Obstructed Balcony Cabins on Regal

324hourtour

The OP was asking about obstructed cabins on the Regal Princess.

Has anyone had a obstructed Balcony cabin on Deck 8 on the Regal?

Just curious how obstructed and by what.

That website appears to have no pictures of obstructed Regal cabins.

The Regal cabins are obstructed by the life boats and tenders and the assorted rigging for lowering and raising the same. They are mostly obstructed to the top of the balcony railing by the top part of the boats. The last two boats to the aft are tenders and are somewhat taller (a little more of an obstruction) than the lifeboats.

Edited by ar1950

The OP was asking about obstructed cabins on the Regal Princess.

I realize that..............thats why I posted the link. There were photos under the Royal/Regal tab at some point I thought.

Maybe thinking of Dave's photos too....

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I realize that..............thats why I posted the link. There were photos under the Royal/Regal tab at some point I thought.

Maybe thinking of Dave's photos too....

Sorry, the comment was not aimed specifically towards you. The other two posters didn't seem to realize that. And, yes, there were a couple of pictures on one of Dave's threads. Just finding them may take some time.....:cool:

Sorry, the comment was not aimed specifically towards you. The other two posters didn't seem to realize that. And, yes, there were a couple of pictures on one of Dave's threads. Just finding them may take some time.....:cool:

They were really good photos. I am surprised Theo did not use them on his site.

Colo Cruiser is correct, there is a link to the Royal/Regal Princess on my site although it is not nearly as complete as for the other ships. Unfortunately I'm not at my home computer right now otherwise I could post the link (I have no idea how to link from my tablet). I also did use some pictures that Dave posted when he did his excellent tread on the Royal and Regal.

Also unfortunately Princess did, up until now, not offer me any insentive to book these 2 ships so I can take the pictures myself :-) :-) hence the pictures have to come from our fellow cruisers.

Theo

I had E703 on the Royal last September. Absolutely no obstruction in any direction except if you were looking directly towards the bow of the ship. You're not between lifeboats. No noise from the lounge below. Loved the cabin and location. Any of the E700 cabins would be the same.

Edited by Pam in CA

Colo Cruiser is correct, there is a link to the Royal/Regal Princess on my site although it is not nearly as complete as for the other ships..............

Theo

My mistake, I see it now. I didn't see that second link that comes up on the top of the page after you click on the Royal and Regal link on the first page. The second link was partially obscured by the small pop-up window.

• 4 weeks later...
I had E703 on the Royal last September. Absolutely no obstruction in any direction except if you were looking directly towards the bow of the ship. You're not between lifeboats. No noise from the lounge below. Loved the cabin and location. Any of the E700 cabins would be the same.

My sister in law just received an upgrade from an inside to E626, a "partially obstructed balcony." Would this fall in that same category you mention about the E700 cabins? Thanks for any help

We have booked E702 twice before and 3 of the next voyages on the Royal and Regal. This and 701 or 703 and offer virtually no obstruction other than directly forward and even then you are looking over a craft. The big advantage of these cabins rather than further aft, is that the category is lower price but with a very good view down, out and aft.

We have booked E702 twice before and 3 of the next voyages on the Royal and Regal. This and 701 or 703 and offer virtually no obstruction other than directly forward and even then you are looking over a craft. The big advantage of these cabins rather than further aft, is that the category is lower price but with a very good view down, out and aft.

What about E626.....what kind of obstruction?

The idea was to go to Renmar's (Theo) Google site.

Here is the exact page you need: https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

And don't worry about seeing Royal pictures as the two ships are the same.

Scroll down until you find E626.

well....thanks....I guess.....looks like E626 is COMPLETELY obstructed, not partially.....can anyone tell if you can see the water AT ALL from this balcony?:confused::rolleyes:

well....thanks....I guess.....looks like E626 is COMPLETELY obstructed, not partially.....can anyone tell if you can see the water AT ALL from this balcony?:confused::rolleyes:

Relax! Although E626 is one of more obstructed cabins - being behind a tender instead of a lifeboat, it is far from "completely" obstructed. The picture you saw was taken with a terminal building in the background, thus no blue water in view.

Take a look the several pictures for E622. It is behind the same tender as E626. You will get similar views except for a little more obstruction from the tender lift mechanism.

Relax! Although E626 is one of more obstructed cabins - being behind a tender instead of a lifeboat, it is far from "completely" obstructed. The picture you saw was taken with a terminal building in the background, thus no blue water in view.

Take a look the several pictures for E622. It is behind the same tender as E626. You will get similar views except for a little more obstruction from the tender lift mechanism.

Thanks....just a bit disappointed as the person at Princess told me there was only a beam as obstruction.....looks like a lot more than a beam......oh well....

Thanks....just a bit disappointed as the person at Princess told me there was only a beam as obstruction.....looks like a lot more than a beam......oh well....

Most of the people you get on the phone with Princess don't have been on all the ships (neither have I ;)) and for that reason have no idea if the info they have is correct or not. (neither have I ;))

Your best bet for future cruises is go to these boards first before you book.

As for your cabin E626, this one is NOT directly behind the tender. I double checked the picture and layout of the ship and the picture showing E626 should be E624. I will change the pictures soon. Thanks for asking about this cabin.

If you click on this link https://85dfc850-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald/Royal%20cabins%201b.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqliOhc2YEr3Iuys7_6IIVfbzSGl99gFtrtbfCR-w1llr7oPTuIe8KDc4oMSBQYK2kiV3ZGqC99XXj3rfpGluEAjDOciZioG41ylkG4ofRLWdipt8ABgByj3Sv5u9QVH2uF0akULvk9_Muj9Dxg2APeT5vA2uNU1qyFeS1d-ZOU58GjNl_JQfflE2Uzm0qetnx6PT8G8aEoVy9KX4V6by_exAODUIszTOTv9SmBboGL7At6a-08UhYYC1BBIkmNkOWKs0AT&attredirects=0 you will see that E627 (mirror image of E626) is NOT behind the tender.

If you not happy with this cabin maybe there is still time to change to E628-E630 or E702 which are in the same category.

Theo