What little extras do you take on your cruise

I bring loads f stuffI no longer consider extra

Amed kit with basics suchas cold remedies,bandaids,tylenol,etc

Bug spray or skin so soft ...amust these days

A clothesline and pins .plus laundry soap

Cheap poncho for downpours esp in Caribbean..no need in Med in summer

Water shoes

Averythinlong sleeved ace shirt ...for churches or religious places that require covering up

My pump to makefrothy milk for morning coffee

E tra glasses ,pedicure kit,shampoo and conditioner ,caladryl,brushes,combs ,rollers etc

Caps or uv hats

No closed shoes except running shoes ..my feet swell like crazy on cruises

Ointment for sunburns

Flashlight in all purses always

Beachbag

A small back pack a refillable water bottle

Everyone has given great idea's.. but this thing is great. It attaches to the mirror and you don't have to worry about laying it on the sink or in a cup. I put mine pretty high on the mirror so the cabin steward doesn't have to touch it or clean around it on the counter with chemicals.

3e3b09b6-a836-4c40-a2b8-25b3619df0cd_zpsrqdtbo1o.jpg

Everyone has given great idea's.. but this thing is great. It attaches to the mirror and you don't have to worry about laying it on the sink or in a cup. I put mine pretty high on the mirror so the cabin steward doesn't have to touch it or clean around it on the counter with chemicals.

3e3b09b6-a836-4c40-a2b8-25b3619df0cd_zpsrqdtbo1o.jpg

What a great idea. Where did you find this?

1) A small pharmacy loaded with everything I think we might need on the trip (advil/tylenol, immodium, motion sickness stuff, sinus meds, cold meds, tums, bandaids, etc.)

2) Clothespins. They are great for hanging your bathing suit to dry in the shower.

3) USB hub charger x 2. More than enough for us to charge all our electronics.

4) Dollar bills

5) Brita water bottle with filter insert - I know the water is probably fine but I am one of those people that wants to make sure the water is extra extra filtered.

6) Magnetic hooks, pipe cleaners and this --> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V0VQGOM/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1457371223 I don't have to worry about damaging doors with hanging something over them. The pockets on that are deep and it makes great storage at the ready in the room.

Hmmmm - that can't be for any NCL ship, since the shower curtains on their ships are glass doors....? ;)

DH and I have had several cruises with NCL, and one thing they do absolutely best on the NCL Spirit, and the NCL Dawn is their bathroom set up. I love love love their showers, so roomy and the water was always hot. Whoever designed the initial bathroom layout did an excellent job of maximizing comfort in a very small space.

Lorie

We always bring:

Magnets for the wall

Duct tape

Binder clips to hold the towels on the lounge chairs

A used hotel card or something similar keep in the slot to turn the lights on

List of all the prescriptions that u take

Always bring a container of liquid hand soap. Bar soap is so medieval, and you can't really get your hands clean with it, and it looks dirty and scummy after 2 uses. Lord knows you need your mitts cleaner than ever when on a cruise!

LOVE THIS! Thank you very much!

I am not flying my next cruise and will take the liquid soap.

THANKS!

If you use a C-Pap machine when you sleep, remember to bring a LONG extension cord. There aren't any outlets near the bed, so you need a long one that reaches from the desk/vanity area --across the cabin to the bed. The only outlet near the beds is a USB outlet on the lamps.

• Power bar & extension cord
  • Lots of baggies
  • Hair dryer
  • Fuzzy blanket (for late night star gazing)

I took my hair dryer on Breakaway and used it first night and kind of blew a fuse or something. TV and power at desk went out. They told us not to use our own hair dryer again and it took about 20 minutes before they knocked and said power was fixed.

Most of the above items. Many mentioned here but I have a special drawer at home dedicated to my "cruise" supplies. Just take it in and out for our many cruises.

I don't know if I saw a curling iron, extra meds (just in case your trip gets extended due to weather, etc.) Call your credit companies before you leave to let them know you may be using cards out of town.

We sometimes take travel size board games. Don't forget hats for everyone. Rain ponchos come in handy as well as a small umbrella.

One thing I have thought of but never researched is a fold up tray. I avoid the buffet because of many trips back and forth with good and drink. A simple try that can be folded up would be great.

As for immodium, you cannot buy such items on the ship so bring your own if you think you might need it. Sea sickness pills also (generally can be gotten for free at front desk though).

