Why some ships have 8pm and others 830pm dinner

I've always been surprised at how popular the earlier 6pm dining time is. For me, that's like having dinner at 4:30 (because I live in mountain time zone which is two hours behind). I know we all adjust time wise while on vacation, but it's still early, especially for the first couple days of the trip.

From the midwest and didn't really consider this. Normally at work at 6am so at home dinner is early 5pm bed by 9 or 10 latest. Worst for us is to hit the west coast as the 2 hour difference means I am still up at midnight back home if an event ends at 10. East coast hours are not bad for us to adjust to.

You really do have to consider the circumstances of other persons perspective when looking at this stuff

On the various cruises we have taken....the early dinner (which we prefer) was never as early as 5:30pm.

Freedom has been on the 5:30 and 8pm schedule for over 3 years now. I have no idea why. 5:30 is too early and 8 is too late. Now that MTD doesnt require prepaid gratuities, I will never go back to traditional dining.

Freedom has been on the 5:30 and 8pm schedule for over 3 years now. I have no idea why. 5:30 is too early and 8 is too late. Now that MTD doesnt require prepaid gratuities, I will never go back to traditional dining.

I have also always wondered about that.

and the Majesty is 6:30 and 9:00!! Even when it comes to Port Canveral..

I would not be surprised if that gets changed to earlier times at PC.

Edited by clarea

and the Majesty is 6:30 and 9:00!! Even when it comes to Port Canveral..

Those times are unique for the Miami short cruise demographic RCCL caters too - which many guests from European and South America who typically dine later than North American guests. I expect Enchantment will adopt these times when she arrives to Miami and that Majesty will go 5:30/8:00 when she moves to Port Canaveral.

I personally like MTD and often eat at 7-730 which is ideal for me :D

I didn't know that, but I'm sailing in April 2016 freedom and since late dining was closed I opted for MTD wait listed for late dinning and I had to ore paid.

You can have them removed.

After checking in today for our Jul 26 departure on Rhapsody, late seating is now 9:00pm, instead of 8:30pm as listed since we booked.

We'll survive. We are a table of at least 6.