QV May 31, 2016 cancelled....

avalon1025

Yes, I got the word today as well. My TA said they were going to keep the QV in the Med instead of the transatlantics. Bummer for me!

The transatlantics have been removed from the website but the new itineraries haven't been posted as of this AM.

Edited by Cruise NH

I was told today a 7 day Fjords cruise RT Southampton

a 7 day western Europe: Lisbon, Vigo, St Petersport

and a 4 night cruise to Zeebruge

Its funny, on the QM2 a few weeks ago many were purchasing the QV TA combined with the 14 night Med cruise then QM2 back. It was one of the few spring combination cruises

It is a shame for everyone interested in that crossing.

I was looking at alternatives for later in the year and it looks like the QM2 drops off the map again from Oct 18th to Nov 19th. When the schedule first came out I could have sworn there were transatlantics scheduled for that time, now there is nothing I can see.

I was looking at those cruises for 2016 as possible ones to take. Guess I will have to readjust and reconsider when I would like to go. I did get a 2016 book a month or so ago from Cunard and those cruises were listed. Will have to rethink when I would like to go if I decide to do a 2016 QM2 cruise.

It is a shame for everyone interested in that crossing.

I was looking at alternatives for later in the year and it looks like the QM2 drops off the map again from Oct 18th to Nov 19th. When the schedule first came out I could have sworn there were transatlantics scheduled for that time, now there is nothing I can see.

Is that Oct. 18 - Nov. 19, 2015?

I believe they are talking 2016. That was the title of this thread. I could be wrong though. I was talking 2016 in my response. Need to get back out and see if the cruises for 2016 that I was looking at have been removed on the website.

Too bad. Loved qv for a ta!

Hi,

I agree. Like you, I was on the Queen Victoria's transatlantic crossing in April 2015. I had a wonderful time and greatly enjoyed the ship. It is unfortunate that these crossings for next year have been cancelled.

Chuck

I was intending on booking the westbound crossing of 22 May which was to call at Halifax en route to New York. It would have been one of the rare opportunities to disembark an Atlantic crossing in Canada. We did that in June of last year on the QM2.

I attended the morning festivities in Halifax today, part of the welcome for the QM2 on its commemorative crossing from Liverpool Many of the speeches touched on the significance of Halifax to Cunard. It was after the programme that I was told quietly that next years QV crossings were cancelled.

I was intending on booking the westbound crossing of 22 May which was to call at Halifax en route to New York. It would have been one of the rare opportunities to disembark an Atlantic crossing in Canada. We did that in June of last year on the QM2.

I attended the morning festivities in Halifax today, part of the welcome for the QM2 on its commemorative crossing from Liverpool Many of the speeches touched on the significance of Halifax to Cunard. It was after the programme that I was told quietly that next years QV crossings were cancelled.

The ceremony/festivities would have been interesting to attend at least.:D

The QV B2B transatlantic from Southampton on 31st May 2016 has been cancelled. If this is because the QM2 refit has been put back from May 2016 to October 2016, does this mean that in Oct/ Nov 2016 QV or QE will take over QM2 duties on the transatlantic route? As QV is on an extended fly cruise stint down the Med might this mean there will be changes to QE's itineraries? I watch with interest!

The QV B2B transatlantic from Southampton on 31st May 2016 has been cancelled. If this is because the QM2 refit has been put back from May 2016 to October 2016, does this mean that in Oct/ Nov 2016 QV or QE will take over QM2 duties on the transatlantic route? As QV is on an extended fly cruise stint down the Med might this mean there will be changes to QE's itineraries? I watch with interest!

Interesting to see what they will do, but unless they really see the TAs as that important, I cannot see them cancelling the QEs itineraries as well.

The Qm2 refit has not been put back still May 2016 but the 8 day crossings on Vic and Qm2 were not selling so they are changing the Qm2 crossings in Oct/Nov to 7 nights and also adding a 4 day cruise.

Well that seems to put to bed any suspicions of a QM2 refit move from Spring to Autumn next year; also, how wrong the marketing people were, presumably it was them, in recommending a move from 7 days to 8 for a direct crossing. It could be they weren't involved and it was a bean counting recommendation based solely on a saving in fuel costs. Whichever, I recall my wife and I being invited to the Captain's table in QM2's Britannia restaurant when the 8-day direct crossings were first introduced. I was quite critical of them siting the usual arguments of being too long and not sitting easily with a week's holiday for working people etc. The Captain at the time, now retired, was very dismissive of my comments and said the 8-day crossing would be a winner with the public and a bonus fo Cunard with fuel savings. Erm.........!

Well that seems to put to bed any suspicions of a QM2 refit move from Spring to Autumn next year; also, how wrong the marketing people were, presumably it was them, in recommending a move from 7 days to 8 for a direct crossing. It could be they weren't involved and it was a bean counting recommendation based solely on a saving in fuel costs. Whichever, I recall my wife and I being invited to the Captain's table in QM2's Britannia restaurant when the 8-day direct crossings were first introduced. I was quite critical of them siting the usual arguments of being too long and not sitting easily with a week's holiday for working people etc. The Captain at the time, now retired, was very dismissive of my comments and said the 8-day crossing would be a winner with the public and a bonus fo Cunard with fuel savings. Erm.........!
The captain retired, is it just a coincidence or was he that embarrassed about his comments and the direction Cunard were heading.:eek: