No Pop from Ports

From what I got from my Carnival cruise rep Lisa is that she says that no bottles are aloud on board that you carry on. Shampoo and other hair stuff is aloud to be brought along but in your checked bags at the port. She says they are going through checked bags at the port and taking out anything liquid that looks like its illegal that is found inside.

According to Mary a Carnival rep on Funville Forums, she states you can take personal items in your carryon, such as shampoo, etc.

Here is the link:

http://www.carnival.com/funville/for...px?PageIndex=3

I'm afraid to ask but I have to. We usually buy the little bottles of alcohol in ports (the kind you would get on a plane) to give to people as gifts when we get home. Will they make us throw them out or will they store them like they would if you buy a big bottle of alcohol. We hate buying the cheap nicknacks with the port of call written all over them so we like to come home and say, hey here's some liquor from _____. Our family seems to like it.

CCL is the only cruiseline I've ever used. I have already paid in full to go on the Breeze in January but will start looking at other cruiselines. It was nice to see some of the cutbacks restored but this is getting extreme. They should have tightened up on people sneaking alcohol instead of going to this. This is totally overkill. Their profits are going to skyrocket while hurting us honest cruisers.

Ya kind of lost me, what is making their profits skyrocket?

I'm afraid to ask but I have to. We usually buy the little bottles of alcohol in ports (the kind you would get on a plane) to give to people as gifts when we get home. Will they make us throw them out or will they store them like they would if you buy a big bottle of alcohol. We hate buying the cheap nicknacks with the port of call written all over them so we like to come home and say, hey here's some liquor from _____. Our family seems to like it.

As long as they have a plastic lid, put them in your pockets, or somewhere on your person, and walk onboard.

You can now pre-order a 6 pack of soda for $8, throw them in the mini frig or bring a small soft sided cooler. Problem solved.

Thanks for the information. I am addicted to Diet Coke and do not like it over ice so I will do that. We have a 21 day B2B which will let us each bring 24 cans of Coke. Maybe my husband will just have to drink the wine and ice tea. LOL

And yes, I blame the smugglers as much as Carnival.

If there's anyone to blame it is the Internet for giving people a medium to share cruise tips and tricks.

This stuff has been going on for years until the cruiseline's started reading about what was going on, after the fact.

Thanks for the information. I am addicted to Diet Coke and do not like it over ice so I will do that. We have a 21 day B2B which will let us each bring 24 cans of Coke. Maybe my husband will just have to drink the wine and ice tea. LOL

You could always leave the ship and get more on the embarkation day for the second leg...

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

According to Mary a Carnival rep on Funville Forums, she states you can take personal items in your carryon, such as shampoo, etc.

Here is the link:

http://www.carnival.com/funville/for...px?PageIndex=3

This is my original question on the Funville site over a month ago. My specific question to them was about bringing vanilla, mole & horchata concentrate that are only found in bottles. I am still waiting for an answer. :eek:

Ok, what am I missing? Here's the screen cap. I just took of the Fun Shops.

Is this from bonvoyage? The one I have (not at my PC now, using iPad) is a preorder. When I get back I will copy the order to here

:D:D:D You do realize that in purchasing a ticket you are basically saying you are OK with the policies (and any restrictions) of the cruise line since the purchase of a ticket is an agreement of a contract.

yes but this was not a rule when ticket purchased so her complaint is valid.

You still have freedom. The freedom, not to buy the cruise ticket. Just like you can't brink soda through an airport, but you can purchase after the gate. So freedom is the ability to chose if you want the freedom to have the soda or not. Plus shortly after you get on the ship, and it moves away from USA, you are no longer part of the USA free society, but under a dictatorship, where the Captain has full control of regulating the rules, he desires to enforce.

Captain Bligh is long gone, cruise ships captain's are under a host of laws and regulations including those of the USA.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

There should be no problem with vanilla or hot sauce. You are not going to be shooters of vanilla. If they say something get a supervisor.

You never know...could be a booze smuggler getting her stash aboard a few ounces at a time smiley-with-glasses12.gif

Talk the talk but do you walk the walk? if you believe Carnival is such an uncaring overly greedy cruise line with unreasonable rules, then don't cruise with them. There, problem solved.
I guess that you like getting pushed around. Well I`m a Plat-moving up on Diamond and I`m getting sick of new rules coming round every 6 months. I`ve invested one hellava lot more than you and now they are changing the game in front of your eyes. Wake Up!

There should be no problem with vanilla or hot sauce. You are not going to be shooters of vanilla. If they say something get a supervisor.

PS: Good Luck with that---They are not going to let you slow the boarding process, and if a superior officer happened to be around, he/she would take your name/cabin # and poof never hear from again-Tried it a couple of times-Believe IT!!!

This is my original question on the Funville site over a month ago. My specific question to them was about bringing vanilla, mole & horchata concentrate that are only found in bottles. I am still waiting for an answer. :eek:

I can't figure out why we can't get an answer. I emailed Special Need Dept. and honestly, they were lost.

Waiting to hear from someone who has tried to get vanilla or hot sauce back on the ship.

I really think if they did not allow shampoo, toiletries, etc, there would be a nightmare thread here on CC about it.

I'm the least concerned about bringing water or any bottle/can back on the ship. But I'd like to know how thorough they are searching bags when getting back on from port? Are they requiring everyone to dump everything to go through the scanner or is it still x-ray bags empty metal from pockets?

I'm the least concerned about bringing water or any bottle/can back on the ship. But I'd like to know how thorough they are searching bags when getting back on from port? Are they requiring everyone to dump everything to go through the scanner or is it still x-ray bags empty metal from pockets?

Still x-ray bags/empty pockets on our last cruise a few weeks ago.

:eek::eek:Seriously? Wow...just wow. I can't wait to see how many peoples clothes gets ruined from leaking bottles.

And IMHO there is no way they can open every bag and check the liquids.

We never put toilitries in our carry on always in checked bages. we have special bags that have plastic liners so if something leaks it not on our clothes. I was just relaying what I was told from A carnival rep. She said they are opening any bags that go through the scanner once they get on board that they see has liquid in them. so no not every bag just the ones that come up on the scanner as looking liek liquid