Captain's Club moving up a level while on a cruise.

Tangocherie

I am 7 points short of Elite level in the Captain's Club. My next cruise is a 10 dayer. It would take me less than 3 days to acquire those seven points while aboard the ship. I was hoping the Captain's Club host would be able to move me up to Elite during the cruise.

Has anyone ever been able to do this? Thanks.:)

It has always been my understanding that you do not receive any additional points until the cruise is completed therefore I would doubt it. As least that has always been the case for us. You could always ask the CC host and you might receive some of the benefits as something special without actually moving

you up.

Good luck and congratulations.

As others have said points are not added until the end of the cruise but if I was you I would have a chat to the CC host, perhaps ask if you could be invited to one of the evening cocktail party events, to see what you can expect next cruise...hopefully, they will at least invite you once!

We go to Elite plus next cruise but I am not sure the additional benefits are even worth chatting to the host about. It is the step to Elite that gives you the most useful perks. We have enjoyed some lovely Elite events over the years, we hope you enjoy yours.

Hope you have a great cruise....

As others have said points are not added until the end of the cruise but if I was you I would have a chat to the CC host, perhaps ask if you could be invited to one of the evening cocktail party events, to see what you can expect next cruise...hopefully, they will at least invite you once!

We go to Elite plus next cruise but I am not sure the additional benefits are even worth chatting to the host about. It is the step to Elite that gives you the most useful perks. We have enjoyed some lovely Elite events over the years, we hope you enjoy yours.

Hope you have a great cruise....

The policy is very clear. The OP will not be entitled to the Elite perks until the next cruise. I wouldn't ask the Host/Hostess for an exception!

You do get much more as an Elite +. More Internet minutes, more laundry, Specialty teas and some specialty coffees.

Think about it: If the system worked the way some people seem to want, i.e. points awarded every day, then everyone on the ship would be eligible for the Club events starting on the first morning after sailaway.

:confused::rolleyes:

Easy solution to this. Make up an excuse(I enjoy using the 3rd Wednesday of the month excuse myself) and just go on a 4 day on the Connie to the Bahamas in an inside. Who doesn't enjoy a little getaway and you get to the next level![emoji2]

I am 7 points short of Elite level in the Captain's Club. My next cruise is a 10 dayer. It would take me less than 3 days to acquire those seven points while aboard the ship. I was hoping the Captain's Club host would be able to move me up to Elite during the cruise.

Sorry. It doesn't work that way.

I "spoke from experience". No one has done this, because even if you ask the CC hostess on board, as I did...she will not move you up mid cruise, nor allow you "to try out" an Eliite event. No exceptions to the official rules.

We were going to be a mere 3 points :eek: away from Elite for our Panama Canal cruise - so I booked us on a 3 nighter in Concierge to cover the gap. I've been on CC long enough that I've seen this asked more than a couple of times. Every person has come back to say that they will not move you.

Rule is firm and any CC onboard host allowing Elite lounge entry (for example) would be perhaps opening a Pandora's Box.

However given points now accure on a per day basis in lieu of previously on a per cruise basis perhaps it would be a nice touch for Celebrity to offically allow CC members who obtain Elite Status during the course of a cruise entrance to the CC Elite Lounge (or vouchers).

It would be a nice way to welcome them to Elite.

All other benefits to be made available at completion of the cruise.

Thank you all for your answers. However, all the responses have only given the "official" rule. No one has spoken from experience. Once again, has anyone done this?

If you want to move up for the 10 day cruise, then go on a short cruise beforehand. We did that.

Points are posted AFTER the cruise has ended. I had asked that question.

The reason I asked is that when I called Captain's Club, I was told there is no guarantee this adjustment could happen on board, but it has happened in the past... Inquiring minds...;)

In that case you might as well ask.

I am in same "boat"

Let us know if it works out.

When is the cruise?

Edited by Nachosdelux

In that case you might as well ask.

I am in same "boat"

Let us know if it works out.

When is the cruise?

Ask whom? As I mentioned, Captain's Club was non committal, thus my enquiry here. I will be sailing on the 12/11/2015 sailing of the Equinox. If I succeed, I will keep my fellow CC members informed.;)

Edited by Tangocherie

Talk about opening a Pandora's Box!

Say I'm a Preview member. I will be Classic after the first night of my cruise.

I want my complimentary Gelato!

Or, I'm a Classic member and will be Select after the second night of my cruise.

I want 25% off my internet package, complimentary pressing of 2 garment items and want to attend the Senior Officer's Cocktail Party.

Or, I'm Select and will be Elite after the third night of my cruise. I want to be invited to the Elite evening social hour, the 90 minute free internet, etc. etc.

Where do they draw the line?

I can just imagine what it would be like for the CC Host if they moved people to the next level while still on the cruise. I've been on cruises, especially TAs, where there were over 1000 CC members. How many of them should have moved to the next level during the cruise? Who would keep the daily record? Would they need to change Seapass cards? I can see passengers just lining up to see the Host to make sure they got what they earned. When would the CC Host even have time for the CC Events that already keep them busy? This program was designed to contain cost of the loyalty program. Too many were reaching Elite too quickly. They are not going to make changes that would result in higher costs to Celebrity.

The current system is working and it should remain as it is.

Rule is firm and any CC onboard host allowing Elite lounge entry (for example) would be perhaps opening a Pandora's Box.

However given points now accure on a per day basis in lieu of previously on a per cruise basis perhaps it would be a nice touch for Celebrity to offically allow CC members who obtain Elite Status during the course of a cruise entrance to the CC Elite Lounge (or vouchers).

It would be a nice way to welcome them to Elite.

All other benefits to be made available at completion of the cruise.

Nacosdelux, you see me chastised. However, as KillerP mentions in post #15, points are now accrued on a per day basis. I was wondering if this made a difference?

You may actually be wrong about the statement that points accure on a daily basis. In fact I believe points do not accure, but in fact are given at the end of the cruise based on the number of days/cabin category. A significant difference IMO. From experience I can assure you that the points do not show on your account until after the cruise is complete.

IMO you asked a very valid and logical question. I can understand why you would not like the answer.

Edited by jagoffee

I will be select a few days into my next cruise. I rang CC last week and the very helpful chap I spoke to confirmed that the points are added AFTER the cruise. He also suggested that I ring again on my return to confirm that the points have been added.