Check your reservations and payments!

I just logged in to make a final payment on an upcoming cruise, and noticed that my expected balance was $600 higher than I expected. I looked up my most recent booking confirmation (in my email) to confirm that I was right, and realized that the reservation system had deleted my balcony discount as well as BOGOHO discount that we had booked with. After a brief discussion with an agent, who also had the wrong balance on her end until she looked up the same booking confirmation, and then about 20 minutes on hold, it was resolved and I was able to make the correct final payment....just a little bit of a headache.

The agent didn't have a great explanation...just that "something happened" when I logged in at some point, deleting the discounts and reverting me back to normal pricing. I'm just thankful that I knew exactly how much I owed and a red flag went up when I saw a higher amount.

Since we don't know exactly what caused it, I wanted to warn others in case it is a larger glitch.

I just logged in to make a final payment on an upcoming cruise, and noticed that my expected balance was $600 higher than I expected. I looked up my most recent booking confirmation (in my email) to confirm that I was right, and realized that the reservation system had deleted my balcony discount as well as BOGOHO discount that we had booked with. After a brief discussion with an agent, who also had the wrong balance on her end until she looked up the same booking confirmation, and then about 20 minutes on hold, it was resolved and I was able to make the correct final payment....just a little bit of a headache.

The agent didn't have a great explanation...just that "something happened" when I logged in at some point, deleting the discounts and reverting me back to normal pricing. I'm just thankful that I knew exactly how much I owed and a red flag went up when I saw a higher amount.

Since we don't know exactly what caused it, I wanted to warn others in case it is a larger glitch.

This problem has been happening with some reservations since last year, if not longer. Unfortunately, they haven't fixed whatever the issue is since it still happens every once in a while. Just understand, it might reprice itself again, so keep a good paper trail so you won't have to fight too long to get it fixed.:)

I book our cruises through our TA and have read others having problems when going into their Reservations. I also read where one shouldn't log into RCCL but go right to the Online Check In through the Prepare to Go Heading. With so many issues with their Web Site, I would not trust going online but would prefer to call and speak with an agent. Glad you got it resolved quickly.

realized that the reservation system had deleted my BOGOHO discount that we had booked with.

This happened to me as well. Paid a Nov 2015 cruise in full last week, then last night I noticed a balance. My BOGOHO was deleted. After 20-25 minutes on the phone, they corrected it and resent a new email confirming paid in full.

My cruises for next year are all fine though...

Apparently it happens most often if you have a reservation with any type of OBC, and you go online and touch anything - including purchasing excursions, gifts, drink packages, or anything else that adds a new charge to your invoice

This problem has been happening with some reservations since last year, if not longer. Unfortunately, they haven't fixed whatever the issue is since it still happens every once in a while. Just understand, it might reprice itself again, so keep a good paper trail so you won't have to fight too long to get it fixed.:)

Fortunately, now when you pay in full they send you an updated invoice via email that shows the paid in full status. :)

Reservations have to be checked and double checked, whether using a TA, onboard or online. The onboard agent gave me a room on Oasis that was not connecting on her deck map. But later I checked online and the cabin was connecting which I did not want. Called RC and they fixed it. Would not be a happy surprise otherwise.

I have used the same cruise TA for about 20 years. Since they are local, I deal directly use the owners.

I have NEVER had any problem with any cruise.

If you can find a reputable local TA, I highly recommend it.

Barb

I have used the same cruise TA for about 20 years. Since they are local, I deal directly use the owners.

I have NEVER had any problem with any cruise.

If you can find a reputable local TA, I highly recommend it.

Barb

Whether you use a local TA or book directly with the cruise line, you can still have issues with the Royal Caribbean computer system repricing your reservation on a whim.

Apparently it happens most often if you have a reservation with any type of OBC, and you go online and touch anything - including purchasing excursions, gifts, drink packages, or anything else that adds a new charge to your invoice

Orville99

Thanks for the heads up... I always call to make any payments, and never pay online. I do sometimes add excursions or book shows online though. I think I will start calling Crown and Anchor for any add ons or changes from now on.

I also suggest that everyone keep close tabs on the # of cruises as well as your total points. Royal's computers have not treated us kindly when it comes to adding points correctly after each sailing.. They have been subtracting points that don't even match the number of days we sail... Also keep any email documentation that list the total points as I have had to send back proof of our correct points in the past...

Weird things happen on the website, especially during weekend maintenance. I try to avoid even looking at my reservations on the weekend. Whatever odd things happen, they usually right themselves by Monday.

It's been happening since Oct 2013 when they changed the reservation system. I suspect they could fix it if they wanted, but they probably catch some people this way and make some more money.

Can you imagine how fast they would fix the system if everytime you looked at your booking, the price got cut in half?

I agree with those who recommend the paper trail and documentation. I don't think Royal has ever given me the correct number of points after a sailing. A quick call to C&A makes it right. I always keep the updated invoices after any change to a reservation...sometimes the OBC drops off too. One has to have eagle eyes!! Fortunately, the agents are very accommodating to make the corrections.....:D

I book our cruises through our TA and have read others having problems when going into their Reservations. I also read where one shouldn't log into RCCL but go right to the Online Check In through the Prepare to Go Heading. With so many issues with their Web Site, I would not trust going online but would prefer to call and speak with an agent. Glad you got it resolved quickly.
until I need to 30 days out...Have never once had an issue in 40 plus cruises, maybe I'm just lucky....:)

until I need to 30 days out...Have never once had an issue in 40 plus cruises, maybe I'm just lucky....:)

Same Here! I have read all the issues concerning the website and I have booked all my cruises, made all payments, any RCI excursions, Specialty Dining & Gift & Gear, etc. on the website since 2008 and have never had any glitch or problem in the new version or any previous versions. I will continue to knock on wood! :cool:

Edited by bigque