Rude Passengers

sarasfw

Funny story:

We honeymooned on the Royal in January 2014, when I saw an argument at the Trident Grill. Apparently, a younger passenger (early 20's) thought another guy was cutting in line to get a hamburger (he wasn't -- he had ordered earlier and came back to pick it up). The older guy tried to explain himself, and the younger, more impatient one cut him off with this line:

"I know your color!"

(Note: no racial innuendo involved.)

The line cracked me up so much that I went back and told my wife about it. We were both so tickled by the phrase that we still use it when we're teasing each other.

Edited by msg74

Funny story:

We honeymooned on the Royal in January 2014, when I saw an argument at the Trident Grill. Apparently, a younger passenger (early 20's) thought another guy was cutting in line to get a hamburger (he wasn't -- he had ordered earlier and came back to pick it up). The older guy tried to explain himself, and the younger, more impatient one cut him off with this line:

"I know your color!"

(Note: no racial innuendo involved.)

The line cracked me up so much that I went back and told my wife about it. We were both so tickled by the phrase that we still use it when we're teasing each other.

I don't get it. Please explain.

Yes, the emoticon may give a hint as tothe intention of the text.:D

I don't trust emoticons. Those can come across to me as two charm school graduates, smiling and winking at each other--and not-so-subtly tearing each other's heads off.

It's like, "Aw, that dress looks so good on you. I saw a girl last Friday night walking the streets wearing the exact same thing. Smile."

:D

Edited by tetleytea

I took it as a shorthand way to say, "Despite what you're saying, I know what you were trying to do, so don't bother trying to justify it."

It was just a silly, inane phrase. Don't overthink it. Or think about it at all, really.

Now back to your regularly scheduled righteous indignation... :D

You eat your peas with honey?

From a long time ago-

"I eat my peas with honey,

I've done it all my life.

It makes the peas taste funny,

but it keeps them on the knife."

Now, if I only knew where I put my cell phone, keys, and anything else that I need daily. :eek:

funny story:

We honeymooned on the royal in january 2014, when i saw an argument at the trident grill. Apparently, a younger passenger (early 20's) thought another guy was cutting in line to get a hamburger (he wasn't -- he had ordered earlier and came back to pick it up). The older guy tried to explain himself, and the younger, more impatient one cut him off with this line:

"i know your color!"

(note: No racial innuendo involved.)

the line cracked me up so much that i went back and told my wife about it. We were both so tickled by the phrase that we still use it when we're teasing each other.

lol.:d

I don't trust emoticons. Those can come across to me as two charm school graduates, smiling and winking at each other--and not-so-subtly tearing each other's heads off.

It's like, "Aw, that dress looks so good on you. I saw a girl last Friday night walking the streets wearing the exact same thing. Smile."

yes, there is that as well but the 'sarcasm' emoticon was still an indicator for me.;)

I took it as a shorthand way to say, "Despite what you're saying, I know what you were trying to do, so don't bother trying to justify it."

It was just a silly, inane phrase. Don't overthink it. Or think about it at all, really.

Haha, I thought it meant that the younger guy was like...a platinum card or elite holder and the older guy was a blue card and it was his subtle way of saying he had cruised longer or something. :rolleyes:

So, what color?

You're trying to make sense out of a 20-year old's saying? Don't you remember when you were that age? Did anybody older than us ever understand the rationale behind our sayings? :rolleyes: Heck, WE didn't even understand it half the time!

Have a good day!

Tom

Looks like this thread is winding down, but I want to share my story first!

A couple years ago I was wondering around the ship in the evening (it was not an NCL ship) and came across a situation out side the photo area. A security guard was confronting a group of teenagers, and I quickly picked up that one of the teenagers was caught trying to take a printed photo he had not paid for. The kid (guessing he was 15-17 range) was arguing that he had forgot he had it, or that a friend had put it in his stuff - some sort of BS story.

Regardless, what got me what how he was treating the security guard. Instead of being apologetic and respectful, he was yelling at the guard, using steady profanity and insults. I was shocked to my core with the behavior and could only imagine what type of upbringing would cause a kid of this age to act like this.

Then to top it all off, the security guard eventually let the kid off with a warning. I can understand that cruise lines might turn a blind eye to some behavior in certain circumstances, but in my opinion, this kid deserved the proverbial book to be thrown at him!

You were on a cruise with Justin Bieber?

From a long time ago-

Now, if I only knew where I put my cell phone, keys, and anything else that I need daily. :eek:

Well done!

Ogden Nash by the way. :D

From a long time ago-

Contrary to what some say I do not eat me peas off a knife.... I use me fingers.

We do the regular dinner....I wouldn't trade the experience of meeting some new, great people because of the occasional rude one!

It's not just rudeness, it's also table manners that were learned in a barn. But that's a different subject. I'll meet people in the bar, and if they aren't great, I can get up and leave (taking my drink with me, of course)