Captain's Club moving up a level while on a cruise.

Tangocherie

My first cruise with Celebrity in my cabin were a selection of vouchers allegedly given to those of "elite status".

I have a second cruise booked, sadly the suite level I wanted was booked out. What level vouchers should I expect given that a single cruise already has me at select and coming close to elite?

Points are added about 10 days AFTER you complete the cruise. You do not change tier mid cruise. Of course, people my have experienced a host who bends the rules.... but that is the official line.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Are you an official?

The only thing I was able to accomplish was when we were getting to Elite after the first cruise of a b2b. I made sure to bring any documentation with me when we first got on the ship and spoke to the CC host. She agreed to make sure that our seapass card said Elite status for the second cruise. That's the best you're able to do. Sorry 'bout that.

If you are on the first leg of b2b a point away from say Elite Plus you will be Elite for that entire cruise and once completed you will then be Elite Plus. You will need to speak to the CC Host(ess) on the second cruise if you are still down as Elite. They can check your points. This is the way it's always been. No daily accrual of points to move you mid-cruise.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Ask whom? As I mentioned, Captain's Club was non committal, thus my enquiry here. I will be sailing on the 12/11/2015 sailing of the Equinox. If I succeed, I will keep my fellow CC members informed.;)

my guess would be to ask the Captain's Club concierge.

if they say no then demand to see the Captain and ask him.

if he says no then call Lee Moreau.

if she says no then ask Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.

if she says no then ask the board of directors.

Let us know how it works out!

Edited by Nachosdelux
adios Michael Bayley

Ask whom? As I mentioned, Captain's Club was non committal, thus my enquiry here. I will be sailing on the 12/11/2015 sailing of the Equinox. If I succeed, I will keep my fellow CC members informed.;)

You should also understand that Celebrity's customer service is not known for their accuracy, chances are you will get and you did get a better answer here.

We were going to be a mere 3 points :eek: away from Elite for our Panama Canal cruise - so I booked us on a 3 nighter in Concierge to cover the gap. I've been on CC long enough that I've seen this asked more than a couple of times. Every person has come back to say that they will not move you.

This what we did. We took a short 5 day cruise so we would be elite on a 23 day South American cruise. Incidentlly, I tried to use the elite departure lounge on the last day of the short cruise - no luck.

Some cruisers just don't like the answers that are offered.

Points are posted AFTER the cruise has been completed. It takes about 2 weeks to be posted.

I don't understand why you suggest that I am being bad hearted about any of the answers received. Please, do not attempt to presume anything about my feelings. I just think you're trying to stir the pot! By the way, the issue is not such a big deal now that we have included beverage packages, etc.

I believe Cruise Critic is a great source of information. Let's try to keep it that way and keep our postings civil.:)

Edited by Tangocherie