New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

I also think the Classic Pkg is hugely overpriced. But like you, it's not over priced if it comes as a perk. Under our original booking which included the 123!Go! promotion, we either got a drinks pkg for each of us, or we could have gotten $200 OBC. By my way of thinking, I'm getting two drink pkgs for $200.

On our statement from Celebrity, it shows the value of the Classic Pkg as $383, even though should one buy a pkg out of pocket, it would cost even more.

There is a good chance I will upgrade my Classic Pkg when on board.

To me, the premium package is hugely overpriced. But if I'm getting the classic as a perk, it may be worth it to upgrade it.

In case there are others, besides me!!, that don't know...you can book without doing big/better/best promotions.

We recently booked a Xmas cruise, with gratuities paid by the TA, and selected a lower cruise rate that didn't qualify for the promotion.

If I had only relied on the X website, I wouldn't have know that was possible.

In case there are others, besides me!!, that don't know...you can book without doing big/better/best promotions.

We recently booked a Xmas cruise, with gratuities paid by the TA, and selected a lower cruise rate that didn't qualify for the promotion.

If I had only relied on the X website, I wouldn't have know that was possible.

Actually, you can see lower cruise rates that don't qualify for the promotion on the X website, if they exist. Just select: "Want to see if you qualify for a different discount"?

That will then take you to a page where you input your state of residency, age, military, fire/police, CC member # and promo code. If any of these apply you will see the pricing without the BBB options, and, sometimes even with some perks - if there is a Special Offer taking place.

Edited by gimletgal

Kind of off topic, but can you order, say, an after dinner drink to be brought to your suite, and use your premium package?

No, no room service qualifies under the package.

But you CAN nicely ask the person sharing your cabin to go get that drink from a bar and deliver it to the cabin.;)

(I am usually the pre-dinner glass of wine waitress ;) )

No, no room service qualifies under the package.

But you CAN nicely ask the person sharing your cabin to go get that drink from a bar and deliver it to the cabin.;)

(I am usually the pre-dinner glass of wine waitress ;) )

Bummer! Of course, we are in an aft cabin, but guess that means both of us will log on some miles!

• 3 weeks later...

The Celebrity website shows a price for a veranda and also has a banner for Go Big on ocean view and up. Both my TA and Celebrity insist that I have to pay an additional $150 to get the classic beverage package, which is supposed to be one of the optional perks in Go Big. What am I doing wrong? Isn't a choice of one of the Go Big perks included in the published veranda price?

Yes, you should have "Classic Beverage Pkg for 2" as one of your picks for Go Big. Did you already pick another Go Big perk? Are you getting a special or discounted rate, such as a senior or veteran's discount or a guarantee cabin? The Go Big may not apply in those cases (I'm not sure - would need to ask travel agent or Celebrity). Celebrity or your travel agent should be able to explain why you cannot choose the beverage package as normally it should be a Go Big offer available to you.

Edited by TourDeCruise

Yes, you should have "Classic Beverage Pkg for 2" as one of your picks for Go Big. Did you already pick another Go Big perk? Are you getting a special or discounted rate, such as a senior or veteran's discount or a guarantee cabin? The Go Big may not apply in those cases (I'm not sure - would need to ask travel agent or Celebrity). Celebrity or your travel agent should be able to explain why you cannot choose the beverage package as normally it should be a Go Big offer available to you.

I had a choice of Residents rate or Go Big for my December cruise. Since I choose Residents Rate I don't get any picks.

This on going Celebrity promo is very confusing to so many people. I have been on two cruises and booked another one for next year under this promo. Celebrity knows what they are doing and are making huge profits with this promo. My guess is most people stick with the Go Big part and pick the Classic beverage package. Celebrity knows a good percent upgrade to the premium package so they get you right there making more money. It is very nice not to worry about ordering drinks and running up a huge bill at the end of the cruise. But trust me you are paying for it up front anyway. The best deal is always the outside cabin. You get the same promo perks with the lowest price cabin that the promo allows. People are discovering this and the outside cabins sell out quickly. It is all a number crunching game. The problem is many people do not take the time to figure it out. You also have to know that in many cases when you pick a senior rate or a resident rate that gives you a slight discount they knock you out of the promo. You might still do better with the promo depending what the other discount is. You just have to get your calculator out and crunch the numbers and see what you are really getting. I think this promo has been a major success for Celebrity. Not always a good deal for the consumer.

Thanks for confirming, Charles, Curt, and moviebuff. We haven't booked with any of the special rates since Go BBB went into effect, but that was my understanding that some discounted fares precluded getting a Go BBB.

