**New** Current list of Cruise Directors (CD)

DonnaK

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Lafuente started Nov 7 until early March (exact date? then who?)

Allure OTS - Luke Aerowsmith November 15 until mid-March (exact date? then who?)

Anthem OTS - Abe Hughes December 12 until March 7 or March 19 then Dru Pavlov? (Leigh Xuereb may also be assigned to Anthem in the future (June through Sept?))

Brilliance OTS - Tim Connor November 30 until the end of March exact date? then who?) (Clo O'Connor will return in September 2016)

Empress OTS - Carlos Torres will be the CD beginning March 30

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 22 until the ship moves to Miami on May 3

Explorer OTS - Ken Jones January 28 until March 30. Graham Seymour returns from his break March 30 until July 29.

Freedom OTS - John Perry January 24 for 4 months (is this John's new regular assignment?)

Grandeur OTS - Did Paul Rutter go on his break on Jan 25, as scheduled, or is he still on the ship? Who is (or will be) covering his break? John Blair is joining Grandeur in March.

Harmony OTS - Ken Rush until the ship reaches Barcelona on June 5, then a yet-to-be-named CD will take over (perhaps Jerome Sueur?) Ken will return Oct 23 to take the ship to Florida and will be on her through the New Year.

Independence OTS - Leigh Xuereb November 21 for 4 months (exact date? then who?) (Joff Eaton will be the CD for some or all of the UK season - exact dates of his contract need confirming)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles January 24 for 2 months (exact date? Then who?)

Legend OTS - Chris Brown December 8 until Feb 18, then Keith Williams

Liberty OTS - Amy Fickert-Southgate December 6 until early April (then who?) Amy is the new regular CD of Liberty

Majesty OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo January 15 until mid-March. Who will be CD from mid-March until ship goes into drydock on May 3? Marc Walker reports to drydock May 3 and will take out the ship from Port Canaveral beginning May 16. He has no end date yet, but he plans to retire shortly thereafter, after 20 years of service, to spend more time with his family

Mariner OTS - Fang Lixin started October 29 (until when? then who?) Jamie Fentiman is having surgery, and his return date is delayed

Navigator OTS - Jerome Sueur November 10 until March 13 (then who?)

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine January 23 for 4 months

Ovation OTS - Joff Eaton March until the end of May 2016, then Gordon Whatman (exact dates?)

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes January 23 for 4 months

Radiance OTS - Steve Davis January 31 for 4 months.

Rhapsody OTS - Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira November 19 for the remainder of the Brazilian season

Serenade OTS - Topi Ylonen from Jan 25 until March 18, then Carly Boileau March 18 through the TA to Copenhagen (May 15), then Topi Ylonen returns for the European Season through the TA to Boston (May 15 through September 13) then Carly Boileau for the Canadian Season (September 13 through October 30 or November 11)

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst November 14 until March 21, then then Simona Ferraiuolo March 21 until the ship leaves the fleet on April 20

Vision OTS - Rob McNally November 14 until mid-March (then who?) Bill Brunkhorst thinks he will be assinged to Vision after his break beginning in mid-May.

Voyager OTS -Mitch Merucci beginning October 22 until February 28, then Chris Brown

Ken Rush works behind the scenes on the new ships, helping to provide smooth take-outs. In between, he works with the new builds at the shipyard, and he fills in on the larger/newer ships as CD during the regular CD's break

Gordon Whatman is retired, but will be filling-in from time-to-time if needed (see Ovation - May 2016)

Allan Brooks works for Celebrity in their corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman is a CD with HAL

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Mike Szwajkowski is a Canadian Mountie

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

Anna Bass is now Client Services Manager at ISS London

Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners and sometimes works onboard as the port and shopping guide

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Holland America

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is now a CD with NCL

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is Customer Service & People Manager at Momentum Services Ltd

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Thomas DeCell is no longer with RCI

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles January 24 for 2 months, then John Blair returns in late-March for 4 months

Has anyone heard from Elvis Pinto lately? We enjoyed him quite a bit as Activities director back in 2014,and heard shortly after that cruise that he was to be promoted to CD I believe his residence is in San Juan.

