Question on beverages

micmse2003

I am sure some you know what kind of sodas are available on the Marina...Coke or Pesi...diet...caffeine free????

I have been looking for an hour and Google does not have the answer!!!! Due to restrictions on sugar and caffeine I would love to know my choices

Last cruise I saw coke, diet coke, diet ginger ale, ginger ale, tonic water in the fridge

If you like pepsi or other brands have your TA contact Oceania well in advance & request what you like

caution I have read here that there may be a surcharge for some brands true or not I do not know

I have read here that there may be a surcharge for some brands true or not I do not know

It's true, because of the regional nature of soft drink distribution, there may be a stocking charge if your requested beverage is a special order which would have to be flown out to meet the ship. If your request is available locally -local to where the ship that you are sailing on is being provisioned before your cruise, that is- then there is no charge.

If there is to be a charge, you'll be asked first if you prefer to pay it or to alter your selection.

Edited by StanandJim

We were just on the Riviera Lisbon-Rome and we pre-ordered Sprite Zero.

We were walking down the hall one night and saw the cabin attendant stocking someone's fridge WITH Caffeine Free DIET Coke. (Caffeine Free Coke LIGHT as it is called in Europe).

So it is available, but not sure everywhere.

Hope this helps.

We were just on the Riviera Lisbon-Rome and we pre-ordered Sprite Zero.

We were walking down the hall one night and saw the cabin attendant stocking someone's fridge WITH Caffeine Free DIET Coke. (Caffeine Free Coke LIGHT as it is called in Europe).

So it is available, but not sure everywhere.

Hope this helps.

It has to be pre-ordered - it's not a standard issue item.

Edited by Paulchili

Ok, I have confirmed this with my PCC before responding here. Since my husband is an executive with Pepsico, when I booked my upcoming cruise, I asked whether O was a Pepsi or Coke account. I was told that they were neither, but they do stock more Coke products than Pepsi products just because Coke seems to be more readily available in most of the ports of call. However, they try to fulfill all of their clients' wishes, so there was absolutely no problem with them fulfilling my request for diet Pepsi and caffeine-free diet Pepsi. Again, I did make my request at the time of booking, which is key if you want something other than Coke products. My PCC said that she gets just as many requests for Pepsi products as she does Coke or Dr. Pepper products. No surcharge on either products, as soft drinks are included in the cost of the cruise.

If you want a specific soft drink that may not be so popular in the ports of call you are visiting, then there may be an issue with O getting it for you.

Therefore, if you want something other than Coke products, you should make the request in advance of your cruise so that O can try to fulfill your request. Otherwise, if you wait until you get onboard you may be out of luck and you may have to settle for Coke!

I'm sure if you make your requests in advance, you will be told of any surcharge, if any.

Not saying it was standard, just saying we have seen it onboard.

It's rarely available in the bars, but they do keep a stock for the cabin minibar. I always request ahead as well via my travel agent. The brand is usually Canada Dry diet tonic, but in Europe it is sometimes Schweppes Slimline Tonic or Schweppes Light Tonic depending on where it's sourced from.

Edited by LaCroisiereS'amuse

Whilst we are on the question of drinks does anyone know if you are able to upgrade a house select package that i receive as a cruise promotion to prestige with my O.B.C ??

Edited by roger b

I prefer light colored diet caffeine free drinks and this is noted on my account preferences. I have had endless Sprite Zero in our refrigerator.

On our first O cruise I did not know to pre request. On our first night someone from Polo went to the stockroom and found some. The next day my refrigerator was restocked with my preference.

Our first cruise on O (2nd non-mainstream/luxe-light cruise) we asked our awesome attendant to stock the mini bar with diet tonic as we had brought aboard a couple bottles of our drink of choice, Hendrick's gin... We jokingly mentioned on the first meeting / what can I do for you encounter "Oh we'll need lots of diet tonic" He didn't play around and almost completely stocked the fridge with it - moving other items out of the room or to the side. I think he thought we spent all day in the room drinking G&T's which on sea days with a verandah, good book, and naps isn't entirely untrue. :)

The coolest thing - we always had a saran wrap covered glass with fresh lime wedges in it in the fridge. That guy (and I'm so wishing I remembered his name) got a HUGE (supplemental) tip from us. :)

Whilst we are on the question of drinks does anyone know if you are able to upgrade a house select package that i receive as a cruise promotion to prestige with my O.B.C ??

I see that you are also in the UK......I had two standard early booking rate Cruises for 2016, and my travel agent has re fared me onto the OLife promotion, and has also added the upgrade from the basic wine/beer with lunch/dinner only to the open bar Prestige Select package, which until now, have always paid for anyway. The upgrade per day is just under £14.....£178 added to our invoice per person for a 14 day cruise. It caused some confusion with the Southampton office, and they seemed to think that you could not upgrade the package once on board.

It's rarely available in the bars' date=' but they do keep a stock for the cabin minibar. I always request ahead as well via my travel agent. The brand is usually Canada Dry diet tonic, but in Europe it is sometimes Schweppes Slimline Tonic or Schweppes Light Tonic depending on where it's sourced from.[/quote']

Hi

Canada Dry is not Schweppes they are two different brands.

Schweppes Slimline does not have quinine in ordinary Schweppes does.

regards

Josie

Hi

Canada Dry is not Schweppes they are two different brands.

Schweppes Slimline does not have quinine in ordinary Schweppes does.

regards

Josie

That is not what I said at all....:confused:

Canada Dry Tonic is normally the brand stocked on board, but on European sailings they may have Schweppes equivalents.....

According to Coca-Cola the owner of the Schweppes brand Slimline still contains quinine.....

http://www.coca-cola.co.uk/drinks/schweppes-slimline/schweppes-slimline-indian-tonic-water/

Edited by LaCroisiereS'amuse