New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

We got Florida resident and senior rates and still got the go big choice. We took $300 obc.

I think Florida rates may be some kind of exception to everything. Maybe they use those to fill the last empty cabins. Not sure because I don't live in Florida. On my sailing this December I could get either Maryland Resident rate or the $300 credit. The end cost was exactly the same. With the $300 OBC credit the cost of the cruise was $300 more which proves cle-guy's point that the perks are not free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

I was just curious how many people had to give up perks under the current BBB promotion to get a price drop.

Yes, we lost a perk earlier this week when we upgraded our regular veranda cabin to an Aqua Class cabin for a Med cruise. Celebrity had just reduced the prices of AQ cabins for that sailing to be the same as the starting price of Concierge Class cabins. It wasn't a reduction in price of our veranda cabin category, which actually had increased in price, but instead a reduction in price of the AQ category to which we upgraded. We lost one of the two perks that were part of the original booking where Celebrity had given two perks (Go Better) for European cruises. Because the current promotion is Go Big only and to pay for additional perks, we lost a perk. It was worth it to us to upgrade to AQ, especially since we were able to get "our" same cabin as on the preceding Transatlantic cruise (b2b). Our net increase was $17 per person/per day to go to AQ as a result of losing a perk and the increase in going from a veranda to AQ cabin. Well worth it to us as now we will not have to change cabins on our b2b and will be able to enjoy the AQ amenities for both cruises.

They could not make this all more confusing. Trust me Celebrity has this all figured out. I'm not complaining but don't understand what you have to be a mathematician to figure if you are getting a good deal or you are getting a bad deal.

I assumed too by getting a perk it was included with your room. But the rates go up and you pay for it. Still a good deal but have never had a drink pkg before. I'm not going to worry about it. We went from inside to oceanview which includes classic drink pkg. room went up $300 per person.

I think I'm getting a deal?

They could not make this all more confusing. Trust me Celebrity has this all figured out. I'm not complaining but don't understand what you have to be a mathematician to figure if you are getting a good deal or you are getting a bad deal.

I assumed too by getting a perk it was included with your room. But the rates go up and you pay for it. Still a good deal but have never had a drink pkg before. I'm not going to worry about it. We went from inside to oceanview which includes classic drink pkg. room went up $300 per person.

I think I'm getting a deal?

If you were going to buy the drink package anyway, this is a better price. If not, then perhaps it's not worth it.

If you were going to buy the drink package anyway, this is a better price. If not, then perhaps it's not worth it.

Well, they are also getting a move from inside to OV. For many people that in itself is worth something! Otherwise the companies would not be pricing OVs higher than inside cabins...

This on going Celebrity promo is very confusing to so many people. I have been on two cruises and booked another one for next year under this promo. Celebrity knows what they are doing and are making huge profits with this promo. My guess is most people stick with the Go Big part and pick the Classic beverage package. Celebrity knows a good percent upgrade to the premium package so they get you right there making more money. It is very nice not to worry about ordering drinks and running up a huge bill at the end of the cruise. But trust me you are paying for it up front anyway. The best deal is always the outside cabin. You get the same promo perks with the lowest price cabin that the promo allows. People are discovering this and the outside cabins sell out quickly. It is all a number crunching game. The problem is many people do not take the time to figure it out. You also have to know that in many cases when you pick a senior rate or a resident rate that gives you a slight discount they knock you out of the promo. You might still do better with the promo depending what the other discount is. You just have to get your calculator out and crunch the numbers and see what you are really getting. I think this promo has been a major success for Celebrity. Not always a good deal for the consumer.

It seems for me - on a 5-night cruise, go Better is the right choice. I take the $300 OBC and Classic Drink pkg, and once on-board, I upgrade to Premium Drink package (so the OBC covers the upgrade for 2, as well as tips...with some left over for a lunch or two at Bistro...tips on the drinks, etc.).

I looked at taking the Exciting Deals and saving the money (and losing the perks)...but decided that not having to worry abt drinks at all is a nice feeling. Not big drinkers...but usually have a martini before dinner, glass of wine with dinner, specialty coffee in the morning.....just nice not to think about it (plus could be fun to try the interesting cocktails in the World Class bar, Slush, different beers in Gastropub...).

It seems for me - on a 5-night cruise, go Better is the right choice. I take the $300 OBC and Classic Drink pkg, and once on-board, I upgrade to Premium Drink package (so the OBC covers the upgrade for 2, as well as tips...with some left over for a lunch or two at Bistro...tips on the drinks, etc.).

It will only cover the tips if you book traditional dining. If you book select the gratuity has to be paid at finial payment so you won't be able to apply the OBC.

We originally booked with the GOBEST but then downgraded to GOBIG bc crunching the numbers it wasn't a good deal.... We usually do the 123go all inclusive and then upgrade on the ship to premium bed since we like wine. Saved like 1600 taking it off and the extra insurance.

