New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

Thank you for the info - sounds like it may be better to pay for specialty drinks separately, if not included, rather than upgrade for a 12 night cruise. I've also found the site to be unpredictable.

Thank you for the info - sounds like it may be better to pay for specialty drinks separately, if not included, rather than upgrade for a 12 night cruise. I've also found the site to be unpredictable.

It really depends on what you feel like drinking during your cruise.

Celebrity really does offer a good variety of mixed drinks and non-alcoholic bevs under the Classic package.

You may just try it and find you are very satisfied, at least for most of your cruise. It's really nice that we have the option of upgrading, on a pro-rated basis, for the remaining cruise nights. Just make sure to ask the latest night that upgrades are available. You should also know that you don't need to upgrade both guests in your suite if only 1 of you would like Premium beverages.

What worked well for us was to start out with the classic package for most of the cruise. We then decided to upgrade one day(with about 5 nights to go) because we decided to have a non-covered drink . Once we upgraded, we made a point of sampling drinks from the Martini bar and higher priced wines.

As far as the web-site, it can certainly be a big source of frustration pre-cruise, but it is fortunately not reflective of the onboard Celebrity experience.

Jane

I'm new to all of this also. We have the classic beverage package as a promo. Do you know how much more it costs to upgrade to premium? Also, when do the promos show up on the website reservation?

To attempt an answer your 2nd question, there is a "back door' way of seeing if your beverage package was added.

You need to sign into your "MyCelebrity' acct.

Choose to "manage reservation" and then look on the right hand side for the following:

View Cruise Planner Orders

Shopping Cart

Order History

Click on "order history" link and you should see something like "Wave Promo -- Classic Package" (or however they are currently coding it). There's probably no $ amount associated with it, but that seems to be OK. My booking from last Dec oddly has the above language but with "Aarhus, Denmark" appearing under it. (Really odd for a US booking on a Caribbean cruise, but that's a typical IT glitch to ignore)

If you click on order details, it will probably spell out both passengers with $0 charge next to each.

As far as OBC, I find that is usually promptly reflected on my "booking confirmation -- guest copy” from my travel agent. If you booked directly with Celebrity, I'd expect that they email you something similar.

It seems that reflecting Gratuities is a difficult IT task. It requires delays of up to 10 days (I think that's the # we've been told). I've found it to take much longer and requiring repeated follow-ups with Celebrity (or through you travel agent, if you used one).

Try not to let the annoying web glitches detract from the excitement of anticipating an amazing cruise experience with Celebrity.

Jane

It really depends on what you want to drink, if all you drink is martinis then the Premium is the way to go. the classic on the other hand is good enough for the main beers.:D

The situation has been resolved. They have retrained the X reps. You will in fact be able to upgrade or downgrade the BBB on bookings made after July 6th at anytime up to 10 days prior to sailing for the $15 or $45 depending on what package you want. There is no change in base fare unless you change cabin categories.

So, all of us who figured out that it makes sense to go "Better" with OBC on the cruises of less than 9 days need to call their TA or X and make that change. You can also downgrade, so if you went Better with OBC and have just figured out you are even or loosing money on cruises of 10 days or greater, you too should call your TA or X.

FYI, I am referring to standard cabins, not suites

Edited by Keys Kathy
grammer

It really depends on what you want to drink, if all you drink is martinis then the Premium is the way to go. the classic on the other hand is good enough for the main beers.:D

The "main beers" don't have a lot to offer. The "real" beers are the reason we upgrade.

If you can get by with the yellow, fizzy stuff, stay classic.;)

The "main beers" don't have a lot to offer. The "real" beers are the reason we upgrade.

The quality of the beer and that of the wine by the glass are reason enough to justify the upgrade to premium. YMMV.;)

Can you get Coors light beer with the classic package?

Thanks

I am noticing pricing is really starting to go up on some of these cruises. I have one booked on the Reflection for Mar 2016 and the price for 2 people including taxes and port charges is $2504.00 for a C3. Plus I have the 123 GO. Now the price for the C3 is $3207.44 and that includes just the Go Big.

Upgrade to premium costs $11.80 ($10 + 18% gratuity) per person/night.

Web-site defies prediction, in my experience.

Jane

Thank you for the information. Now leaning toward upgrading, most for better wine options and specialty drinks.

To attempt an answer your 2nd question, there is a "back door' way of seeing if your beverage package was added.

You need to sign into your "MyCelebrity' acct.

Choose to "manage reservation" and then look on the right hand side for the following:

Click on "order history" link and you should see something like "Wave Promo -- Classic Package" (or however they are currently coding it). There's probably no $ amount associated with it, but that seems to be OK. My booking from last Dec oddly has the above language but with "Aarhus, Denmark" appearing under it. (Really odd for a US booking on a Caribbean cruise, but that's a typical IT glitch to ignore)

If you click on order details, it will probably spell out both passengers with $0 charge next to each.

As far as OBC, I find that is usually promptly reflected on my "booking confirmation -- guest copy” from my travel agent. If you booked directly with Celebrity, I'd expect that they email you something similar.

It seems that reflecting Gratuities is a difficult IT task. It requires delays of up to 10 days (I think that's the # we've been told). I've found it to take much longer and requiring repeated follow-ups with Celebrity (or through you travel agent, if you used one).

Try not to let the annoying web glitches detract from the excitement of anticipating an amazing cruise experience with Celebrity.

Jane

It's not appearing under My Celebrity Account's Order History, but assume it may be because I'm working with a TA, and I think she indicated they won't show up until we submit our final payment prior to the cruise.

Our cruise isn't until next May, so I'm jumping the gun a little, but anxious for all to be in place.

