Must haves for long cruises.

Duffysmom

If you are referring to a mat to use outside the show, one is supplied that you can use and if used is replaced when the cabin is serviced. If you want more than one to cover more floor area, ask your cabin steward.

If you are referring to a mat you can use inside the show, Princess does not supply one.

I need a mat that will cover the floor where your feet go for the toilet and sink area. I can no longer handle cold on my feet. If they supply one that is great but I don't remember being one in the cabin. Do you mean I have to ask to get one?

If you are referring to a mat to use outside the show, one is supplied that you can use and if used is replaced when the cabin is serviced. If you want more than one to cover more floor area, ask your cabin steward.

If you are referring to a mat you can use inside the show, Princess does not supply one.

Oh dear, I didn't know mats were necessary at the show! ;)

We use a pool towel folded in half on the bathroom floor, generally because it is so wet after a shower or two. It pretty much covers the area where we stand while getting in and out of the shower and attending to ablutions at the sink.

That's what I have done in the past, used a towel. However, now I couldn't stand on a thin one or a wet one due to the coldness. After staying in a hotel earlier this year I realize that won't work for me. Every morning the room was cleaned and the towels removed and hung back up making it necessary for me to put them down again. While that only takes a few minutes I have to either put on socks or shoes to do it because I can't do it in my bare feet. Then the towels get messed up and I have to stand on the cold floor again to fix them. This may seem trivial to some but I have a condition called RSDS where I have a nerve issue that causes great pain when my feet get cold. Not worth it. On a short cruise, it will be towels but on a long one, I will bring a mat.

That's what I have done in the past, used a towel. However, now I couldn't stand on a thin one or a wet one due to the coldness. After staying in a hotel earlier this year I realize that won't work for me. Every morning the room was cleaned and the towels removed and hung back up making it necessary for me to put them down again. While that only takes a few minutes I have to either put on socks or shoes to do it because I can't do it in my bare feet. Then the towels get messed up and I have to stand on the cold floor again to fix them. This may seem trivial to some but I have a condition called RSDS where I have a nerve issue that causes great pain when my feet get cold. Not worth it. On a short cruise, it will be towels but on a long one, I will bring a mat.

I'm sorry you're dealing with that. It sounds very uncomfortable. A mat should work best, and reminds us all that not everyone can pack in a simple carry on because our needs are all different.

As I got out of the shower this morning I realized two things I would bring. My own larger towel (those little ones are a joke for anyone that is over weight).

I always bring my own pillow even if just going away over night.

There should be pool towels available so you won't have to bring your own. I agree about the pillow. It's a must for me.:cool:

Wouldn't a cheap pair of flip flops work? You could wear them before you shower and in the shower and when you get out of the shower.

Wouldn't a cheap pair of flip flops work? You could wear them before you shower and in the shower and when you get out of the shower.

Yes, that is what I use when I go into the kitchen in the morning but standing to dry off from the shower .... I don't know many that want to wear flip flops when they are naked and trying to dry off or just brushing your teeth. When I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night looking for the flip flops will be more work then it's worth.

Edited by notentirelynormal

Seriously people,

Neosporin, Vitamin C, Cold FX?

This is Princess "The Love Boat"

I can get all that stuff any where, or live without it, I just make sure I have an adequate supply of my "little blue pills".

Yes I know TMI, but you asked.

LOL, you know they have pills for the women now too.;)

Seriously people,

I can get all that stuff any where, or live without it, I just make sure I have an adequate supply of my "little blue pills".

They don't have knees, temporary fillings or the cold med that works for me.

TMI...I remember it well.

Joanie

Edited by sssteele

Seriously people,

No I didn't. Ew.

I need a mat that will cover the floor where your feet go for the toilet and sink area. I can no longer handle cold on my feet. If they supply one that is great but I don't remember being one in the cabin. Do you mean I have to ask to get one?

There is a bathmat in your cabin, so you do not have to ask for one.

If you need two at the same time to cover more floor area, then you need to ask for the second one.