New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

Sorry - I forgot to include the Internet choice in my earlier post.

Should you spend the extra money for Go Better? Let's look at the mathematics on a per person basis for a 7-night cruise with the following GBBB values:

Gratuities – $12.95 per day

OBC – value of $150 or $21.43 per day

Classic Beverage – value depends on the individual

Internet - value depends on the individual

{{{{SNP}}}}

Then at the $15.00 per day cost of Go Better, you would lose money by paying to add on either Gratuities, Classic Beverage or Internet since they are all valued at less than $15 per day.

Conclusion: You should never select Gratuities and should only choose to pay for Go Better if you value either Classic Beverage or Internet at greater than $15 per day.

Larry

Yes but the OBC has a value of $21. So on a 7 day cruise that's the way to go. However on longer trips the OBC becomes less valuable or an actual expense.

Mike,

I agree with you that a $150 pp OBC benefit would be the better value on a 7 night cruise, even for those paying $16.45/night suite gratuities.

What I disagree with is Larry's conclusion that one should NEVER select gratuities under the "go better" option.

On a 10 night cruise or longer, suite gratuities would always trump the $150 OBC for suite guests. [10 x $16.45 = $164.50]

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr
To add correct names

Mike,

I agree with you that a $150 pp OBC benefit would be the better value on a 7 night cruise, even for those paying $16.45/night suite gratuities.

What I disagree with is Larry's conclusion that one should NEVER select gratuities under the "go better" option.

On a 10 night cruise or longer, suite gratuities would always trump the $150 OBC for suite guests. [10 x $16.45 = $164.50]

Jane

I agree.

Mike,

Jane

I agree, people need to sort out what is best for them on their cruise as it will all depend on the individuals preference and the length of the cruise.:D

I agree.

I have read the first 30 or so pages. I am sure my question has been answered, but I haven't found it yet.

If you book a "Big" how long do you have to upgrade to a "better". I thought I had read that it was up to 10 days before sailing with no change in fare as long as you did not change cabin class.

Of course, I could be confused. There is so much info / discussion here it isn't taking much for me to get confused.

I have read the first 30 or so pages. I am sure my question has been answered, but I haven't found it yet.

If you book a "Big" how long do you have to upgrade to a "better". I thought I had read that it was up to 10 days before sailing with no change in fare as long as you did not change cabin class.

Spot on.

how long can this thread go on.....surely people have got it by now choose which is best for you and book....

Considering that the service animal thread went on way longer than it should have and it made a few come backs after it dropped from the first page, I would expect this tread to run longer since it affects everyone who books a Celebrity cruise.

Of course, I could be confused. There is so much info / discussion here it isn't taking much for me to get confused.

I asked this question (I guess on a different thread) and was given the answer that you read.

I actually asked about upgrading OR downgrading.

We won't really know for sure until someone actually tries to do this and reports back on their success or failure. :(

how long can this thread go on.....surely people have got it by now choose which is best for you and book....

It is a thread....it is not breaking any CC rules, it is not being mean

or ugly......it will probably continue on.....if you are uhappy with it?

Not sure if you know about this but you can unsubscribe from any

thread....then you never have to look at it again.

It is a thread....it is not breaking any CC rules, it is not being mean

or ugly......it will probably continue on.....if you are uhappy with it?

Not sure if you know about this but you can unsubscribe from any

thread....then you never have to look at it again.

Alternatively they can ignore the notifications.:D

I asked this question (I guess on a different thread) and was given the answer that you read.

I actually asked about upgrading OR downgrading.

We won't really know for sure until someone actually tries to do this and reports back on their success or failure. :(

Given it's been published by Celebrity that it works that way we do really know for sure that it's possible.

This thread or a new version of it will be popular once new itins come out..for 2017...

Will also be interesting to see how things evolve...special offers etc...

TAs will be working hard to keep their existing customers as well as attracting new ones. IMO, there will be even more specials in the future.:D

I agree, I don't expect Lisa to personally address my issue, but the problem is escalating.

I am trying to upgrade a July 10th booking from Big to Better for $15. I keep getting the response she gave about bookings prior to July 6th to BBB which may involve a fare increase.

The FAQ sheet from Celebrity states: (last page, 3rd from bottom)

Can guests change from Go Big, Go Better and/ or Go Best ?

Yes, as long as the guests stays within the same cabin category. If, they change their cabin category, then they would pay prevailing pricing. To make the change, please call Trade Support to facilitate the change.

The reply I received from a X rep is:

Yes I saw that question (third from the bottom) and it's not correct. I have talked to our revenue team about this as well. It would be re-priced at the prevailing rate.

So, a X Rep states that what X says in their FAQ is wrong??? I felt this was bizzare and/or important enough to contact Lisa's office. I sent it to Concerns@celebrity.com. Hopefully they will address this issue.

Here is the FAQ sent to TA's.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=356173&stc=1&d=1437086203

Am I reading the last page wrong?

So, according to your post from another thread: (the first post I quoted above is from the other thread)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47149803#post47149803

this really hasn't been resolved at all. :(

That's what I was afraid of. :(

We are new to Celebrity and took the beverage package. So you can order a drink up to $8.00 say the drink is $12.00 can you pay the difference?

Or if any drink is over the $8.00 limit we just pay for the drink ourself is this correct?

Sorry, if this has been asked. I'm on information overload with Celebrity after our Princess cruise for next year was cancelled. And we rebooked with Celebrity.

Thanks for any information.

We are new to Celebrity and took the beverage package. So you can order a drink up to $8.00 say the drink is $12.00 can you pay the difference?

Or if any drink is over the $8.00 limit we just pay for the drink ourself is this correct?

Sorry, if this has been asked. I'm on information overload with Celebrity after our Princess cruise for next year was cancelled. And we rebooked with Celebrity.

Thanks for any information.

If it's over the limit, on the Classic package you have to pay for the whole thing. But if you upgrade to premium, then you only pay the difference if the drink you want isn't included on the premium menu.

If it's over the limit, on the Classic package you have to pay for the whole thing. But if you upgrade to premium, then you only pay the difference if the drink you want isn't included on the premium menu.

Thank you so much for this information!

I'm new to all of this also. We have the classic beverage package as a promo. Do you know how much more it costs to upgrade to premium? Also, when do the promos show up on the website reservation?

I'm new to all of this also. We have the classic beverage package as a promo. Do you know how much more it costs to upgrade to premium? Also, when do the promos show up on the website reservation?

Upgrade to premium costs $11.80 ($10 + 18% gratuity) per person/night.

Web-site defies prediction, in my experience.

Jane