Diamond plus - Concierge Lounge

I still don't understand how you can say that D+ were "kicked" out of the CL. The only thing that has changed is the name of the lounge and the elimination of breakfast and lunch for D+ members.

Diamond Plus Members are still going to be able to use the same exact lounge in the same exact location they have always used on Oasis and Allure and they are also getting to use the second level which was only used for The Chef's Table before the change.

Diamond Members are being added and are really getting a better lounge than they had before which was on Deck 6 with no real views.

I know they weren't "kicked out"its just the way I worded the fact they are not invited into the new lounge and especially CK.Im not happy about it either soon I will be there and yes D did get an upgrade and are able to enjoy the better view.

I know they weren't "kicked out"its just the way I worded the fact they are not invited into the new lounge and especially CK.Im not happy about it either soon I will be there and yes D did get an upgrade and are able to enjoy the better view.

Oh good, at least we're on the same page now!!;)

Just remember that D/D+ will be able to use the new Suite Lounge and CK if they book a GS or above. :D

Edited by cruisenfever

Just remember that D/D+ will be able to use the new Suite Lounge and CK if they book a GS or above. :D

Yes can't wait we'll be in a GS on the allure April next year.

...Diamond Plus Members are still going to be able to use the same exact lounge in the same exact location they have always used on Oasis and Allure...
I totally agree with you for now. I still stand by my prediction (msg 51) that the old CL / now DL on Decks 11 & 12 will be gone shortly, and the DL will be moved to a "closet" on Deck 4 (currently the Comedy Club). This is purely my speculation based on the configuration shown on Harmony deck plans - I didn't even hear it from the guy cleaning the stair banisters:rolleyes:

Thom

I don’t understand why the name of the lounge bothers so many, RCCL (at least at this point) provides a lounge on most all ships for all D and D+ passengers. They also provide 3 drinks each evening. We like using the vouches and three is more than enough. In fact, the last cruise we treated some new friends to drinks.

I hope that I maintain some sort of lounge privilege as I like the complementary coffee machine and continental breakfast. And… no crowds at 8 AM.

If the lounge location is the factor - and if the D lounge is in some undesirable location, then simply use the vouchers anywhere they are offered.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

• 6 months later...

I was just on the Allure of the Seas this past week and the Diamond Lounge was horrific. It was such a disappointment from my last cruise on the Allure when it was the Concierge Lounge. There was never a seat available between 5 - 8:30 in the evening. They no longer serve the full breakfast or the lunch that use to be available. And the real disappointment was that on formal night the hor d'oeuvres consisted of BBQ franks and Rice Krispie treats. Granted they had three versions of the Rice Krispie treats to choose from such as the multi-colored ones made with Fruity Pepples, the old fashioned RK treats and the RK treat covered with chocolate icing! I don't understand what is happening to this cruise line. My daugher was in the suite and had access to the new Concierge lounge where they were served bacon wrapped scallops on formal night. And as far as the drink coupons - that is a joke. If you order a dirty martini, Manhattan, or any drink that is a combination of different alcohols, you have to use two of the three vouchers. If you get the drink in the Diamond Lounge there is no limit however there are also no seats available. Our Concierge was nice enough to let us take the drinks out of the lounge.

Another disappointment was that they actually charge $2.90 for a small bag of popcorn. With all the cookies and hot dogs that are including in the price, why not a bag of popcorn? Princess doesn't charge for popcorn during their Movies under the Star so I don't understand with all the cuts RCCL has made why they can't afford to give the kids the popcorn.

Sorry I had to vent! I just got home today and couldn't have been more disappointed in what has happened to the cruise line I use to love so much.

I was just on the Allure of the Seas this past week and the Diamond Lounge was horrific. It was such a disappointment from my last cruise on the Allure when it was the Concierge Lounge. There was never a seat available between 5 - 8:30 in the evening. They no longer serve the full breakfast or the lunch that use to be available. And the real disappointment was that on formal night the hor d'oeuvres consisted of BBQ franks and Rice Krispie treats. Granted they had three versions of the Rice Krispie treats to choose from such as the multi-colored ones made with Fruity Pepples, the old fashioned RK treats and the RK treat covered with chocolate icing! I don't understand what is happening to this cruise line. My daugher was in the suite and had access to the new Concierge lounge where they were served bacon wrapped scallops on formal night. And as far as the drink coupons - that is a joke. If you order a dirty martini, Manhattan, or any drink that is a combination of different alcohols, you have to use two of the three vouchers. If you get the drink in the Diamond Lounge there is no limit however there are also no seats available. Our Concierge was nice enough to let us take the drinks out of the lounge.

