Explore 4 USA 2016-2017

cp556

Shortly after we booked our cruise last year the Explore 4 promotion was offered. Our cruise actually went down when the offer first came out and later increased after the promotion (almost $500pp). Final payment is tomorrow and I was hoping for a price reduction before that, but no such luck.

All of Alaska 2016 Will Most Definitely be included. What will NOT be included will be any Grand Voyages, most voyages that are over 14 days in length. Many of the Panama Canal Cruises most likely will not be included.Pretty much all of the 7 day cruises will be included except for some Holiday Cruises.

Except the 10-day Sunfarer Panama Canal cruise was included this year. In your opinion, though, a TA cruise will not be included?

All of Alaska 2016 Will Most Definitely be included. What will NOT be included will be any Grand Voyages, most voyages that are over 14 days in length. Many of the Panama Canal Cruises most likely will not be included.Pretty much all of the 7 day cruises will be included except for some Holiday Cruises.

I am revising what I stated previous, there are a few more sailings than in past years that will be included counting several over 14 days and just a few Panama Canal cruises. The cruises that will be included will be sailings from January 2016 through March 2017 with a few exceptions. Anything prior does not appear to be included. With one exception many of the Holiday 2015 sailings will be included. Also new that had not previous always been included for Explore were the Trans Atlantics but it appears they are all there even Koningsdam. The Explore4 will be from July 20th through October 30th and if history tells us anything they will extend it one more month ;) But remember any any time a sailing can be pulled from the promotion.

The BIGGEST news is that Interior cabins will now get to have the Explore4, in the past it was always Ocean View and higher but this time ALL categories are included.

HAL must be getting ready to release the Explore 4 - the prices of both of my upcoming cruises have jumped by $300 pp today!

The price of my cruise went up today too. Since I booked, the price on my category CQ has gone up $980 per person. It'll be interesting to see where things are when the promotion is rolled out.

I am revising what I stated previous, there are a few more sailings than in past years that will be included counting several over 14 days and just a few Panama Canal cruises. The cruises that will be included will be sailings from January 2016 through March 2017 with a few exceptions. Anything prior does not appear to be included. With one exception many of the Holiday 2015 sailings will be included. Also new that had not previous always been included for Explore were the Trans Atlantics but it appears they are all there even Koningsdam. The Explore4 will be from July 20th through October 30th and if history tells us anything they will extend it one more month ;) But remember any any time a sailing can be pulled from the promotion.

The BIGGEST news is that Interior cabins will now get to have the Explore4, in the past it was always Ocean View and higher but this time ALL categories are included.

Many thanks for the great info - very exciting news! Do you know if Explore4 can be arranged with FCC? And if we do buy a FCC onboard in August with Explore4, can we also get ZPM even if HAL doesn't send us an email after the cruise (which I suspect they might not do if we get an FCC)?

Sorry to have so many questions - seems there are lots of possibile deal opportunities. We will appreciate anyone's help understanding all of this.

Could you perhaps find out if Caribbean cruises November-March 2016/17 have that promo as well? We're currently booked on a transatlantic on the Koningsdam with Explore 4 ( which opened earlier in Europe) but the following cruises in the Caribbean are not covered (yet?). It would be interesting to know.

Thank you for your help.

Many thanks for the great info - very exciting news! Do you know if Explore4 can be arranged with FCC? And if we do buy a FCC onboard in August with Explore4, can we also get ZPM even if HAL doesn't send us an email after the cruise (which I suspect they might not do if we get an FCC)?

Sorry to have so many questions - seems there are lots of possibile deal opportunities. We will appreciate anyone's help understanding all of this.

We have combined the Explore4, FCD, ZPM and stockholder credits.

Upcoming cruise is with Anniversary sale, FCD, ZPM and stockholder - it really adds up.

I wonder if they are trying to snag some of the celebrity market. I was looking at their PC itineraries and they now have a 'go big, go bigger, go bust' pricing but the perks are excluded from insides, TAs and repositioning cruises (my potential PC).

FCD is an onboard credit one receives when buying a Future Cruise Deposit while onboard. It is applied to your next cruise booked after purchasing the FCD. The ZPM is a "thank you" onboard credit HAL offers via email usually within 2 weeks of a completed cruise & applied to a new cruise booking made within 60 days.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That's nothing new.

I've had Explore 4 in an inside cabin before. Last time the dinner was limited to Canaletto (not Pinnacle), but the Signature Beverage Card was included (and that's the good part. ;)).

That's nothing new.

I've had Explore 4 in an inside cabin before. Last time the dinner was limited to Canaletto (not Pinnacle), but the Signature Beverage Card was included (and that's the good part. ;)).

I agree, nothing new. We had the Explore4 as well last summer when in an inside cabin. But, what do we know... We've only experienced it ourselves. ;)

Could you perhaps find out if Caribbean cruises November-March 2016/17 have that promo as well? We're currently booked on a transatlantic on the Koningsdam with Explore 4 ( which opened earlier in Europe) but the following cruises in the Caribbean are not covered (yet?). It would be interesting to know.

Thank you for your help.

Fall 2016 Caribbeans for the Koningsdam are included but for the other ships I am only seeing Spring 2016 on the list. Also Koningsdam Spring 2017 is showing as well. The Koningsdam Trans Atlantic both 28 day and 16 day is listed.

That's nothing new.

I agree, nothing new. We had the Explore4 as well last summer when in an inside cabin. But, what do we know... We've only experienced it ourselves. ;)

Sorry to disagree but HAL has NEVER EVER had Inside cabins included for the Explore4, they have had some promotions that over lapped during Explore4 that gave some ship board credit and dinner at Canaletto but what is happening this time is the Inside cabin will get the same as an Ocean View and Balcony. The Inside cabin will definitely be getting the Beverage Package this time so this is BIG News.

The main reason is their competition is actually NCL NOT Celebrity in this case . NCL recently added Interior cabins to pick one of the amenities and of course one of them is a Beverage Package

Sorry to disagree but HAL has NEVER EVER had Inside cabins included for the Explore4, they have had some promotions that over lapped during Explore4 that gave some ship board credit and dinner at Canaletto but what is happening this time is the Inside cabin will get the same as an Ocean View and Balcony. The Inside cabin will definitely be getting the Beverage Package this time so this is BIG News.

I'm sure you know what you're talking about. I was only using the promotion. :rolleyes:

I am in Australia and hoping this promotion is listed here' date=' we booked the 24 day Mediterranean cruise departing Venice May 6, 2016 earlier this year, is it listed for Explore4 please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

Unfortunately the list I have does not have Australian residents. Their Explore4 may be totally different in Australia than what will is being offered in the US and Canada.

The main reason is their competition is actually NCL NOT Celebrity in this case . NCL recently added Interior cabins to pick one of the amenities and of course one of them is a Beverage Package

Like I said - what do we know? We only actually took a cruise last summer with the Explore4 package. We had the beverage cards waiting for us in our INSIDE cabin. We met nightly for pre-dinner drinks with a group of friends. There were 3 different INSIDE cabins represented in the group. We all had the Explore4 package - including beverage cards. All of us used different TAs. Maybe we all have better TAs?