We both have company phones so internet no really necessary

My cabin category is sold out (allegedly) so my issue is moot. I was just curious how many people had to give up perks under the current BBB promotion to get a price drop.

Whoa can someone explain the asking for a price drop thing? I'm not familiar...we are in a C3 concierge cabin with GOBEST, select status.

Whoa can someone explain the asking for a price drop thing? I'm not familiar...we are in a C3 concierge cabin with GOBEST, select status.

If the price drops prior to final payment, you can get your fare repriced. Contact whomever you booked with. Just beware that promotions may not be available with the new price-- make sure that you're aware of the changes before you refare.

It will only cover the tips if you book traditional dining. If you book select the gratuity has to be paid at finial payment so you won't be able to apply the OBC.

The way I did it in the past...I selected a dining time so I didn't have to pay gratuities up front. Sailing in AQ, having a dining time doesn't matter - I go to Blu whenever I want.

Make sense?

I'm reposting my "decision maker" worksheet since this thread has risen up again.

Happy to email out the excel version if any one needs it.

I would love a copy of the "decision maker" excel version of your worksheet. Thank you for sharing. I love reading all your helpful posts.

dawoodside@yahoo.com

Thanks again!

I thought I had this figured out but guess not. Have the Go Best (all four perks) on our upcoming Connie cruise. No other dining time was available except anytime dining. The gratuities are being added to our cruisefare and the agent I talked to couldn't fix it even though our fare includes gratuities (go best). Does this get added as refundable OBC? Already have $400 of OBC and really don't need more.

I thought I had this figured out but guess not. Have the Go Best (all four perks) on our upcoming Connie cruise. No other dining time was available except anytime dining. The gratuities are being added to our cruisefare and the agent I talked to couldn't fix it even though our fare includes gratuities (go best). Does this get added as refundable OBC? Already have $400 of OBC and really don't need more.

Sounds weird. Call again.

If you have all 4 perks paid gratuity is one of the perks. When I booked concierge under 123go I received the drink package, paid gratuity and $300 obc. The drink package and gratuity was charged to the reservation and 10 days later I received a credit for the drink package and paid gratuity. The celebrity agent told me that this is how the system worked and to allow at least 10 days for the credit to post.

Yes, you should have "Classic Beverage Pkg for 2" as one of your picks for Go Big. Did you already pick another Go Big perk? Are you getting a special or discounted rate, such as a senior or veteran's discount or a guarantee cabin? The Go Big may not apply in those cases (I'm not sure - would need to ask travel agent or Celebrity). Celebrity or your travel agent should be able to explain why you cannot choose the beverage package as normally it should be a Go Big offer available to you.

Thanks. Yes, I think that's what it was. They were giving me the resident's rate. It would have been clearer if they had told me that.

My 20 year old daughter and I are booked on a 7 night Christmas cruise and I am trying to figure out if we should change our Go Better perks.

I am not a drinker, but love a good frozen drink (virgin is fine with me) and mostly drink water or tea with my meals. We were able to book an outside cabin guarantee for a total of $1359 for the two of us which includes the Go Better promo. We chose pre paid gratuities and the $300 OBC with an additional $75 OBC via Celebrity because of a price drop the same day. Seemed like a great deal to me.

Does anyone know if I changed our choices to the OBC and classic beverage package if that would work as my daughter isn't yet 21? Are the premium non-alcoholic drinks covered in the classic package?

My 20 year old daughter and I are booked on a 7 night Christmas cruise and I am trying to figure out if we should change our Go Better perks.

I am not a drinker, but love a good frozen drink (virgin is fine with me) and mostly drink water or tea with my meals. We were able to book an outside cabin guarantee for a total of $1359 for the two of us which includes the Go Better promo. We chose pre paid gratuities and the $300 OBC with an additional $75 OBC via Celebrity because of a price drop the same day. Seemed like a great deal to me.

Does anyone know if I changed our choices to the OBC and classic beverage package if that would work as my daughter isn't yet 21? Are the premium non-alcoholic drinks covered in the classic package?

I don't know if an exception can be made because she is underage. But the classic package only includes the items in the classic nonalcoholic.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

The same thing happened to us. We choose go Best. It is a bookkeeping problem. Our agent (Celebrity) said that the gratuities had to be added at the time of booking for Select Dining. We were also charged for the Go Best promotion. After a week or so, you will be issued a new statement showing that the prepaid gratuities will be removed, and it will also have a breakdown of the values of the Go Best promotion. Your booking agent should have told you this. Give it a week, then call, and ask for an updated statement.

There will not be additional on board credit, however, you final statement will indicated a lower cost for final payment.

Edited by sleepless