Jealousy - a terrible thing

babs135

We have an eastbound crossing booked for November but when I read other peoples' reviews I get almost insanely jealous that I'm not on board now :o

Please tell me I'm not alone in this terrible condition. I have 16 weeks before we sail, how do I cope; I really need help :D

BTW and being serious. Unable to fit in even a short break so please don't worsen my condition by suggesting this as a remedy !!!

No, you're not alone :( . Every time I'm counting down I start imagining myself on board QM2... emerging from one of the outside lifts and entering the Commodore Club, or sitting down to dinner in the restaurant... (I'd better stop this now :( )

(There is only one thing worse than counting away the days till boarding, dreaming of walking the decks, being jealous of those already onboard... and that is the awful feeling after arriving at my destination and disembarking... and realising that the ship will sail later on another voyage, without me on board; its life will go on without me there to enjoy it! :eek: :eek: )

But sixteen weeks will fly by, I promise :) , have a wonderful time!

Edited by pepperrn

Tell me about it!! I have been counting down for nearly a year now but only three more weeks to go. Phew!

The worst part was going down to Southampton in May for the charity anniversary meal on QM2, then having to get off the ship and watch ALL THREE sail away without us!

Still, as I say, only three weeks to go.

Then in six weeks I will be back to jealousy!!

Clearly all are suffering from advanced Regina Nervosa.

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Section G32, the cause is unknown and it is a unique affliction observed only in people who have sailed on Queen Mary 2. Symptoms typically include obsession with the ship’s whereabouts and preoccupation with the dress code.

Mild cases of Regina Nervosa cause some degree of financial debilitation. It can rapidly progress to a terminal stage which is marked by visual fantasies of future vessel refits and episodes of anger over new cabins and a remake King's Court. There is no cure but it's possible to achieve prolonged periods of remission by experiencing another voyage on QM2.

We were booked on a cruise that departed NYC through to LA (not on Cunard) I had looked forward to this for over two years. Hurricane Sandy struck and we had to somehow get from NYC to Charleston (we drove). Two days after boarding I came down with an upper respiratory infection which actually lasted 3 months. The whole cruise became a total nightmare and I've never felt so miserable in my life. From then on I will never look forward to a cruise as on a subsequent cruise my DH had a similar problem! Maybe we're just not meant to have vacations!

Mary

Clearly all are suffering from advanced Regina Nervosa.

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Section G32, the cause is unknown and it is a unique affliction observed only in people who have sailed on Queen Mary 2. Symptoms typically include obsession with the ship’s whereabouts and preoccupation with the dress code.

Mild cases of Regina Nervosa cause some degree of financial debilitation. It can rapidly progress to a terminal stage which is marked by visual fantasies of future vessel refits and episodes of anger over new cabins and a remake King's Court. There is no cure but it's possible to achieve prolonged periods of remission by experiencing another voyage on QM2.

Oh dear, this is obviously contagious. I am not sure on which cruise I caught Regina Nervosa.

You aren't alone. Finances are prohibiting a proper trip on The Great Lady this year. We thought a little trip on Queen Elizabeth would scratch the itch but it hasn't.

I'm hoping that things fall into place so that another Transatlantic will be on the cards after Queen Mary 2 has had her refit. That said, my Wife wants "A Hot Holiday" so we may yet end up in The Med on one of the twins.

We have an eastbound crossing booked for November but when I read other peoples' reviews I get almost insanely jealous that I'm not on board now :o

Please tell me I'm not alone in this terrible condition. I have 16 weeks before we sail, how do I cope; I really need help :D

No, you are not alone! I went through this after I had tried in vain, back in 2011, to book the missing segment from Cape Town to Sydney to make it a complete world cruise. There was no TA on the continent that I did not contact ;).... I have been counting down continuously for months!

Anyway, I had to stay in Cape Town (yes, I know, there are worse places in the world to stay) to finally see, from my hotel room's window and by coincidence, how my one and only ship left the port ... In addition to this, she was blowing the horn!

You should feel better now ...