Bringing own food onboard

Hello. We are wondering if you are able to bring any food onboard? We are traveling with a toddler & aren't sure if the ships have "snacks" as such. Our little one likes little biscuits , musli bars etc & wanted to pack some. Also are you allowed to bring unopened cordial with you? Thanks in advance we will be on explorer

Hello. We are wondering if you are able to bring any food onboard? We are traveling with a toddler & aren't sure if the ships have "snacks" as such. Our little one likes little biscuits , musli bars etc & wanted to pack some. Also are you allowed to bring unopened cordial with you? Thanks in advance we will be on explorer

You are not allowed to bring any alcoholic beverages other than two 750ml bottles of wine.

Edited by clarea

Clarea. This is a non alcoholic drink just mix with water. Helps if you funny tummy so would it still no be allowed?

Technically, no beverages are allowed, other than the two bottles of wine. However, they frequently don't enforce that rule for non-alcoholic beverages.

Clarea. This is a non alcoholic drink just mix with water. Helps if you funny tummy so would it still no be allowed?

Cordial meant alcoholic. Again, you can bring any pre-packaged NON ALCOHOLIC whatever that you want. Especially if it's non liquid.

Edited by bouhunter

Oh hahaa sorry did not know cordial meant alcoholic. ok might put one in luggage if they take it they take it!! Thank you. I presume they sell snacks on board just not sure how fussy little one will be..!!!

Cordial meant alcoholic. Again, you can bring any pre-packaged NON ALCOHOLIC whatever that you want. Especially if it's non liquid.

In Australia and Britain cordial is a concentrated flavoring that you mix with water. It is usually fruit flavored, and it's not alcoholic. I think kool aid might be the U.S. equivalent? I'm not sure about that.

OP as has been mentioned it's technically forbidden but unlikely to be enforced. You will have no trouble getting biscuits on board but I haven't seen muesli bars so it might be best to pack some if your little one is partial to them.

Oh hahaa sorry did not know cordial meant alcoholic. ok might put one in luggage if they take it they take it!! Thank you. I presume they sell snacks on board just not sure how fussy little one will be..!!!

They do sell snacks, but not a huge variety, and I'm not sure they would be what you are looking for. They sell things like Pringles and candy bars.

There are small boxes of cereal available at breakfast in Windjammer (buffet) that you might want to grab so you have something in your stateroom when the food venues are closed.

Hi ash88

They always serve a super strong lemon flavoured cordial in the Windjammer which is free. This might be suitable if you water it down a lot.

I have taken my own soft drink onboard from Sydney opt and had no problems at all.

They have biscuits in the Windjammer and the flavours vary but usually theres a chocolate chip, coconut (similar to Anzac ones) and plain ones. You can also get crackers near the soup area in Windjammer. Soft serve ice cream / yoghurt is also free.

We brought some snacks for our 21 month old. For the most part, she didn't eat them. We had our normal meals, and would grab a box of cheerios or Pops in the morning and bring that around with us for the day. If she got hungry we went and got some fruit from the windjammer, or some other snack from the promenade.

I would put it your carry on for this stratagy. If you put it in your checked luggage your bags may be delayed.

Shak

only in the States. lemonade is also different to anyone outside the lower 48 and our two latecomers to the fold, AK and HI.

When my grandson was 6 months old we used a small carry-on to bring his jar babyfood (meats-fruits & veggies), cereals, formula, bottles, bottle washer, soap and assorted baby snacks. It was a lot less expensive than buying the baby package on board. We also brought a small case of water to mix his formula. He didnt eat table food at that time so this was our best option. Afterwards the empty carry-on was used to pack very few unused items and gifts we purchased :D

So when people say lemonade is also free onboard Is it like sprite?! confusing that every country calls drinks different names!

No, it's the American version of lemonade, not fizzy.

Think powdered lemonade drink mix pre-mixed with water. Though I thought someone said they actually use a liquid concentrate somewhere on the boards, but it tastes pretty much the same. If you buy a drink package that comes with a coke cup they have the fizzy version in there. You can even add cherry or strawberry to make it fizzy cherry or strawberry lemonade.

So when people say lemonade is also free onboard Is it like sprite?! confusing that every country calls drinks different names!

American Lemonade is water, lemon juice and sugar. NO bubbles. I usually mix it with the iced tea on board to make an Arnold Palmer. each of them on their own are kinda gross but together they are palatable.

anything with bubbles is called soda or pop depending on where in the country you live. that is NOT free on board but most drink packages include it( fountain and can)

You call it cordial, others call it squash, in the US, we have Koolaid or fruit punch or lemonade. All are fruit flavored, non-alcoholic, non-fizzy water based drinks.

I emailed Royal Caribbean with that same question re cordial, they said no, even though I explained to them rasberry cordial was to be used sort of for medicinal purposes, for those non Australians amongst us, it is believed to help prevent 'Bali Belly' (and this may have some scientific merit according to my friends husband who is a scientist) so we will try and take some on board anyway. The worst that can happen is they take it away. Much cheaper than buying Travalan which is a commercial product that neutralises E-coli.

I thought the lemonade might be sprite too :-(

I emailed Royal Caribbean with that same question re cordial, they said no, even though I explained to them rasberry cordial was to be used sort of for medicinal purposes, for those non Australians amongst us, it is believed to help prevent 'Bali Belly' (and this may have some scientific merit according to my friends husband who is a scientist) so we will try and take some on board anyway. The worst that can happen is they take it away. Much cheaper than buying Travalan which is a commercial product that neutralises E-coli.

We are just going to take it in our hand luggage & hope for the best!! We have always taken Anchor brand on all Asian holidays and never got sick (touch wood!) Hopefully we get it on board.

I think you're getting the response you are because of the terminology you are using. The term "cordial" in the US refers to an alcoholic drink. It sounds as if you are asking to bring along a raspberry flavo(u)red beverage or beverage additive. I don't really think it is going to be a problem.

Terminology can make a world of difference. Ask for a biscuit in the US, and you are not asking for a sweet treat. You will get a leavened bread product with the intention of typically adding butter, jelly, jam, or savory addons. A biscuit in other parts of the world are cookies in the US. Just a matter of difference in terminology can make a difference in what you receive.