Another disappointment was that they actually charge $2.90 for a small bag of popcorn. With all the cookies and hot dogs that are including in the price, why not a bag of popcorn? Princess doesn't charge for popcorn during their Movies under the Star so I don't understand with all the cuts RCCL has made why they can't afford to give the kids the popcorn.

Sorry I had to vent! I just got home today and couldn't have been more disappointed in what has happened to the cruise gline I use to love so much.

Agree just off Liberty & it may be our last

• 1 month later...

Sorry I had to vent! I just got home today and couldn't have been more disappointed in what has happened to the cruise line I use to love so much.

You touch on the problem I have with the new big ships. You have to share space with another 5,000+ passengers wherever you go, lounge or not. I have been on Oasis/Allure one time each and that is enough for me. I am sticking to the smaller Mariner and Independence classes from now on.

Rick

Edited by fhowell2

And the real disappointment was that on formal night the hor d'oeuvres consisted of BBQ franks and Rice Krispie treats. Granted they had three versions of the Rice Krispie treats to choose from such as the multi-colored ones made with Fruity Pepples, the old fashioned RK treats and the RK treat covered with chocolate icing! And as far as the drink coupons - that is a joke. If you order a dirty martini, Manhattan, or any drink that is a combination of different alcohols, you have to use two of the three vouchers. If you get the drink in the Diamond Lounge there is no limit however there are also no seats available. Our Concierge was nice enough to let us take the drinks out of the lounge.

This might be true for the Allure, but I don't think this is happening fleetwide.

I was on the Liberty last December, and all I drink are Manhattans. I never had to use more than one coupon, because you are supposed to be able to get the same drinks that you would in the Diamond/Concierge Lounge. So, I would suggest to anyone who experiences this, that you push back on the bartender, and maybe clarify with the Concierge.

As far as the appetizers served during happy hour, they were the usual slection. I've never seen those mentioned above.

Also, it has been common practice ever since the introduction of the drink coupons in early 2014 that you can take your drinks out of the DL/CL. I have done this on the Allure, Adventure, Jewel, Radiance, Vision, and Liberty since the coupons started.

RCI only cares about how much you paid for THIS cruise. The way to get a great experience is to book in Grand Suite and above. Then the Suites Lounge is the place to be, as well as Coastal Kitchen. GOLD card, suites and pinnacles, are the tops now.

Many with diamond and diamond plus got there paying for cheap inside cabins to gain points for nights on board. Hence the overcrowding.

The best perks are for PRESENT high dollar paying passengers....

RCI only cares about how much you paid for THIS cruise. The way to get a great experience is to book in Grand Suite and above. Then the Suites Lounge is the place to be, as well as Coastal Kitchen. GOLD card, suites and pinnacles, are the tops now.

Many with diamond and diamond plus got there paying for cheap inside cabins to gain points for nights on board. Hence the overcrowding.

Don't agree with your saying "Many with diamond and diamond plus got there paying for cheap inside cabins to gain points for nights on board." Many got there by getting same points for a 3, 4, 5 night cruise as someone who cruised 7, 10 and 14 nights with the old point system years ago which was unfair.

I'm certainly not one of those...21+ cruises with RCI and have never booked myself into any category less than a balcony and most of them have been in JS's my "preferred" cabin type above all others.

I just don't see why this is a big deal. The lounges basically offer the same services.

I was just on the Navigator, and they invited us to a talk about suite benefits. I assumed it would be about the new program, but, it appeared they just invited everyone who was in a JS to a sales pitch for booking your next cruise in a GS or higher. Not terribly useful.

Anyway, there was one woman there who was outraged because of the changes. She left early, and during the Q & A at the end questions about the C & A program were directed to contact the loyalty ambassador.

I'm guessing RCI knows how some of the D+ feel, and are pushing forward regardless.

I seem to be missing something. We cruised last December, and yes, the DL was overcrowded on the Liberty. However, the Viking Crown was right outside and we took our drinks out there. As I said previously, this has been allowed for 2 years now.

We earned our D+ status by cruising with RCCL over 43 years, and we are still very happy with the perks. We found the free drinks loaded to our SeaPass cards to be very handy. Also, as I said before, we got the same drinks in the CL/DL or around the ship.

Overall, we are still satisfied.

When the current DL on deck 11 was the CL on Oasis. It was hard to find a seat during happy hour . the night that chefs table took place was worst as the upper level was not available as that is where chefs table takes place. On Anthem the Diamond lounge uses the upper level of the music hall as overflow however anyone can just walk in as there is no door from music hall to the forward elevators.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with you, and in todays dollars, a GS is less today than the first outside cabin we had in 1991!