On another note, I enjoyed your responses and technology analogy on the "chic" thread, Charles. I was happy to see someone respond to some posts I considered to be somewhat pretentious, elitist, or class-conscience (many likely in jest) and to do so in such a well-stated manner like you did.

Curt, your spreadsheet is very helpful. Thanks for sharing it.

Edited by TourDeCruise
Curt's spreadsheet

This on going Celebrity promo is very confusing to so many people. I have been on two cruises and booked another one for next year under this promo. Celebrity knows what they are doing and are making huge profits with this promo. My guess is most people stick with the Go Big part and pick the Classic beverage package. Celebrity knows a good percent upgrade to the premium package so they get you right there making more money. It is very nice not to worry about ordering drinks and running up a huge bill at the end of the cruise. But trust me you are paying for it up front anyway. The best deal is always the outside cabin. You get the same promo perks with the lowest price cabin that the promo allows. People are discovering this and the outside cabins sell out quickly. It is all a number crunching game. The problem is many people do not take the time to figure it out. You also have to know that in many cases when you pick a senior rate or a resident rate that gives you a slight discount they knock you out of the promo. You might still do better with the promo depending what the other discount is. You just have to get your calculator out and crunch the numbers and see what you are really getting. I think this promo has been a major success for Celebrity. Not always a good deal for the consumer.

We had booked our 2016 British Isles Cruise onboard under the 123 Go All Inclusive Promotion ( we got three perks). First price drop on this cruise we asked for they took away one perk and switched us to the current BBB promotion. Next price drop still under the current BBB promotion they took away another perk if we wanted the price drop. Europe sailings promotions had two perks under BBB when it first started. This is not my first experience with Celebrity promotions being we have Elite status, however, this is definitely the first time we had perks taken away if we wanted price drops. The second price drop we were definitely under the BBB promotion and they still took away a perk for the drop. I questioned the Celebrity rep about this and the rules under BBB had changed :eek: Have any of you had your perks taken away if you asked for a price reduction under the current BBB promotion? Would really appreciate your replies, thank-you.

We had booked our 2016 British Isles Cruise onboard under the 123 Go All Inclusive Promotion ( we got three perks). First price drop on this cruise we asked for they took away one perk and switched us to the current BBB promotion. Next price drop still under the current BBB promotion they took away another perk if we wanted the price drop. Europe sailings promotions had two perks under BBB when it first started. This is not my first experience with Celebrity promotions being we have Elite status, however, this is definitely the first time we had perks taken away if we wanted price drops. The second price drop we were definitely under the BBB promotion and they still took away a perk for the drop. I questioned the Celebrity rep about this and the rules under BBB had changed :eek: Have any of you had your perks taken away if you asked for a price reduction under the current BBB promotion? Would really appreciate your replies, thank-you.

BBB pricing is "capacity controlled" as we get closer to sailing, it may no longer be offered on all cabin categories while still being available on others. It is entirely possible when you made a change, that it wasn't being sold within the category you booked into while it may have still applied to other categories, for the fare you were getting or wasn't combinable with other perks on the reservation and a decision needs made as to which set of perks one wants to keep.

If it is available at the fare you booked, just book a brand new reservation, and cancel the old one. Any time a reservation is modified it is subject to repricing and "re-perking" at current fares and promos on the day of the change.

BBB pricing is "capacity controlled" as we get closer to sailing, it may no longer be offered on all cabin categories while still being available on others. It is entirely possible when you made a change, that it wasn't being sold within the category you booked into while it may have still applied to other categories, for the fare you were getting or wasn't combinable with other perks on the reservation and a decision needs made as to which set of perks one wants to keep.

If it is available at the fare you booked, just book a brand new reservation, and cancel the old one. Any time a reservation is modified it is subject to repricing and "re-perking" at current fares and promos on the day of the change.

My cabin category is sold out (allegedly) so my issue is moot. I was just curious how many people had to give up perks under the current BBB promotion to get a price drop.

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

My cabin category is sold out (allegedly) so my issue is moot. I was just curious how many people had to give up perks under the current BBB promotion to get a price drop.

I did that in June. When I carefully calculated the value of the perks to me, it made sense to take the price drop and give up the perks I had booked the cruise under. YMMV. Also a beverage package might be more of a value to you than to me. I am a light drinker due to low tolerance.

For my cruise this December with a Resident Rate I came out ahead without the perks. Also had a price drop right before final payment and keeping the Resident Rate with the price drop was still the better deal.

I have a booking for December 2016 and it currently is under Go Big, $300 OBC. I always watch the fares and deals so what I end up with could change before now and then.

Edited by Charles4515

I did that in June. When I carefully calculated the value of the perks to me, it made sense to take the price drop and give up the perks I had booked the cruise under. YMMV. Also a beverage package might be more of a value to you than to me. I am a light drinker due to low tolerance.

