Red Ginger on Sirena

Paulchili

"If you believe the marketing language in the brochures, when it comes to itineraries, the audience is a well traveled, discerning group who looks for innovative itineraries and ground-breaking ports of call."

Gee, are you saying us Kettles here in the Midwest aren't those things?

Actually, you missed the point of my post. People who cruise Oceania ARE well traveled. And if that's so, why does Oceania reverse itself and develop recipes that are dumbed down to some hypothetical middle of the road palate.

Actually, you missed the point of my post. People who cruise Oceania ARE well traveled. And if that's so, why does Oceania reverse itself and develop recipes that are dumbed down to some hypothetical middle of the road palate.

Glad you cleared that up, when you posted the statement below I apparently incorrectly assumed that the second demographic group mentioned was in conflict with the first.

"I wonder how Oceania reconciles its conflicting target demographic. If you believe the marketing language in the brochures, when it comes to itineraries, the audience is a well traveled, discerning group who looks for innovative itineraries and ground-breaking ports of call.

When it comes to the food on the plate, the base audience is bland, unadventurous Mr. and Mrs. Middle America. Some of this apparent conflict may be the outgrowth of cruising.

Cruisers generally do not eat meals on land, even on overnight port calls. That could allow Mr. and Mrs. Middle America the opportunity to see exotic places while never challenging their taste buds."

Edited by ORV

I love it.....

Reading how O is for the well travelled, discerning, accomplished, beautiful traveler... AND of course if you sail....that would be YOU. Oh why yes ...of course that would be me!!!!!

This same line is used to attract like flies the general public to Watches,Hotels, Houses, Cars,....... you name it.... Blowing smoke up the southern portions of ones anatomy is a time honored technique to appeal to egos...

We here in the left coast don't think we have any special better taste than folks in anywhere else. We do have not an edge but an opportunity afforded by large ethnic influx groups who set up restaurants that gives the new arrivals stuff cooked like they did it back in the "old Country".

The new and old arrivals don't like the food in the new region as well as the cuisine they came from. We who live near these ethnic food places get to try very different takes, such as may not be possible in other areas of as heavy population. Variety from the structured food we normally eat.

But hey, why are we even talking about O's kitchens and ships, or those of Regent, Crystal as well !!! Haven't you seen the new release of cruise critics award??????? That the most luxurious, finest dining, best service and #1 ship in the entire world is that wonderful Pacific Princess...... What have we missed... You all should read the accolades that are being piled on this finest of the finest luxury ships...... It must be true....I mean could they beautiful,well traveled, cultured,tastfull people.. like their ad's say....... It must be true.....I know you can only print the truth or post it on the internet!!! Right

I love it.....

Reading how O is for the well travelled, discerning, accomplished, beautiful traveler... AND of course if you sail....that would be YOU. Oh why yes ...of course that would be me!!!!!

This same line is used to attract like flies the general public to Watches,Hotels, Houses, Cars,....... you name it.... Blowing smoke up the southern portions of ones anatomy is a time honored technique to appeal to egos...

We here in the left coast don't think we have any special better taste than folks in anywhere else. We do have not an edge but an opportunity afforded by large ethnic influx groups who set up restaurants that gives the new arrivals stuff cooked like they did it back in the "old Country".

The new and old arrivals don't like the food in the new region as well as the cuisine they came from. We who live near these ethnic food places get to try very different takes, such as may not be possible in other areas of as heavy population. Variety from the structured food we normally eat.

But hey, why are we even talking about O's kitchens and ships, or those of Regent, Crystal as well !!! Haven't you seen the new release of cruise critics award??????? That the most luxurious, finest dining, best service and #1 ship in the entire world is that wonderful Pacific Princess...... What have we missed... You all should read the accolades that are being piled on this finest of the finest luxury ships...... It must be true....I mean could they beautiful,well traveled, cultured,tastfull people.. like their ad's say....... It must be true.....I know you can only print the truth or post it on the internet!!! Right

ROTFL

Jancruz1

It also kills my interest in travelling on the Sirena. I hope this isn't the forerunner of changes to all the smaller Oceania ships.

I would think it is just that forerunner since they have likeed keeping all the small ships equal up until now,

I for one could live without ever seeing the sweet sea bass on any menu again!

While I personally do not care for this change, it will not eliminate my interest in sailing on Sirena. I'm certainly not cancelling our October 2016 cruise because of it. We just will continue our usual pattern of avoiding RG ... but we'll be lunching in the GDR even more often than we already do.

Mura