No Pop from Ports

This is my problem. I truly can't drink a whole soda, and don't like it going to waste. I also don't like altering my freedoms just to protect a cruises bottom line.

First- there are many products like this

http://www.amazon.com/Soda-Pump-Carbonation-Keeper-Saver/dp/B001Q8OC7M available to help you solve your problem

Second- Seriously? That's a joke right? There is no "freedom to carry soda on a cruise". It was a privilege Carnival extended to its guests. They have revoked said privilege, whether because people abused it, because they wanted to raise their bottom line, or both. But this is not a freedom you enjoy as a basic human right, an American citizen, or whatever. (Well perhaps some countries have this written into their constitution, but Carnival probably doesn't operate out of those countries.)

Last week on the Breeze, there was a couple in front of us, who had purchased cans of soda in San Juan, they were told to drink them all there or they would be thrown away.

Also we had an unopened bottle of water, we purchased from Carnival, that we did not drink while in port, they made us throw it away before boarding.

They were very strict about things getting back on the ship, more so than in the past.

I got all excited that the cost of soda when down from the fun shops.

It didn't - just checked and it's still $10 for 6 cans. I'll still buy it, just wish that it was $6-$8 instead of $10.

For us, we bring on sodas that we can't buy onboard (namely diet, non-cola options as they only sell Sprite Zero in that category). We'll just bring on what we can at embarkation, and order whatever else from the fun shop.

For pre-order it did. I can copy the order confirmation if needed. 8$ for a 6 pack of diet coke.

I'm guessing bottles of hot sauce and vanilla are still okay, since those are two things that Carnival doesn't sell to their passengers and make an obscene profit on.

Edited by RiotAct

I'm pretty sure that our Founding Fathers were able to bring pop on their boats. They would be appalled at Carnival's act to take away our rights as Americans.

w225cl.gif

This just makes me think of all the pictures you see with 'Murica on them.

You can always ask for a new can of soda

Yah it's Pop In A Bottle, you just have to just let him out...

(Yah I did go there, brought back childhood memories of pranking people on with a rotary phone).

Now I have to go catch my refrigerator, it is running...

Pretty Funny, all those holier than thou postings about smugglers, saying "deal with it...it`s the rules"

Now you guys are facing an uncaring overly greedy Carnival

It's because of the smugglers that Carnival has gone draconian. If everybody was good, kind and caring we'd have no need for laws, rules or 10 commandments.

Pretty Funny, all those holier than thou postings about smugglers, saying "deal with it...it`s the rules"

OR it could be that some people tend to look at the bigger picture and realize that there are still other options. Maybe you don't like the options, but there ARE still options.

Example.... I am a Pepsi fan. When I go to a restaurant that sells Coke products, I have the option to get a Coke, or drink something else completely. Sometimes I go with Sprite... most of the time I will sacrifice and get a Beer instead :p haha.... See, options.

Talk the talk but do you walk the walk? if you believe Carnival is such an uncaring overly greedy cruise line with unreasonable rules, then don't cruise with them. There, problem solved.

Also we had an unopened bottle of water, we purchased from Carnival, that we did not drink while in port, they made us throw it away before boarding.

They were very strict about things getting back on the ship, more so than in the past.

Wait, if we bring our (free for past guests) Carnival water bottles off the ship in port and don't finish them, we have to throw them away? :rolleyes: How are they handling refillable water bottles?

My husband who hates ice in his soda just started purchasing one cold can of Coke at the port to enjoy after getting back on board and will be disappointed, but I need to know exactly how draconian they are being. Throwing away a Carnival water bottle is not the same as no outside food and drink policies. And yes, I blame the smugglers as much as Carnival.

The part about embarkation only has been the policy for years yet you were able to restock on sodas, water, chips. It was a matter if they felt like enforcing. Also about discarding items or holding them for you when trying to bring from the outside. Proceed with caution even if you ask one of xray techs scanning bags you might get a different person on the way back.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yes I know it has been that way for quite some time, but I was telling the other poster that he missed the part that it is in the Carnival faqs and they are enforcing it now.

I have the same question, headed to Mexico. Advised of things to shop for are hot sauces and vanilla, which I assume are in bottles? Do I cross this off my list?

I use Apple Cider Vinegar every day for Rosacea. I contacted the Special Needs Department and told them it only comes in bottles. I can get a 16 ounce bottle but it is a bottle.

I received an email back stating that I would need to pack the bottle in my checked luggage or else it would be confiscated. I was told it would be okay to do that.

I really don't want to put it in my checked luggage.

I will be taking a doctors note with me and hope they let me take it on.

And for those of you saying I can do without, I don't think so. It is a 21 day cruise and it would be a nightmare.

Therefore, my point being, is that why would they let Vanilla and Hot Sauce back on the ship when I was told no to the ACV? Special needs said they are not letting any bottles on the ship in carryons.

Does this go for shampoo also because I have seen a lot of "fake" bottle that are made to especially carry booze.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I use Apple Cider Vinegar every day for Rosacea. I contacted the Special Needs Department and told them it only comes in bottles. I can get a 16 ounce bottle but it is a bottle.

I received an email back stating that I would need to pack the bottle in my checked luggage or else it would be confiscated. I was told it would be okay to do that.

I really don't want to put it in my checked luggage.

I will be taking a doctors note with me and hope they let me take it on.

And for those of you saying I can do without, I don't think so. It is a 21 day cruise and it would be a nightmare.

Therefore, my point being, is that why would they let Vanilla and Hot Sauce back on the ship when I was told no to the ACV? Special needs said they are not letting any bottles on the ship in carryons.

Does this go for shampoo also because I have seen a lot of "fake" bottle that are made to especially carry booze.

From what I got from my Carnival cruise rep Lisa is that she says that no bottles are aloud on board that you carry on. Shampoo and other hair stuff is aloud to be brought along but in your checked bags at the port. She says they are going through checked bags at the port and taking out anything liquid that looks like its illegal that is found inside.

Edited by cutiepiefred

From what I got from my Carnival cruise rep Lisa is that she says that no bottles are aloud on board that you carry on. Shampoo and other hair stuff is aloud to be brought along but in your checked bags at the port. She says they are going through checked bags at the port and taking out anything liquid that looks like its illegal that is found inside.

Wait a minute!!! Toiletries are no longer carried on?:eek:

You can now pre-order a 6 pack of soda for $8.

$8.00 is EXACTALLY why we want to restock in port. WAY too expensive! :(.

You've got to be joking. $8 for 6 cans is way too expensive? Yes, it would be somewhat expensive for a supermarket, but it sounds downright cheap on a cruise.

Do you go to a restaurant and expect to be able to bring the steak with you because it's much cheaper per pound from the supermarket? Do you go to a sporting event and expect to be able to bring your six pack because it's cheaper to buy it at the store than the stadium? Of course you don't.

So why would you expect soda to be the same price as in a supermarket, and/or expect them to let you bring your soda on with you instead of pay for theirs?

I complain about $10 beers at sporting events like everyone else does, but $8 for 6 cans of soda is far from an exorbitant price.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

CCL is the only cruiseline I've ever used. I have already paid in full to go on the Breeze in January but will start looking at other cruiselines. It was nice to see some of the cutbacks restored but this is getting extreme. They should have tightened up on people sneaking alcohol instead of going to this. This is totally overkill. Their profits are going to skyrocket while hurting us honest cruisers.

:eek::eek:Seriously? Wow...just wow. I can't wait to see how many peoples clothes gets ruined from leaking bottles.

And IMHO there is no way they can open every bag and check the liquids.