"Hump" Cabins...worth it or not?

CCC3

Convenience of location and being able to see a bit more forward and aft from a hump cabin. It's usually a toss up hump vs true aft when available. But I'll always go for a corner true aft when I can.

On Liberty, the Hump is no larger...but it's VERY convenient!!!! I'd take it! Doesn't cost any more!

Only Radiance class have some really deep edge hump balconies. On Oasis class, you do get a little more space, too.

Edited by cb at sea

We had a hump balcony on a TA a few years ago on Liberty. The size of the room in front of the curtain was the same as other balconies, but in our cabin there was a wedge shaped area between the curtain and the sliding door. It was a great place to put DH's transport chair. We liked the balcony because of the location - very close to the elevators and we were located on the part of the hump that had forward facing views. We enjoyed the cabin and would book one again.

Edited by mek

We had a hump balcony on a TA a few years ago on Liberty. The size of the room in front of the curtain was the same as other balconies, but in our cabin there was a wedge shaped area between the curtain and the sliding door. It was a great place to put DH's transport chair. We liked the balcony because of the location - very close to the elevators and we were located on the part of the hump that had forward facing views. We enjoyed the cabin and would book one again.

Do you remember the cabin number? We are in 7648, coming up on the Liberty in six weeks.

By "worth it" I mean is worth the time spent on hold to change the cabin number!

And I did call...and we now have TWO hump balconies booked!! Thanks for your advice, everyone!!

By "worth it" I mean is worth the time spent on hold to change the cabin number!

And I did call...and we now have TWO hump balconies booked!! Thanks for your advice, everyone!!

As a person who does spend time on their balcony, I have enjoyed the hump cabin twice. Great views coming in and out of ports. Convenient location.

I have never booked a hump balcony (mostly because when I travel with friends we like to get connecting balconies, and typically on the ships I sail, thats not an option)

My question is.....

Is there less privacy on the forward and aft sides of the hump? does anyone have a preference where on the hump they like to book? Is the middle 3 or 4 rooms the most desirable? In many cases the humps are cheaper than the standard balcony's i book .. for example. on the liberty they are E class NOT d1 d2 or d3 (not that it makes any real difference)

I would definitely like to book one when I go solo sometime... just curious..

I had 9340 middle hump! It was a little bigger than normal balcony! The views great! I could get a pretty good range without being right at the railing.

4c350ee9d8f61ce82b5a95862f3decfb.jpg25c3013345d60c8349ba32aaf16ecf22.jpgb074a66c3253da2b3baaa961a09ca0db.jpg

Brilliance leaving:

32204b26999c854a2e26e3c659e9db54.jpg

fb898b822098b4321abf918369a96611.jpg5ad23f52178aaf5014b03846cf2cdabb.jpg

It was good! I think next time for me get a lower hump and lower cost.

Have a nice time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk