Paying for an upgrade to a Sky Suite - more CC points?

bertrande

We are thinking of paying for an upgrade to a Sky Suite from the Concierge Class on a cruise. I'm wondering if upgrades would entitle us to more Captain's Club points or will we still be getting the Concierge class points? Thanks!

We are thinking of paying for an upgrade to a Sky Suite from the Concierge Class on a cruise. I'm wondering if upgrades would entitle us to more Captain's Club points or will we still be getting the Concierge class points? Thanks!

If you are paying for it, absolutely you will get the points for a sky suite. enjoy.

If you pay for the upgrade to a sky suite you will get more points,12 in the suite per night vs. 5 in CC. Plus you will get to dine in Luminae.

I believe that sky suites get only 8 points per day; but if you sail SOLO, you earn 16 points per day.

Celebrity, Signature, and Royal suites get 12 points per day.

If you pay for the upgrade to a sky suite you will get more points,12 in the suite per night vs. 5 in CC. Plus you will get to dine in Luminae.

Booking a Sky Suite allows you to gather 8 points per night cruised. However, you do still get to dine in Luminae. You need to book higher grade suites to get higher levels of points/night cruised, which will also allow use of Michael's Club.

Ray in NH

Thanks everyone for the input! It was really the access to Luminae and complimentary specialty dining that made us interested. The points will be a nice bonus - I do not drink at all so Michael's Club access does not really make a difference (though DH might beg to differ lol).

I needed to read this too, thanks for asking and posting.

We did a 7 day paid upsell on Silhouette in December from Sky Suite to CS. But we only got 56 points. Who do I email or call to get this worked out?

Call Captain's Club customer service

8am-8pm daily EST

Edited by Nachosdelux

I think they treat upsell differently, not that I believe they should. We had booked a balcony gty and were called about an upsell to a suite. We were offered SS, RS and PH. We ended up taking the RS. The upsell price was not insignificant at more than double what we originally paid.

I had read here that someone was refused CC points on a upsell so I checked the points awarded when we returned. It was credited at the balcony rate. I called Captains Club and was first told that's what I booked, when I explained the upgrade scenario, they agreed I had paid a significant amount and adjusted to the RS credit.

I really think this is wrong. You should get credit for the class you actually sail. On-board you certainly get whatever amenities for the stateroom you said in.

My $.02

I needed to read this too, thanks for asking and posting.

We did a 7 day paid upsell on Silhouette in December from Sky Suite to CS. But we only got 56 points. Who do I email or call to get this worked out?

Do NOT email!! You will never receive a reply. Call the Captains Club as mentioned.

Interestingly, I had a similar issue on Princess. Didn't get the proper credit for a previous sailing. I just went to Guest Relations onboard and mentioned it to them, they took care of it with a smile on the spot. Now, I am not a fan of Princess ships, but that was a classy move. I had to fight with Celebrity for a YEAR to get the proper credit. What happened to 'the customer is always right'???

I think they treat upsell differently, not that I believe they should. We had booked a balcony gty and were called about an upsell to a suite. We were offered SS, RS and PH. We ended up taking the RS. The upsell price was not insignificant at more than double what we originally paid.

I had read here that someone was refused CC points on a upsell so I checked the points awarded when we returned. It was credited at the balcony rate. I called Captains Club and was first told that's what I booked, when I explained the upgrade scenario, they agreed I had paid a significant amount and adjusted to the RS credit.

I really think this is wrong. You should get credit for the class you actually sail. On-board you certainly get whatever amenities for the stateroom you said in.

My $.02

<My "QUOTE" button isn't working this morning; imagine that....>

I was booked in an S1 on Summit until a month prior to sailing this past April, when a CS came available. I upgraded to the CS, and got luggage tags sent to me in time for me to bring 'em with me to San Juan.

I got the 12 points per day for being in the CS; AND it was automatically doubled, since I was sailing solo.

Those 192 points were in my account less than a week after the cruise ended.

MY suggestion is that you call the Captains Club (800-760-0654) and speak with an agent there. Be sure to have your reservation number, and your cardkey close by, in case they ask for your folio number.

Thanks everyone for the input! It was really the access to Luminae and complimentary specialty dining that made us interested. The points will be a nice bonus - I do not drink at all so Michael's Club access does not really make a difference (though DH might beg to differ lol).

A good choice. I love the room in the Sky Suites as compared to the balcony and Aqua class cabins. You also have a butler available. He/she can set up your breakfast or whatever you order in your suite. In addition, he/she will bring you daily snacks and coffee or tea each afternoon.

The bathroom is much larger in the suite as compared to the regular cabins. It also has a bathtub/shower combo.

Enjoy your cruise

It looks like it may not happen on our cruise. We booked with the 123GO offer so for USD7000 for 3 in a concierge class, we had the OBC, gratuities for 2 and classic beverages package for 2, together with my TA's additional OBC. If we upgrade to a SS, with just 1 perk under the new BBB package, it's USD3300 more over 14 nights; with all 4 perks, it's USD4500 more. :( It's a significant USD78 more per pax per night for the GoBig package and USD107 more per pax per night if we upgrade. Have to think whether to do it this trip or enjoy on another booking!!

We upgraded on a recent eclipse cruise in june 15,not been awarded the extra points despite an email (not answered 3 weeks) and two phone calls !! "waiting for Miami".I paid for the upgrade at the price they asked !! I should get the points !!.

The celebrity website is a joke and it looks to me that celebrity for the sake of cc points are a penny pinching outfit !! if I could get my deposit back (as in the usa) I would cancel the two cruises booked for 2016.

Celebtity I hope you read this you a shower of .......

just check carefully when you get back that you have been credited with the proper number of points. We once paid for an upgrade on board and you wouldn't believe what i had to go through to get the extra captains club points!!!

i would !!!

I paid for my upgrade (S1 to CS) and, when I printed out my edocs, Page 7 (I think) said that I had the PREMIUM beverage package as part of my perks....

I called my TA and asked whether she had arranged for this upgrade; she said NO. I figured it was a misprint; and once onboasrd Summit I tried to upgrade. When the bartender told me that I already had the premium package, I graciously accepted it as a gift from Celebrity.

Sometimes they will reward passengers and not tell them. My advice: check your documents to see if someone rewarded you....

Edited by Olive1950

Thanks for the correction. ;)

Where would I find a list of my cruises and points earned? I have been all over My Celebrity and The Captain's Club. :(

Once you have logged into "My Celebrity", click on Captains Club, and then on the drop down menu is "Sailing History". All your previous cruises and points should be listed there. Hope this helps.

Edited by Guernseycruiser