Cancelled cruises: Post your new itinerary here.

KyleClark

NCL took care of me. I was on a canceled Epic sailing and am now on a price protected Spirit sailing around the same time.

So even if you were told yesterday that this could not happen and were quoted a crazy price, try again today and if not today tomorrow. There is hope.

I can't tell you how much this means to me that I am now sailing on a similar cruise and similar dates and that NCL stepped up and did what was right. I have a new appreciation for this company after what they did for me today.

I don't know what the ports are, but I have been given confirmation of the switch and the only extra I am paying is a tad more in port fees, which the $100 extra obc will easily cover.

Just got off the phone with NCL. Waiting on hold about 20 minutes and was on with rep for about 30 minutes.

I had booked EPIC for Thanksgiving week 2016 out of Barcelona and it was cancelled. They offered me Sept or Oct 2016 but I can't do that because I am a school teacher and my children, who were also traveling with us, are also in school. We are off the week of Thanksgiving so I am limited to that week or the summer.

The only ship over there over that week is the Spirit and it is an 11 day and she would not price protect me. We then looked at Escape or Getaway for Thanksgiving week but they would both cost me about 2k more. I was then frustrated and asked if I could just stay on the Epic the same week I am currently booked, same room, at the same price and she put me on hold for about 10 minutes and came back and said no it would be an additional $1200 for the same week, same ship, same room out of Port Canaveral vs Barcelona.

I then had to wave the white flag and ask to cancel. SOOOOO disappointed:(

I am going to check out MSC for Europe cruises I guess since RC and CCL are not over there that time of year.

Just got off the phone with NCL. Waiting on hold about 20 minutes and was on with rep for about 30 minutes.

I had booked EPIC for Thanksgiving week 2016 out of Barcelona and it was cancelled. They offered me Sept or Oct 2016 but I can't do that because I am a school teacher and my children, who were also traveling with us, are also in school. We are off the week of Thanksgiving so I am limited to that week or the summer.

The only ship over there over that week is the Spirit and it is an 11 day and she would not price protect me. We then looked at Escape or Getaway for Thanksgiving week but they would both cost me about 2k more. I was then frustrated and asked if I could just stay on the Epic the same week I am currently booked, same room, at the same price and she put me on hold for about 10 minutes and came back and said no it would be an additional $1200 for the same week, same ship, same room out of Port Canaveral vs Barcelona.

I then had to wave the white flag and ask to cancel. SOOOOO disappointed:(

I am going to check out MSC for Europe cruises I guess since RC and CCL are not over there that time of year.

I'm so sorry. It may just be the agent you speak to? I never spoke to anyone at NCL, just thru my TA who is probably dealing with different NCL agents. I know the Spirit is sailing on the 17th and 28th of November, 2016. Might want to try just one more time before throwing in the towel. I was about to say forget it to the whole thing today but then it worked out. Good luck with whatever your plans end up.

We were originally booked on the Star sailing out of Tampa on January 22nd 2017. Our UK TA has today confirmed the transfer of our cruise booking to the Jade, February 5th 2017 sailing. As this date fell within the 'protected' booking window all of our original perks and fare transferred across. We are in an SF aft penthouse and got an extra $100 OBC for our inconvenience :).

We are happy with our cruise as it really just meant a change of ship and the date change didn't matter to us this far out but I really feel for those who haven't got a protected cruise offer that works for them.

Norwegian Jade Western Caribbean Itinerary 7 night sailings

February 5th sailing

5th Feb 17 - Tampa

6th Feb 17 - At Sea

7th Feb 17 - Cozumel

8th Feb 17 - Costa Maya

9th Feb 17 - Roatan

10th Feb 17 - Harvest Caye

11th Feb 17 - At Sea

12th Feb 17 - Tampa

Edited by CC71

My TA was able to rebook my canceled Spirit Cruise that was scheduled for Easter Caribbean April 2017 for Spring break to Epic Thanksgiving cruise for Western Caribbean. Would have preferred Eastern itinerary but I am very happy. They were able to move my sisters family right next door to me.

Firstprincess, when you say thanksgiving cruise, which dates are you speaking about? Ncl told me holidays were excluded

We were originally on the March, 2017 Sun, South American itinerary-14 day. Now we're booked on Jan 6, 2017, same ship and basically same itinerary but 15 day-Price protected and same amenities.

We may switch to another itinerary (thinking full transit Panama Canal) when the 2017 schedule for those appear.

In the meantime, we've got this and glad it was my TA and not me sitting on the phone with NCL!

