Rude Passengers

sarasfw

I especially feel for the room stewards. They work early morning to late night. The steward we had on Fasination was always there to open the door for us and he always addresses us by name. Top class service.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Hi All

I know I have told you this story before, but its still a good one,

At diner, one of our table mates, chatted away as one does,

when diner arrived chat was about what were you having was it nice etc

then with out warning he helped himself to an item of food of your plate,

not just mine but anyone with in his reach, he continued chatting saying

that was nice might order that another night, he did not think he had done

anything wrong, from that night onwards plates were guarded.

yours Shogun

Incredible, he wasn't dutch was he, sounds very much like something my mother would do.:eek:

Ive found if a poor crew member has had the unfortunate experience with unintelligent obnoxious bricks, I go to them and sympathise with them to reassure that we feel for them and boost their self esteem back up, makes me feel as though at least I have contibuted positively to them 👍👍

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Welcome to CC, Glad you know how to act for others rudeness. The satff make mistakes from time to time but they work hard and do not deserve to be humitiliated in public like some do.:D

Hi All

I know I have told you this story before, but its still a good one,

At diner, one of our table mates, chatted away as one does,

when diner arrived chat was about what were you having was it nice etc

then with out warning he helped himself to an item of food of your plate,

not just mine but anyone with in his reach, he continued chatting saying

that was nice might order that another night, he did not think he had done

anything wrong, from that night onwards plates were guarded.

yours Shogun

That is absolutely gross behavior. i do believe if that were my plate, the perp would draw back a bloody hand where I stabbed him with my fork.

Ive found if a poor crew member has had the unfortunate experience with unintelligent obnoxious bricks, I go to them and sympathise with them to reassure that we feel for them and boost their self esteem back up, makes me feel as though at least I have contibuted positively to them 👍👍

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Good for you. The crew works hard to take care of the pax and deserve a work of praise. We always make it a point to turn in a card with our cabin steward's name and high praise for them. We always have ATD now days so we get a different MDR staff each night or we would turn one in for them as well. They all work so hard to serve us.

That is absolutely gross behavior. i do believe if that were my plate, the perp would draw back a bloody hand where I stabbed him with my fork.

When I was a kid my friend did that to one of his friends. He never did it again.

Tony

When I was a kid my friend did that to one of his friends. He never did it again.

Tony

I had a stranger try and grab a chip form me once (without asking), he copped an elbow in the ribs out of a reflex reaction. I apoligised as I wasn't sure what had happened but I hope he learnt his lesson.:D

Hi All

We had another table mate who spilt her coffee so that her saucer was full, she picked up her cup and then dumped the contents of the saucer on the table to the horror of the waiter who tried his best to soak things up with napkins .

Yours Shogun

Hi All

We had another table mate who spilt her coffee so that her saucer was full, she picked up her cup and then dumped the contents of the saucer on the table to the horror of the waiter who tried his best to soak things up with napkins .

Yours Shogun

I wonder if, rather than bad manners, perhaps the onset of Alzheimers, or dementia is at work in situations like this.

Edited by stoneharborlady

Hi stoneharborlady

Sorry to say more of a case of l do not give @@@@ what people think l have paid a lot for my cruise so can do what l like , this particular person caused the waiters distress every night,

Yours Shogun

Hi stoneharborlady

Sorry to say more of a case of l do not give @@@@ what people think l have paid a lot for my cruise so can do what l like , this particular person caused the waiters distress every night,

Yours Shogun

They deserve to be counselled and/ or banned from future cruises.:(

Manners do not cost anything.

Edited by MicCanberra

Allow me to add to this discussion, by quoting the final paragraph from my RCCL cruise ship review of Grandeur of the Seas in the Fall of 2014. I just hope that those that need this advice will read it.

However ...........

icon9.gifIn our 16 years of cruising, I’ve noticed that the percentage of our fellow passengers behaving in a somewhat rude, arrogant, “me first” manner has increased substantially. The majority of passengers we have met are wonderful people who it has been our privilege to know, and interact with. However, many more now seem to be from the “ME” generation who were never taught, or do not care to act courteously, with any consideration for others. We’re a small community on a big ocean folks, so let’s be kind to each other.

Edited by Grimsby

...In our 16 years of cruising, I’ve noticed that the percentage of our fellow passengers behaving in a somewhat rude, arrogant, “me first” manner has increased substantially. The majority of passengers we have met are wonderful people who it has been our privilege to know, and interact with. However, many more now seem to be from the “ME” generation who were never taught, or do not care to act courteously, with any consideration for others. We’re a small community on a big ocean folks, so let’s be kind to each other.

Well said. I agree with your observations, and truly believe that the prevalence of electronic devices is at least partly responsible. Many people are interacting primarily electronically, and losing (or never learning) social skills in the process.

Well said. I agree with your observations, and truly believe that the prevalence of electronic devices is at least partly responsible. Many people are interacting primarily electronically, and losing (or never learning) social skills in the process.

True.

1. me me me is becoming the worlds mantra

2. Just look at the rudeness on some threads here on CC I doubt they would be as rude face to face and because electronic interaction is becoming the norm, it is creeping into other interactions.

Rudeness breeds more rudeness, If we can restrain ourselves form being rude just because others are then it will remain a very small minority of people being rude. However, if we react rudely to rudeness that will encourage similar behaviour and it will compound the situation.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

This has happened to me several times on different ships. I have very curly hair and I get some remarks about it all the time. This is OK. But what gets me is when people start to touch it. I get "your hair is so curly" and then they grab it with their hand. I don't know why they need to "feel" my hair. It all happens so fast every time that I don't know how to react. But I don't want strangers touching my hair!

Edited by geocruiser

I suspect that it is going to get even worse. A friend of my wife's just got a job (she's a teacher) working for a company/group/organization/something called kto8 or kto12, I don't remember, which that evidently is having on-line schools for everything from kindergarten on up. My question is how in the world are those children going to learn how to interact with other children in a socially diverse group? On-line education has it's place but what about social skillls with others in a non-play environment?

Gonna be an interesting world here in a decade or two, at least in the "advanced" part of the world! (Of course, as I type this I'm wondering to myself how many times this exact same thing has been said by people throughout the past 200 years about "these new modern things" and how they're going to ruin the world! :eek:

Tom