Bringing Whine Aboard

For those unaware, here are Royal Caribbean's newest policies:
[B]
1. You are allowed two bottles of wine per cabin but zero bottles of whine per occupant.

2. You can bring your wine on board in your carry-on or checked luggage but you have to check your whine at the pier.

3. You can bring your wine abroad but cannot bring a whiny broad onboard abroad.

4. There is no longer a wine corkage fee in any venue. Whine corkage fees vary by venue.

5. The whine package is not to be shared.

6. If you pre-purchase the whine package, it will be delivered to your stateroom, along with complimentary sour grapes, immediately following your disembarkation from the ship on the final day of the cruise.

7. Anyone under 21 is not allowed any wine or whine. Ever.

8. If your or your table-mates whine can't be corked, the drunken whinos will be put ashore at the next Port, or Merlot, or Chardonnay. Or dumped overboard like bad wine.[/B]

~ Judy Edited by FloridaPalms

If you know how to pack wine it will not break, I have traveled all over the world with wine in my luggage. I just packed my bottles for my upcoming cruise. They are in special bags and plastic Ziploc bags wrapped in a towel and secured so they cannot move. Movement is the enemy

As for whine I find vetting your travel companions works best. Those with a whine problem are best left on dryland. And that is easier to do before you embark then on a shore excursion. Edited by Carolla5501

[quote name='FloridaPalms']For those unaware, here are Royal Caribbean's newest policies:
[B]
1. You are allowed two bottles of wine per cabin but zero bottles of whine per occupant.

2. You can bring your wine on board in your carry-on or checked luggage but you have to check your whine at the pier.

3. You can bring your wine abroad but cannot bring a whiny broad onboard abroad.

4. There is no longer a wine corkage fee in any venue. Whine corkage fees vary by venue.

6. If you pre-purchase the whine package, it will be delivered to your stateroom, along with complimentary sour grapes, immediately following your disembarkation from the ship on the final day of the cruise.

8. If your or your table-mates whine can't be corked, the drunken whinos will be put ashore at the next Port, or Merlot, or Chardonnay. Or dumped overboard like bad wine.[/B]

~ Judy[/quote]
Judy wins !!!

[quote name='FloridaPalms']For those unaware, here are Royal Caribbean's newest policies:
[B]

~ Judy[/QUOTE]

[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/cloud.scoutmob.com/shoppe/products/20939/original/chicken1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Paul65']How much whine are you allowed to bring with you on Royal Caribbean, and should you carry it on with you or check it at the pier? If someone were to bring it to the MDR with them, how much would you pay your waiter to cork it for you?[/QUOTE]

Oh dear! I just had a mental picture of a waiter "corking" a whiner. A swift uppercut perhaps, or just a simple gag! :eek: :D

Sorry, Paul65, I did realise what you meant and you've had lots of good advice already. Thanks for the unintentional laugh though. ;)

[quote name='FloridaPalms'][/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Great job Judy!! :p :p

And yes, if I packed my treasured bottles of red wine in my luggage and it was delivered to my cabin dripping
red liquid from the seams...I would really whine!! :eek: Luckily I pack my wine in my carry on, and check my
whine at the door of the house when we leave. ;) Edited by island lady

[B]

~ Judy[/QUOTE]

Love it!

So question... Does number 7 mean adults-only cruises?? :p I have yet to meet a child who doesn't get off on whine!

I am so glad I clicked on this thread! Until I read it I would never have even considered taking extra corks for a tablemate's whine. I am [I]so [/I]going to start this tradition on my next cruise. But I would never ask the waiter to put a cork in their whine... I would much rather do it myself! :D

[B]

~ Judy[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the kudos for my post, but the real credit goes to the OP [B]Paul65[/B] for starting this fun thread.

[quote name='OzKiwiJJ']Oh dear! I just had a mental picture of a waiter "corking" a whiner. A swift uppercut perhaps, or just a simple gag! :eek: :D

Sorry, Paul65, I did realise what you meant and you've had lots of good advice already. Thanks for the unintentional laugh though. ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think this was an intentional tongue-in-check thread by Paul65 who has cruised enough to have experienced some very cheap whine onboard.

[quote name='WrittenOnYourHeart']Love it!

So question... Does number 7 mean adults-only cruises?? :p I have yet to meet a child who doesn't get off on whine![/QUOTE]

LOL. No, more like wishful thinking on my part. We're raising our grandson so I'm afraid I'm one of those guilty of bringing under-aged whiners onboard.

[quote name='OldCaver']I've had table-mates who brought screw-top whines.
Do I still have to pay to have them corked?
:D[/QUOTE]

[B] Ooh, that's a good question! What do you do with the screw-top whiners???[/B]

~ Judy

I've encountered one or two of the wait staff sharing their own whine on the last night or two......it usually results in excellent or outstanding feedback..........

It is not usually of the quality of some of the whine shared by some of our fellow passengers but it is served consistently in my recall......

We like to keep our whine to ourselves in the cabin and not share it at all. Fortunately it is usually all gone by the second day of our vacation when we can enjoy sparkling wine forcthecrest of the cruise.......

[quote name='OldCaver']I've had table-mates who brought screw-top whines.
Do I still have to pay to have them corked?
:D[/QUOTE]

No need to pay for corking, in that case, just say screw 'em and move on. Edited by Paul65

[quote name='spookwife']incorrect it is 2 bottles PER STATEROOM. not one per adult of legal drinking age.[/QUOTE]

spookwife, that being said, if I am traveling in a cabin with just my daughter, who is 8 yrs old, can I still bring 2 bottles? Edited by MANDMTRAVEL

Wow - some poor information.

2 Bottles per cabin. Period

You can carry it one and deal with it yourself.
Or you can put it in checked baggage. IF they spot it via xray, you will have to come claim your bag.

NEXT - having your TA order it for you and then paying them back is just silly. The price is the same if you buy it.

[quote name='garycarla']NEXT - having your TA order it for you and then paying them back is just silly. The price is the same if you buy it.[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you got your information, but you are mistaken. RCI allows TAs to purchase certain gifts and amenities for client's at a reduced rate. Bottles of wine are one such item. Specific brands cannot be specified, only red or white. The price is not the same as the onboard cost, Edited by sippican