For my cruise this December with a Resident Rate I came out ahead without the perks. Also had a price drop right before final payment and keeping the Resident Rate with the price drop was still the better deal.

I have a booking for December 2016 and it currently is under Go Big, $300 OBC. I always watch the fares and deals so what I end up with could change before now and then.

I did the math too and the two perks were worth less that the price drops. Never had to give up perks on prior promotions if I wanted a price drop. Can't wait to see what new promotion Celebrity comes up with next.

It really boils down to understanding and accepting that perks are not free, they are just built into a fare, and sometimes one can save a few bucks by taking a higher fare with perks than taking a lower fare without perks, but savings are generally never going to be significant one way or the other.

If I read the new Sky Suite flyer correctly, they're bundling pretty much all of BBB (plus the unlimited specialty dining, Michael's Club, minibar restocking, two bottles of liquor, and a bottle of Champagne.) That's basically "Better than Best, or Bester.) Doesn't that sort of imply that you're going to be paying for those amenities in your fare on S1 & S2 no matter what?

Bonus question: If someone booked "Best" in a Sky Suite for a sailing during the period covered by the flyer, what is Celebrity going to do? Will the flyer perks apply, or or is there going to be an additional class of Sky Suites that don't have the new benefits?

Super Bonus Question: If you don't know at the moment, any idea when things will be clarified?

Thanks!

If I read the new Sky Suite flyer correctly, they're bundling pretty much all of BBB (plus the unlimited specialty dining, Michael's Club, minibar restocking, two bottles of liquor, and a bottle of Champagne.) That's basically "Better than Best, or Bester.) Doesn't that sort of imply that you're going to be paying for those amenities in your fare on S1 & S2 no matter what?

Bonus question: If someone booked "Best" in a Sky Suite for a sailing during the period covered by the flyer, what is Celebrity going to do? Will the flyer perks apply, or or is there going to be an additional class of Sky Suites that don't have the new benefits?

Super Bonus Question: If you don't know at the moment, any idea when things will be clarified?

Thanks!

You've confused and commingled a lot of things here.

• Mini bar only applies to Signature Suites and above - excludes Sky and Celebrity Suties.
  • Unlimited Dining, also excludes Celebrity and Sky
  • 2 Bottles of Liquor, also excludes Celebrity and Sky
  • Brand of Champagne is a better brand for Signature suites and above

Any suite can book (subject to the T&C's of the all 4 perks promotion) the all inclusive BEST!, which adds prepaid gratuities, $300 OBC, Premium Drinks (meaningless for Sig and up, as the cabin itself automatically includes this now) and internet (again meaningless for Signature and Up).

My guess is we will see the price of the cabins increase when the BEST! perk applies to these suites starting with bookings on November 16 (you can't get them today, only for booking later) just like historically we've seen fares go up when 123 applied and go down when 123 expired. If fares don't increase, I;d chuck that up to the fact that they increased a couple days ago already, which will give the illusion next week that the perks are free with no fare increases at that time.

If you book special pricing (resident, senior etc) and not displayed standard pricing, then you won't get the BBB perks, just like booking any reservation. I assume they will be capacity controlled, will have restrictions and apply to certain (likely most) sailings, the standard legalese....

What else needs some clarification?

You've confused and commingled a lot of things here.

• Mini bar only applies to Signature Suites and above - excludes Sky and Celebrity Suties.
  • Unlimited Dining, also excludes Celebrity and Sky
  • 2 Bottles of Liquor, also excludes Celebrity and Sky
  • Brand of Champagne is a better brand for Signature suites and above

Any suite can book (subject to the T&C's of the all 4 perks promotion) the all inclusive BEST!, which adds prepaid gratuities, $300 OBC, Premium Drinks (meaningless for Sig and up, as the cabin itself automatically includes this now) and internet (again meaningless for Signature and Up).

My guess is we will see the price of the cabins increase when the BEST! perk applies to these suites starting with bookings on November 16 (you can't get them today, only for booking later) just like historically we've seen fares go up when 123 applied and go down when 123 expired. If fares don't increase, I;d chuck that up to the fact that they increased a couple days ago already, which will give the illusion next week that the perks are free with no fare increases at that time.

If you book special pricing (resident, senior etc) and not displayed standard pricing, then you won't get the BBB perks, just like booking any reservation. I assume they will be capacity controlled, will have restrictions and apply to certain (likely most) sailings, the standard legalese....

What else needs some clarification?

Thanks. My mistake completely. I tend to think in HAL terms, where their Signature Suite is about the same size as the Sky Suites and I just mentally make the translation.