This one has been out there on the list for quite some time without an update...but seeing plenty of threads with people on Adventure of the Seas cruises the past 2 months...no info on the CD posted by anyone.

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Lafuente started Nov 7 until early March (exact date? then who?)

Has anyone heard from Elvis Pinto lately? We enjoyed him quite a bit as Activities director back in 2014,and heard shortly after that cruise that he was to be promoted to CD I believe his residence is in San Juan.

Elvis is still doing duty as AM on Vision.

Allure OTS - Luke Aerowsmith November 15 until mid-March (exact date? then who?)

Anthem OTS - Abe Hughes December 12 until March 7 or March 19 then Dru Pavlov? (Leigh Xuereb may also be assigned to Anthem in the future (June through Sept?))

Brilliance OTS - Tim Connor November 30 until the end of March exact date? then who?) (Clo O'Connor will return in September 2016)

Empress OTS - Carlos Torres will be the CD beginning March 30

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 22 until the ship moves to Miami on May 3

Explorer OTS - Ken Jones January 28 until March 30. Graham Seymour returns from his break March 30 until July 29.

Freedom OTS - John Perry January 24 for 4 months (is this John's new regular assignment?)

Grandeur OTS - Paul Rutter November 11 through sometime in March, then John Blair is joining Grandeur in March.

Harmony OTS - Ken Rush until the ship reaches Barcelona on June 5, then a yet-to-be-named CD will take over (perhaps Jerome Sueur?) Ken will return Oct 23 to take the ship to Florida and will be on her through the New Year.

Independence OTS - Leigh Xuereb November 21 for 4 months (exact date? then who?) (Joff Eaton will be the CD for some or all of the UK season - exact dates of his contract need confirming)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles January 24 for 2 months (exact date? Then who?)

Legend OTS - Chris Brown December 8 until Feb 18, then Keith Williams

Liberty OTS - Amy Fickert-Southgate December 6 until early April (then who?) Amy is the new regular CD of Liberty

Majesty OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo January 15 until mid-March. Who will be CD from mid-March until ship goes into drydock on May 3? Marc Walker reports to drydock May 3 and will take out the ship from Port Canaveral beginning May 16. He has no end date yet, but he plans to retire shortly thereafter, after 20 years of service, to spend more time with his family

Mariner OTS - Fang Lixin started October 29 (until when? then who?) Jamie Fentiman is having surgery, and his return date is delayed

Navigator OTS - Jerome Sueur November 10 until March 13 (then who?)

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine January 23 for 4 months

Ovation OTS - Joff Eaton March until the end of May 2016, then Gordon Whatman (exact dates?)

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes January 23 for 4 months

Radiance OTS - Steve Davis January 31 for 4 months.

Rhapsody OTS - Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira November 19 until April 20, then Jerome Sueur begins April 20.

Serenade OTS - Topi Ylonen from Jan 25 until March 18, then Carly Boileau March 18 through the TA to Copenhagen (May 15), then Topi Ylonen returns for the European Season through the TA to Boston (May 15 through September 13) then Carly Boileau for the Canadian Season (September 13 through October 30 or November 11)

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst November 14 until March 21, then then Simona Ferraiuolo March 21 until the ship leaves the fleet on April 20

Vision OTS - Rob McNally November 14 until mid-March (then who?) Bill Brunkhorst thinks he will be assinged to Vision after his break beginning in mid-May.

Voyager OTS -Mitch Merucci beginning October 22 until February 28, then Chris Brown

Ken Rush works behind the scenes on the new ships, helping to provide smooth take-outs. In between, he works with the new builds at the shipyard, and he fills in on the larger/newer ships as CD during the regular CD's break

Gordon Whatman is retired, but will be filling-in from time-to-time if needed (see Ovation - May 2016)

Allan Brooks works for Celebrity in their corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman is a CD with HAL

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Mike Szwajkowski is a Canadian Mountie

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

Anna Bass is now Client Services Manager at ISS London

Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners and sometimes works onboard as the port and shopping guide

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Holland America

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is now a CD with NCL

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is Customer Service & People Manager at Momentum Services Ltd

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Thomas DeCell is no longer with RCI

I am guessing that he is going to Harmony on June 5. He is the best choice for that ship for the summer.