I take several 5's and a packet of 1's for tipping, etc. Also, if we are flying in we will not affix our luggage tags till we head to the port so I try to remember take or a stapler for them. If not, just ask at your hotel desk.

I always says that as long as we have our meds and our passports we can get most anything else either on the ship or at a port or do without. Just check that you have those 2 things. I once took a paper prescription to a pharmacy in CA before a cruise (I could not fill it before I left as it was too soon). They would not fill it since it was out of state. They ended up "giving" me some pills (huh?) but it was not enough and I had to take halves for a few days till we got back. They even spoke to my dr. and would not fill it. This was on an extended trip. They even suggested I try a neighboring state!

Happy Seas!

Power strip

Bag of OTC medications

Small flashlight - never used it, but just in case of power failure

sun screen and bug repellent

small bills (singles, fives and tens) for extra tipping everywhere and small purchases in ports

a clock

(people have argued with me about this saying plug in clocks do not work, but we have never had a problem. It also gives just enough light to see in the dark in the pitch black of the cabin). I know some people just used their phones, but we typically put ours in the safe most of the time.

white noise machine (part of the clock).

highlighter for the Daily

a lanyard type thing I bought in Guatemala to hold my cabin key, folded up Daily activity page, some lip balm and other small odds and ends I need for the day. I found things fell out of my pocket.

1 or 2 12pks of soda (depending on the length of the cruise)

Things we have never used or needed: Magnets or shoe rack for small items.

Edited by drvalo

We always bring a couple ziploc bags, and a small foldable tote bag in case our carry-on gets gate checked - so we can pull out the laptop and pills and not have to juggle it in our hands.

I know a few people said clothes pegs, which I take but not for drying clothes, but to pin the curtains together over the balcony window, to keep the room dark as the curtains often jostle with the ship's movement.

Instead of liquid Wrinkle Release, I bring a small spray bottle with half a fabric softener sheet (like Bounce or Downy) in it. When I get to my cabin, I add water and shake. Spray your clothes to remove wrinkles and also to "freshen" them after wearing. Weighs less in your luggage and no chance of leaking.

we pack space bags (the big plastic bags that you can push the air out) this helps with bringing home wet clothes, dirty clothes, etc. eventhough this doesn't cut down on the weight of the luggage for flying, it certainly allows more room in your luggage.

Why not just use your cell phone's alarm? Also, does NCL not do wake up calls? I don't remember, but I can't imagine this is not an option.

Cell phones are not reliable for telling time at sea, and as a result, their alarm function is useless. Because the signal for the phones is unreliable, you'll find the time and date very inaccurate (sometimes by days or years!) Carrying a non-phone-based watch and alarm clock is a must.

Cell phones are not reliable for telling time at sea, and as a result, their alarm function is useless. Because the signal for the phones is unreliable, you'll find the time and date very inaccurate (sometimes by days or years!) Carrying a non-phone-based watch and alarm clock is a must.

if you buy the 8 dollar phone package on iconcierge, would the time be accurate? (thats not the reason id buy it but just curious)

Here's the problem: You're not turning airplane mode on when the ship sails.

The phone is connecting to foreign cell towers and re-syncing the time. In general, most people don't want to make or receive cell phone calls while on the ship since that would incur major roaming fees. On the other hand, people sometimes DO want wifi to work, even if just to use the iConcierge app so you can text or make calls to other phones on the ship. What to do? Simple...

When the ship sails past your home port, turn airplane mode on. This will automatically turn wifi off if it was previously on. Now turn wifi back on. You now have turned off all cell communications and bluetooth, but have wifi on. Your clock won't attempt to resync with a cell tower.

Here's the problem: You're not turning airplane mode on when the ship sails.

The phone is connecting to foreign cell towers and re-syncing the time. In general, most people don't want to make or receive cell phone calls while on the ship since that would incur major roaming fees. On the other hand, people sometimes DO want wifi to work, even if just to use the iConcierge app so you can text or make calls to other phones on the ship. What to do? Simple...

When the ship sails past your home port, turn airplane mode on. This will automatically turn wifi off if it was previously on. Now turn wifi back on. You now have turned off all cell communications and bluetooth, but have wifi on. Your clock won't attempt to resync with a cell tower.

Yes- I second this approach as we've done it many times traveling abroad.