics and then the transatlantic and ate in Blu. The first time I asked for it, the waiter brought it and after that every evening that I had a salad he would ask if I wanted Celebrity Dressing. I agree that it is wonderful. Mary

I don't know about the Celebrity dressing but we asked about the Lemon vinagrette dressing and recipe showed up in our cabin. Just ask the Chef or M-D

Edited by jsf

If I recall correctly, in the old days of X, this dressing used to be brought to the table in a bottle as this was the house dressing.

I believe the recipe in is the Celebrity cookbook....

Ah, the good old days.

It used to be in one of the pitchers they brought out for you to choose the dressing on your salad.

But much harder to get now.

Don't know the proportions but these are the ingredients.

Celebrity Dressing: Boiled eggs, Dijon Mustard, Anchovies, Garlic, Shallotts, Parsley, Tarragon, Mayonnaise, Worcestershire, Tabasco, Salt, White Pepper, Fish Sauce, Cider Vinegar, Red Wine Vinegar, Vegetable Oil.

Edited by Ma Bell

How about this way!

Celebrity vinaigrette

4 each whole fresh eggs

1 each hard boiled egg

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

4 each anchovy fillets

1 tablespoon garlic clove minced

1 each shallot peeled and chopped

1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped

1 tablespoon fresh tarragon chopped

1 cup light mayo

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

To taste kosher salt

To taste black pepper cracked

1 teaspoon fish sauce

1/4 cup cider vinegar

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

As needed vegetable oil

Method

Combine all the ingredients in a blender except for the oil and the herbs. While blending slowly add the oil and emulsify. Remove from blender, adjust seasoning if needed, mix in the chopped herbs and place in a container. Keep cool in fridge.