Suggestions for Ft Lauderdale hotel...possibly a Hilton property

crazyboutdisney

I am looking for a hotel for one night pre cruise in Ft Lauderdale for March. Interested in a Hilton property but not a must. We will need transportation to the port so that is a consideration. And close to somewhere I can get my pop fix to carry on the ship lol

We will be coming from from Miami Airport so airport shuttle is not important.

Thanks!!!

I wasn't happy with the Hilton Garden Inn in June. They don't air-condition the interior corridors in what is clearly an "indoor" hotel , which results in everything being sticky. The rooms obviously aren't weatherproofed for it, so even though the room a/c works it can't clear the humidity. Maybe the system was temporarily broken, but I saw the issue mentioned in another review prior to my stay. It's also not good for nearby shopping, smack in the middle of the Florida kind of urban sprawl (meaning nothing walkable without crossing major highways).

Hilton Marina is a short walk to Walgreens.

Embassy Suites is a short walk to Publix.

There is a very nice Renaissance (Marriott) across the street from Walgreens.

Hyatt Place is between Publix and CVS and you might be able to get a great deal there on Value Trips.

All are about a $10 taxi to port.

I would also go with Embassy Suites...Try pricing it on

www.lmtclub.com

Always get the best pricing on this website. They usually offer free membership..just go through the signup process.

Publix market and shopping/dining (love Duffy's) right behind hotel and a taxi cab is usually around $12.00 from FLL and from hotel to Port Everglades. Great buffet breakfast and comp. evening magagers happy hour.

Enjoy !

One of the most recommend hotels on this board is Embassy Suites so that would be my recommendation having stayed there several times. It's good for a one or two night stay. The location is nice and it has that nice breakfast in the morning. It is in walking distance of restaurants and the like.

Keith

Since you are coming from MIA I'd suggest a rental car that can be dropped off near the port. Then you can be shuttled to Port Everglades the morning of your cruise. There is a "new" Conrad opening up directly on the beach that looks great. Even with lmtclub the rates for the hotels on 17th street can be more expensive than the cost of a rental car and a hotel further from the port. There are many Hampton Inns around South Florida.

I booked the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port on 8/29 after my cruise. They offer free shuttle to Port Everglades and FLL. I am doing the opposite of you, flying to FLL the day before our cruise and leaving POM. Using Jiffy Jeff to shuttle us to Miami Hampton Bricknell. I plan to review when I return. So excited!

I am looking for a hotel for one night pre cruise in Ft Lauderdale for March. Interested in a Hilton property but not a must. We will need transportation to the port so that is a consideration. And close to somewhere I can get my pop fix to carry on the ship lol

We will be coming from from Miami Airport so airport shuttle is not important.

Thanks!!!

The Hilton Diplomat in Holywood (previously the Westin Diplomat).

Take a taxi from the hotel to port. Hotels with transfer "offers" equates to a bun fight for places.

I booked the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port on 8/29 after my cruise. They offer free shuttle to Port Everglades and FLL. I am doing the opposite of you, flying to FLL the day before our cruise and leaving POM. Using Jiffy Jeff to shuttle us to Miami Hampton Bricknell. I plan to review when I return. So excited!

I will check this out! Thanks and have a great cruise!

I spent an entire afternoon this week researching the FLL hotels and have settled on Fort Lauderdale Hampton--Plantation. The advantages for me were free shuttle from airport and to Port Everglades, plus plenty of good restaurants and places to shop for cruise needs like wine within easy walking distance (I'll be there for two nights and by myself so that was important.) Bonus was they only require 30K Hilton points per night!

Does anyone know if the Hampton Inn Plantation, Embassy Suites on 17th, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites or Hyatt Place on 17th - offers free parking during the cruise? We have a car but want to leave it at our hotel while we are on the cruise and we will get a taxi to the port to save shuttle fees (4 people ) so no worries about transportation.

Thanks for any help!

Holly :D

Edited by gandh621

Does anyone know if the Hampton Inn Plantation, Embassy Suites on 17th, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites or Hyatt Place on 17th - offers free parking during the cruise? We have a car but want to leave it at our hotel while we are on the cruise and we will get a taxi to the port to save shuttle fees (4 people ) so no worries about transportation.

Thanks for any help!

Doubtful that any of them have "free parking" (especially the Embassy Suites which charges for parking nightly as it is). I'm sure a couple of them will have a package deal where they will include parking, but it won't be the same price as the cheapest option you find for that particular hotel. Usually there is a menu option on each site labeled something like "view all packages for this room" or something similar.

I spent an entire afternoon this week researching the FLL hotels and have settled on Fort Lauderdale Hampton--Plantation. The advantages for me were free shuttle from airport and to Port Everglades, plus plenty of good restaurants and places to shop for cruise needs like wine within easy walking distance (I'll be there for two nights and by myself so that was important.) Bonus was they only require 30K Hilton points per night!

Do you happen to know what time the shuttle leaves for the port? Trying to decide shuttle or taxi. I like to arrive,at Port early

Thanks for any help!

I think that Springhill, Homewood, and Fairfield still offer free long term parking. Check with the hotels directly. Hampton Plantation and Hyatt Place used to offer it; I think they now do it for a fee. Plantation is probably a $35 cab ride each way so you'd be better off using Park n Go at the port; the others are much closer.

If you're willing to look outside the Hilton family, the Hyatt Place is right by the Embassy Suites, and it can be booked for your date through Value Trips for $195 + tax per night. There is also a Holiday Inn Express just across 17th Street in the same general vicinity.