4 ppl with 4 bags too much?

amccon

Stressing out about how much room there will be in the cabin. There are 4 ppl traveling and we have 3 large and one small suitcase.

We are on the Noordam to Alaska.

Will there be enough storage?

It is 2 adults and 2 children.

We are in Oceanview #1069.

I am hoping we can put bags inside each other and under bed?

That will work.

If you have 1 extra bag that doesn't fit anywhere, your cabin steward can store it for you until the last full day of the cruise.

That will work.

If you have 1 extra bag that doesn't fit anywhere, your cabin steward can store it for you until the last full day of the cruise.

I have heard reports that some ships are no longer dong this.

I'd be more worried about the number of people in the cabin, not suitcases. ;)

We regularly take cruises in the 21 to 30+ day range. Often covering a wide range of temperatures. Rio to Valparaiso, Chile via Antarctica comes to mind. We've taken 3 large checked bags and 2 carry-on size. No problems storing them in any cabin, on any of our ships. Don't worry. Enjoy Alaska, it's a beautiful cruise.

I'd be more worried about the number of people in the cabin, not suitcases. ;)

We regularly take cruises in the 21 to 30+ day range. Often covering a wide range of temperatures. Rio to Valparaiso, Chile via Antarctica comes to mind. We've taken 3 large checked bags and 2 carry-on size. No problems storing them in any cabin, on any of our ships. Don't worry. Enjoy Alaska, it's a beautiful cruise.

Agree.

Next cruise is 33 nights, from Darwin (about 35C) to NZ maybe in the teens,

For 2 of us we will have 2 suitcases, 2 large carry ons and a suit carrier as well as a largish camera bag.

I agree with others, I would be much more worried about the 4 people than the 4 suitcases. On Grand cruises (72+ days) my DH and I have 4 suitcases - fit under the bed just fine, particularly if one will fit inside a larger one. We are usually in OV cabins - never suites.

Might want to think about duffle bags instead of suitcases since they collapse and can easily store under the beds - at least for the kids.

We needed "winter" clothes - parkas hats, gloves etc for our summer Alaska trip - easy to stuff in a duffle bags. Save maybe just one rigid sided suitcase for things you don't want crushed. Assume this is a 7 day trip, so just a couple changes each is all you need. (Really - BTW advice I never take myself!)

I found a suitcase brand called Tutto that has a collapsable grid that keeps the sides rigid when packed, but collapses with a push of the latch and then flattens very nicely to go under the bed once unpacked. Wouldn't recommend buying new suitcases, but maybe someone has some duffle bags to borrow.

We store our life jackets under the beds too instead of the closet and with four life jackets in your room, they take up space too. So under the bed can get a little crowded.

It is 2 adults and 2 children.

We are in Oceanview #1069.

I am hoping we can put bags inside each other and under bed?

Yes, you can stash quite a lot under the beds!

We have stowed too large roll-on pieces of luggage with smaller bags/carry-ons as well as two cases of champagne (not yourregular wine bottles vertical but bottles horizontal) under the bed, and we still had room to keep shoes and sandals there too.

We sailed HAL's 14 day Alaska itinerary twice with 4 people (2 adults and 2 older teenagers) in an inside cabin. We also had 4 suitcases.

Having sailed most of the mass market lines, I can unequivocally state that HAL's inside cabins are the best designed for that number of people and luggage. We always travel with rolling duffels that collapse so that we can store all 4 of them under 2 beds.

4 people with 4 bags is not excessive at all, in fact, quite frugal. Now 4 people with 4 bags each may be a bit excessive.

If the larger bags do not want to easily slide under the side rail, just lift the bed a bit as there is more room under there past the side rail.

If you are looking at purchasing more luggage, agree about the rolling duffle bags which you can pick up most anywhere. Have traveled with these for years and its amazing what fits in there. Also found that price was not a big factor as the more expensive ones lasted just as long as the less expensive ones bought at a big discount box store that has 'mart' in its name.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by take us away

Last cruise I got four big bags and two rolling carry-ons under the bed. The other two carry-ons fit in the closet. When we flew into Vence to catch our cruise I think the porter was looking for the rest of our party once we claimed our luggage. :D

We have had 4 in a cabin on every cruise. 1 week. 20 days. Makes no difference. Full formal wear including dress kilts for the 2 males. 3 29 inch hard suitcases and a large rolling duffle plus 2 carry-on sized bags. Inside room to verandah.

No issue with 4 in the cabin and never had an issue with storage.

Enjoy your cruise.

I wonder how many of the people spouting doom and gloom about 4 people in one cabin have actually sailed with 4 in a cabin :rolleyes:

We were on NA for 24 nights earlier this year, 2 adults and 2 teens (girl age 15 and boy age 14). We were in one of the larger insides for the first 12 nights, and although it was larger we asked for, and received, a paid upgrade to an outside for the second 12 nights. We preferred the lay out and the natural light in the outside. We fit 4 medium suitcases under the bed, and fit the 4 of us in the cabin easily! You will be fine too. I assume you are family, so are used to living together. You will sort out any bathroom issues, and if necessary there are public toliets just down the hall. If we could manage with a daughter who regularly takes at least 30 mins in the shower, you will too.

Have a fantastic cruise :D

Yes, you can stash quite a lot under the beds!

We have stowed too large roll-on pieces of luggage with smaller bags/carry-ons as well as two cases of champagne (not yourregular wine bottles vertical but bottles horizontal) under the bed, and we still had room to keep shoes and sandals there too.

OK....how did you get two cases of champagne ON the ship?

We routinely take two cases of wine or more on a cruise. It's pretty easy. We balance some on our rolling carry-on, and each carry 6 bottles in our Wine Totes of Awesomeness.

9VrEADa426k

Edited by POA1

That was under the old rules where you could bring as much wine as you wished onboard and you could just slap luggage tags on the cases and have it delivered to you room.

Those days are gone. :(

Edited by Boytjie