Mariner points

Watson's aunt

Hi

look but count not find thisanywhere. I crused last June with a friend. we were on upper Promenade deck. I just checked my Mariner poiints. I thought I read somewhere I would also be able to to collect her points also. so instead 23 credits/points (14 day cruise) i should have 46 points i hope

Mary

Edited by Watson's aunt

hi

Thank you. I thought I read it some where. since I usually travel solo and last time had a roomate. thank you for responses. Since everything was charged on my CC. ( I know it makes no difference) we figure it out later. I guess I was wrong.

Mary

Mariner points earned by spending or by having a verandah accommodation really do not count for anything once one has passed five star, if I have it straight. There are no additional amenities until 1400 actual sail dates once a mariner has reached five star. One does get a platinum medal at 700 sail days, but that medal does not bring any additional amenities, does it? At 1400 actual sail days a mariner may be invited into the President's Club, which does have benefits—or so my PC friends tell me.

D

Edited by blue whale

Sail,

I've only done one cruise on Princess, and it was solo. I paid double for the room, but got 2 credits instead of 1. I was surprised, but very pleased. I wish more lines in the Carnival family did this.

Roz

Mariner points earned by spending or by having a verandah accommodation really do not count for anything once one has passed five star, if I have it straight. There are no additional amenities until 1400 actual sail dates once a mariner has reached five star. One does get a platinum medal at 700 sail days, but that medal does not bring any additional amenities, does it? At 1400 actual sail days a mariner may be invited into the President's Club, which does have benefits—or so my PC friends tell me.

Correct on all counts.

Sail,

I've only done one cruise on Princess, and it was solo. I paid double for the room, but got 2 credits instead of 1. I was surprised, but very pleased. I wish more lines in the Carnival family did this.

Roz

Yes, princess has been doing that for several years.

Hi

look but count not find thisanywhere. I crused last June with a friend. we were on upper Promenade deck. I just checked my Mariner poiints. I thought I read somewhere I would also be able to to collect her points also. so instead 23 credits/points (14 day cruise) i should have 46 points i hope

Mary

Maybe what you recall relates to the onboard spending cruise day credits where one earns a cruise day credit for every $300 spent. That is calculated on the total spending by all people in the cabin and the credits are credited to Guest 1 & 2 on the reservation. Each of them (1 & 2) get the same amount of credits, no matter who actually made the purchases.

So, for your 14 day cruise, you received 14 credits for each day of the cruise and another 9 based on the total amount spent (~$2700) by you and your roommate. Your roommate would have received the same amount.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

D

You have stated it clearly and accurately. :)

Sail,

Roz

I read that here before and I remembered Princess provides the extra credit. Would be nice if HAL did. :)

Even spouses have separate Mariner accounts.

Sometimes a spouse will sail with the 'girls' or family or whatever and one could have more days/credits than their DW/DH.