whats the better balcony

Both are pretty much the same size. It comes down to what you want. Do you want peace and tranquility, but maybe a few prying eyes? Go with a Central Park. Do you want to feel a slight breeze at times, and maybe catch a glimpse of the ocean by way of the ship's wake, but have to deal with some noise until around 11pm? (Outside I mean, your cabin should be quiet.) Go with a Boardwalk.

We did Allure in Cabin@ 12729 and we loved the best of both worlds... views of the ship's wake & shows in the aqua theater. If you go w/ boardwalk, pick a cabin closest to the rear of the ship to get the best views! :D

Edited by bpphoto

I wouldn't consider either. A balcony (IMO) is for an ocean view....

The OP seems to have the opinion that they would like to try an interior balcony though!

I LOVE the Central Park Balcony. I have been there for 3 cruises now. Next Cruise I am going to try the Boardwalk balcony just for fun.

The thing I like about the Interior Balconies is the fact that I can hang my wet clothes without worrying about the wind taking it off the edge of the ship.

I have plenty of opportunity to look at the ocean since I typically spend my whole day on the top decks.

To the OP: I can't give you an opinion on the Boardwalk Balcony, however, the Central Park Balcony is a nice and peaceful type of environment. There are trees there, low amounts of noise (yelling, partying, etc), relatively low foot traffic, however, there often have live classical music (piano, violins) down there which is a nice touch.

Looking at both types of balconies on the Oasis or Allure of the Seas.....central park or boardwalk. Need help please.....which is the best and why?

I have had both and greatly preferred the boardwalk. I don't actually like either - the feeling of living in a NYC tenement bothers me. ;)

But I DID find that there was less air movement out on the central park balcony.

DSC03401_zps83ecca22.jpg

We had a CP balcony once and I didn't like it - too hot and humid, no air movement, no ocean view and no privacy. The privacy issue is going to apply equally to CP and BW balconies, but if on a BW balcony you get to view the aft wake, and get some air from there too, then I can see it being better than a CP. Noisier though, possibly.

Myself, I wouldn't book either - I couldn't use the CP balcony at all - too hot. I'd rather have saved the money and had an ocean view room. But YMMV, of course.

We haven't sailed yet but chose the CP balcony because we didn't want the circus atmosphere of the Boardwalk. We are not carnival, circus, parade people. Just didn't think we'd like it and the price was so much better than the OV and we've done that before. I'm going into this cruise imagining that the CP balcony would be a lot like the promenade rooms only with a walkout.

Here is a photo from the elevators at the beginning of the Boardwalk. The view would of course get better with each cabin closer to the end and probably lower down. Hardly a 'glimpse' of the ocean in my book!

IMG_3324.jpg

• 2 months later...
I wouldn't consider either. A balcony (IMO) is for an ocean view....

I agree, but at times you have to put aside what you want and do what's more enjoyable for those sailing with you...I usually always book a JS but for our March 2017 family cruise I opted to take the last four aft BW cabins on deck #9...Sailing with adult kids and toddler grandchildren...and their needs/enjoyment out weigh mine on this family cruise :D

I have had a Boardwalk balcony twice and have one booked for the Harmony as well. My parents had a Boardwalk balcony the first time, and then a Central Park balcony the second time. Keep in mind they were in their early 80's, and my mom said she would have rather had a Boardwalk balcony the second time also. The noise has not bothered me; but I would avoid the highest decks. We enjoyed watching the Aqua show from our balcony as well, as from the seating below.

We are just off the Oasis today. We were in 8329, the very last boardwalk balcony. We have a terrific view of the Aqua Theater and could see the ocean. We loved it and booked the same room again while still onboard.

Thanks for the recommendation---we booked 8329 for next year! We usually cruise in a balcony or JS, have never been on an Oasis class ship, and really want to try a boardwalk balcony room. We enjoy "people watching" at the Ocean City or Va. Beach boardwalks so hoping this will be a similar experience. I was thinking of staying on one of the higher floors, but 8329 was available so...

Personally I would not select a Boardwalk Balcony for the privacy, but since you like people watching I believe that will be ideal for you. Hope you enjoy your cruise next year. We will be on the Harmony next June.

... the Central Park Balcony... there often have live classical music (piano, violins) down there which is a nice touch.

OP, that is exactly why I would choose Central Park over Boardwalk. I've rarely found the noise in Central Park too irritating, and I have a lower-than-average threshold. And whenever I've heard music there it's been a very nice touch.

But if noise isn't a problem for you... I spent a substantial part of two 7-day cruises looking down from Deck 15 (or a Deck 17 balcony) at the big screens, the pool goings-on, the ship's wake, and just a thoroughly grand view of the ship's aft and the ocean, and loved it all.

It just depends on what you're most likely to appreciate or will want to avoid.

Edited by Moonarino