What to pack

Haddonqueen

Hi, it will be our first time on Azamara in December, We have cruised with P&O and a couple of other lines, I was just wondering what is acceptable to wear in the evenings, are dark denim ok and chinos.

The sales are on in the UK now so it's a good time to buy for the cruise.

Chinos are fine, but not denim except in the buffet. Men usually wear short sleeved shirts or polo shirts and chinos/casual trousers. Ladies trousers/ skirts and nice tops with some I dresses and maxi dresses, but not formal/cocktail dresses.

Some men wear jackets in the speciality restaurants, but not all - it's not essential.

Is it long trousers for men, or smart knee length shorts?

Are Capri trousers OK for women?

No shorts, even knee length. Capri pants for women were fine. My husband rocked up in very smart designer jeans on the first night, & whilst he wasn't sent away, we were reminded of the policy and let through as it was day 1.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hi, it will be our first time on Azamara in December, We have cruised with P&O and a couple of other lines, I was just wondering what is acceptable to wear in the evenings, are dark denim ok and chinos.

The sales are on in the UK now so it's a good time to buy for the cruise.

Very dark denim will be fine.

No one will care.

Oh they care about demin- i have seen people sent away. not shorts of any length..i wish they were not allowed anywhere on deck 5 after 6... people have walked by ready to mow the lawns on a sea day. Port day i might understand more.

Edited by ellbon

Chinos are fine, but not denim except in the buffet. Men usually wear short sleeved shirts or polo shirts and chinos/casual trousers. Ladies trousers/ skirts and nice tops with some I dresses and maxi dresses, but not formal/cocktail dresses.

Some men wear jackets in the speciality restaurants, but not all - it's not essential.

Re. Jackets for men in the dining venues, I hear feedback that they are not at all necessary, but when I received my tour book from Azamara, there were 6 pictures of couples dining, and 5 of them showed the men in jackets. I think one of them might have been onshore, but wondered if the majority do wear jackets, especially in the MDR & specialty restaurants. My husband is overjoyed not to have to take one, but is a little concerned that he might be in the minority onboard. We will be on a warm-weather itinerary.

Re. Jackets for men in the dining venues, I hear feedback that they are not at all necessary, but when I received my tour book from Azamara, there were 6 pictures of couples dining, and 5 of them showed the men in jackets. I think one of them might have been onshore, but wondered if the majority do wear jackets, especially in the MDR & specialty restaurants. My husband is overjoyed not to have to take one, but is a little concerned that he might be in the minority onboard. We will be on a warm-weather itinerary.

No, a good proportion won't be in jackets. He won't feel at all out of place if he doesn't take one.

Phil

My husband never wears a jacket but he does wear a nice collared shirt and nice slacks. Most men are "jacket-less" although you will see some in the specialty restaurants and occasionally in the MDR. He has never felt uncomfortable. (and it's lovely not to have to pack a jacket, especially in a warm weather itinerary)

Leave the jacket at home unless your husband wants to show his off. No need for it. Really. It's a casual ship.

How about at the Chef's Table dinners?

Do most not wear jackets to those events as well?

Or, is it a more formal affair?

My wife and I will want to attend one of these, and I don't want to feel under dressed.

I do like the thought of not packing a jacket though.

Edited by bbqoug

How about at the Chef's Table dinners?

Do most not wear jackets to those events as well?

Or, is it a more formal affair?

My wife and I will want to attend one of these, and I don't want to feel under dressed.

I do like the thought of not packing a jacket though.

Not a "formal" affair at all. You won'the be underdressed.

Leave the jacket at home unless your husband wants to show his off. No need for it. Really. It's a casual ship.

DH is not a show off, he wears what he is comfortable wearing and yes that includes a lightweight jacket for some evenings. The key is wear what YOU are comfortable with!

I too take a jacket. Actually I take a suit. There is usually one event on the cruise it is nice to dress up for, but I don't consider myself showing off. As uktog says, however you feel comfortable. You aren't going to get looked at strangely for wearing one, but then again you won't if you don't. No judgment necessary. That is the kind of dress code I like!

Phil

I too take a jacket. Actually I take a suit. There is usually one event on the cruise it is nice to dress up for, but I don't consider myself showing off. As uktog says, however you feel comfortable. You aren't going to get looked at strangely for wearing one, but then again you won't if you don't. No judgment necessary. That is the kind of dress code I like!

Phil

Our first AZ cruise we were randomly invited to the Captain's dinner and my husband was glad he had a sports jacket. That said, it wouldn't have really mattered at all. Also love their "no judgement necessary" dress code!