Thanks again, Jane!

It's not appearing under My Celebrity Account's Order History, but assume it may be because I'm working with a TA, and I think she indicated they won't show up until we submit our final payment prior to the cruise.

Our cruise isn't until next May, so I'm jumping the gun a little, but anxious for all to be in place.

Thanks again, Jane!

I always book with a Cruise Agent/friend, so that shouldn't be a reason for the Bev package not showing up under your order history.

Perhaps it isn't instant, but it is *not* related to final payment.

My package showing in Order History (mentioned in prior post) is for a Feb 2017 cruise, so final payment has definitely not been made.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't want to make final payment until my perks were properly reflected on the booking confirmation.

If I were you, I'd wait at least a couple of weeks after your booking date and then ask your TA for a new copy of your Celebrity "Booking Confirmation -- Guest Copy". It may show the cost of your perks added in and then subtracted back out. If not, I'd ask the TA to contact celebrity to fix it and send you a revised confirmation.

==================================================================

Update:

I FOUND It!

Here's the language from the FAQ in the Overview flyer (dated 6 2015) for Go! BBB Program:

Q: Will my invoice show the amenities I have chosen?

A: Yes, but will not show up on the invoice until 10 days after deposit is made. However, the promo name will show what selection was made.

Edited by JaneStarr
To add info

I always book with a Cruise Agent/friend, so that shouldn't be a reason for the Bev package not showing up under your order history.

Perhaps it isn't instant, but it is *not* related to final payment.

My package showing in Order History (mentioned in prior post) is for a Feb 2017 cruise, so final payment has definitely not been made.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't want to make final payment until my perks were properly reflected on the booking confirmation.

If I were you, I'd wait at least a couple of weeks after your booking date and then ask your TA for a new copy of your Celebrity "Booking Confirmation -- Guest Copy". It may show the cost of your perks added in and then subtracted back out. If not, I'd ask the TA to contact celebrity to fix it and send you a revised confirmation.

==================================================================

Update:

I FOUND It!

Here's the language from the FAQ in the Overview flyer (dated 6 2014) for Go! BBB Program:

Thanks for the advice. I've written to my TA, asking them again why promotions aren't showing up, particularly the beverage package. Do have the email confirmation from her, if it comes to that, but think it may be related to her managing a group booking, and she may not have finalized all details.

Will keep checking. Thanks again!

Thanks for the advice. I've written to my TA, asking them again why promotions aren't showing up, particularly the beverage package. Do have the email confirmation from her, if it comes to that, but think it may be related to her managing a group booking, and she may not have finalized all details.

It very well could have something to do with the group booking; I just don't know too much about that.

From what I've read, some things do take longer to be reflected on group bookings. When I've had a group booking, my agent has still provided me with the official Celebrity "Booking Confirmation -- Guest Copy"

You'll want to eventually see that before making final payment, but you do have plenty of time :D

Jane

I booked a cruise through a TA withe 123go months ago. Mine doesn't show either, but my TA and Celebrity says it' son the booking. I do have the promos listed on my receipt.

Try signing into your MyCelebrity and checking under "Order history"

I'm betting it shows up there like my 123 Go booking.

Jane

I have an =X= booking confirmation from this past February for a cruise next March that clearly shows the beverage package chosen under the 123Go promo, but it doesn't appear anywhere online. Like you, it's a group booking handled by out TA.

While I'm not concerned yet, this happened once previously with a beverage package we'd chosen on a similar promo. Our TA at that time told us not to worry, all would be ok as her paperwork clearly showed it. Guess what? Got to the ship and no beverage package. I pointed out that we had clearly booked during the promo and were entitled to the perk, but the ship's staff said that their hands were tied and that without HQ approval, they couldn't give it to us. They were very understanding and made every effort to convince Miami to give us the perk, but Miami held their ground saying that the TA hadn't completed the paperwork properly!

In the end, I kept all of our drink receipts and gave them to the TA with a request for reimbursement, which I received. I nevertheless switched TAs and will be certain to hound her if the beverage package doesn't appear on Celebrity's website in the final few weeks.

Moral of the story: there shouldn't be a problem, but keep a close eye on it!

I just checked and it's not there. I'm pretty sure we're part of a group booking through the TA though.

Just make sure you see it on official Celebrity paperwork before making final payment.

It's a good practice to bring your official Celebrity booking confirmation, showing perks, with you on your cruise to avoid the terrible situation Fouremco encountered.

Jane

I just checked and it's not there. I'm pretty sure we're part of a group booking through the TA though.

Just ask your TA if you are in a group. He/she should simply tell you if you want to know. Sometimes there are extra amenities when you are in a group. You have the right to expect answers.

Just make sure you see it on official Celebrity paperwork before making final payment.

It's a good practice to bring your official Celebrity booking confirmation, showing perks, with you on your cruise to avoid the terrible situation Fouremco encountered.

Jane

To reinforce Jane's comment, make sure you have it on Celebrity letterhead. I had our travel agency's printed booking confirmation on their letterhead, but that wasn't good enough for Celebrity. :(

To reinforce Jane's comment, make sure you have it on Celebrity letterhead. I had our travel agency's printed booking confirmation on their letterhead, but that wasn't good enough for Celebrity. :(

YES! To reinforce this point, my cruise agent sends me the official Celebrity "Booking Confirmation -- Guest Copy" whenever a change or correction is made to my reservation. Here is a screen shot of the header of my current booking so that you will know exactly what to look for:

illsoj.jpg

Note that my agent also sends these when we are booked into one of her groups. The only difference is that there is a group ID listed in parentheses next to our reservation ID.

I hope this saves my fellow cruisers some shipboard grief. :eek:

Jane