I'd say you are 100% correct. I joked a few pages back that I might tell you who the new CD is on Allure, when we are on her. We sail in 39 days so it is starting to look that way.

I'd say you are 100% correct. I joked a few pages back that I might tell you who the new CD is on Allure, when we are on her. We sail in 39 days so it is starting to look that way.

Thank you! (Same here! I am on Anthem March 4 and may have to wait until then for the new CD info (although I am guessing that it will be Dru)

There are quite a few handovers coming up in March that we are still awaiting new CD info. I don't ever remember info being so scarce, but I guess we are in a cycle where there is a lot of CD movement, so the assignments aren't set yet.

I would be thankful if anyone who is cruising soon can find out next CD info from that ship! :)

Edited by DonnaK

Thank you! (Same here! I am on Anthem March 4 and may have to wait until then for the new CD info (although I am guessing that it will be Dru)

There are quite a few handovers coming up in March that we are still awaiting new CD info. I don't ever remember info being so scarce, but I guess we are in a cycle where there is a lot of CD movement, so the assignments aren't set yet.

I would be thankful if anyone who is cruising soon can find out next CD info from that ship! :)

Donna, I will keep following along and if there is no answer by the time we board I will find out for you. It is the least I can do for all the good work you do in running this thread.

It's a bit early, but enjoy your upcoming cruise.

I'm slightly confused here? Sadly (well, not sadly), we are sailing Anthem this weekend and the fabulous Dru will not be there til March ...sniffle. Can anyone confirm the Abe situation?

Thanks

I'm slightly confused here? Sadly (well, not sadly), we are sailing Anthem this weekend and the fabulous Dru will not be there til March ...sniffle. Can anyone confirm the Abe situation?

Thanks

It has already been confirmed by Abe that he will be on Anthem until March 7 or 19. (He didn't have the exact date at the time this info was given to us)

Back in November, Dru told me directly that he expects to have a few contracts on Anthem in 2016, but didn't have his exact schedule yet. So, it is not confirmed that he will be coming onboard when Abe leaves on either date in March. That is why I have a question mark and have red bold faced this info on the list.

It does make sense because Dru has been on break since December 6 so he is due back soon. (His last contract on Liberty was a bit longer than the usual 4 months so his break might be longer than the usual 2 months)

Regarding the info at the bottom of the page, for many years, Abe had been working in that capacity, and not as a CD. This is only his first contract back as CD. Is it a one time fill-in? Will he be returning to CD duties full-time? Will he be returning to his previous work and only filling-in occasionally? That all remains to be seen, which is why I continue to list him in both places on the list

Edited by DonnaK

It does make sense because Dru has been on break since December 6 so he is due back soon. (His last contract on Liberty was a bit longer than the usual 4 months so his break might be longer than the usual 2 months)

Regarding the info at the bottom of the page, for many years, Abe had been working in that capacity, and not as a CD. This is only his first contract back as CD. Is it a one time fill-in? Will he be returning to CD duties full-time? Will he be returning to his previous work and only filling-in occasionally? That all remains to be seen, which is why I continue to list him in both places on the list

Great. Thanks for clearing that up. It's always nice to meet a new (to me) CD. I was on Liberty's repo with Dru in November and I remember him mentioning Anthem as a possibility but, since Anthem wasn't even a hint of a sparkle of an idea in my head at that point, I didn't pay enough attention.

Edited by KarinaGW

Great. Thanks for clearing that up. It's always nice to meet a new (to me) CD. I was on Liberty's repo with Dru in November and I remember him mentioning Anthem as a possibility but, since Anthem wasn't even a hint of a sparkle of an idea in my head at that point, I didn't pay enough attention.
Come back and let me know how you like Abe, because I will be on Anthem March 4. I also thought Dru was fabulous on Liberty.