Maasdam July 4-11, 2015

Lauranne

I will write a more complete review at a later date but here are some thoughts.

I have only heard one complainer this week on the Maasdam. She was in the next cabin and talked of how noisy it was. We have found it very quiet as we are under the carpeted part of the Lido. She is also, so not sure what she is hearing. Everyone else, and I have talked to many are having a wonderful time, love the condition of the ship, are pleased with the service and are enjoying the food. It's a wonderful ship with a wonderful and very handsome captain [emoji15] LOL. I have only seen smiling faces of the crew. I am called by name by a number of the crew members. Don't know how they do it. It is often followed by Sauvignon Blanc, so perhaps that is how. [emoji56] We have discovered Trivia and are having so much fun. We have teamed up with long time cruisers who love having my daughter, an 18 year old on their team. We have enjoyed the thermal suite but I'm not sure we got the value out of it. No worries. The ports were interesting and with perfect weather. The second formal night featured appetizers of jumbo shrimp and foie gras. Mains included, wait for it, Surf and Turf. Not steak and shrimp as many have reported but steak and lobster. We are off to the Pinnacle Grill tonight for our final dinner. My daughter and I will never forget this wonderful cruise and the special people, both crew and passengers, that we have met.

Laurie

Glad you've had a great cruise despite the bumpy start.

Thanks everyone. The bumpy start really didn't bother us. We had all services, a view of Boston Harbour, good food, great crew and an open bar for an hour on the second evening. How bad can that be? [emoji6]

Our May cruise on the Maasdam was most entirely on Code Red. That said, it was a wonderful cruise with an amazing crew. Would not hesitate one minute to sail her again! I'm glad you & your daughter had a special memory making vacation. Plus an exciting start to begin with :-)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

We're going on August 8th. Can't wait for detailed review and pics.

Pressure is on I will do my best.

Sitting on my veranda, looking out at Montreal, sipping coffee, waiting for room service breakfast. Sad to be leaving this wonderful ship but looking forward to three days in Montreal.

Laurie

While in Downtown Montreal, here's a suggestion.

Visit 2 museums on the campus of McGill University.

The Maude Abbott Medical Museum includes the War, Bones and Books Exhibit relating to the American Civil War of all things.

The exhibit includes a number of poems related to Walt Whitman who had been a patient of Sir William Osler, a McGill meds graduate, who eventually became a professor of Medicine at Johns Hopkins Medical School

And there is also the venerable Redpath Museum of Natural History. Both are worth a peek.

Great to hear you have enjoyed the ship.

By now, you will be off sadly but looking forward to more when time permits.

Thanks so much for sharing and enjoy Montreal.