I had a spring break cruise billed already. They switched mine to November 19, 2016. The week of Thanksgiving at the price protected rate. I was allowed to do this because they blocked out the Aril cruise on the Epic so I was not able to rebook the same week. I think when thy say holiday they mean Christmas and New Years weeks. They did not blink an eye when I asked for the Thanksgiving cruise.

Finally Success!!!!

I was booked on Jade 2016 and only given option of sail a yr in advance or $50 OBC. Yesterday after 3 hrs I was told NO. Today on advice from Lulu I called my big box P-line and got a new rep who wasn't familiar with the NCL redeployment info so I went into the story and told her exactly what I wanted to book; the Jade Nov 2016 out of Tampa, basically the same cruise. She got through in 5-10 mins and came back on the line chuckling. She said I have a newbie here and she wanted to know what I was offered. So I told my TA, "tell her I was offered price protection!". Ok she said. She comes back on the line with ok she can book you 11/14. I said 2016 or 2015? Oh, she said hold on. Now I'm on hold for about 15 mins, not feeling too positive but She comes back on and says, I GOT it for you!! She had to talk to 4 NCL reps and argue that 2016 was not reasonable and that P-line books more NCL cruises then NCL books (which is probably what changed their minds but who knows) . She said I even got $50 OBC too but $102.12 in taxes. I said I'll take it....but just so you know others got 100 OBC, but I am certainly NOT complaining!!!!hooray!!!!

Keep trying don't give up, word is out there and they are coming around. Maybe they had enough cancel their cruises so they can now honor the deep discounts they offered originally.

Although I'm disappointed at the way we were treated, I am happy with the outcome and I now feel like I can enjoy my Escape cruise. Thank you to all who supported me plans others during this stressful process.

Good luck to the rest of you!!! Don't take No for an answer!

This is in response to a specific question asked by bjcruiser regarding my experience in moving from the cancelled Jan 2017 Spirit to a Jan 2017 Epic cruise:

I booked directly with NCL, using one of its Personal Cruise Consultants. I did not book through a TA. I called the number listed on an email that was sent directly to me by NCL. There is a group of people at NCL headquarters that have authority that goes beyond that of an NCL PCC.

Redoing my booking took longer than it should have due to computer glitches (which hopefully have been fixed). I am extremely impressed with how NCL handled my requests -- and believe me, I did not expect to walk away happy.

I had a spring break cruise billed already. They switched mine to November 19, 2016. The week of Thanksgiving at the price protected rate. I was allowed to do this because they blocked out the Aril cruise on the Epic so I was not able to rebook the same week. I think when thy say holiday they mean Christmas and New Years weeks. They did not blink an eye when I asked for the Thanksgiving cruise.

Sorry, which ship and itinerary are you sailing November 19, 2016?

Looks like you are saying Epic.

Finally Success!!!!

I was booked on Jade 2016 and only given option of sail a yr in advance or $50 OBC. Yesterday after 3 hrs I was told NO. Today on advice from Lulu I called my big box P-line and got a new rep who wasn't familiar with the NCL redeployment info so I went into the story and told her exactly what I wanted to book; the Jade Nov 2016 out of Tampa, basically the same cruise. She got through in 5-10 mins and came back on the line chuckling. She said I have a newbie here and she wanted to know what I was offered. So I told my TA, "tell her I was offered price protection!". Ok she said. She comes back on the line with ok she can book you 11/14. I said 2016 or 2015? Oh, she said hold on. Now I'm on hold for about 15 mins, not feeling too positive but She comes back on and says, I GOT it for you!! She had to talk to 4 NCL reps and argue that 2016 was not reasonable and that P-line books more NCL cruises then NCL books (which is probably what changed their minds but who knows) . She said I even got $50 OBC too but $102.12 in taxes. I said I'll take it....but just so you know others got 100 OBC, but I am certainly NOT complaining!!!!hooray!!!!

Keep trying don't give up, word is out there and they are coming around. Maybe they had enough cancel their cruises so they can now honor the deep discounts they offered originally.

Although I'm disappointed at the way we were treated, I am happy with the outcome and I now feel like I can enjoy my Escape cruise. Thank you to all who supported me plans others during this stressful process.

I am SO happy you did not give up and got what they should have agreed to give you in the first place. Hopefully the same will hold true for others in your position.

CXL: Epic March 1 2017 (B2B 10 + 11 =) 21 day W/Med and Canaries booked during that crazy perks weekend last January (KSF/UDP/UDP).

PCC called today, suggesting I talk to redeployment team as after a staff meeting over lunch hour she found out that she herself couldn't redeploy anything and she said she was surprised (!). Reading along here, I was expecting as much, but now that I finally have a decent PCC I was awaiting her instruction.

She transferred me and I spent 25 minutes on hold, followed by another 40 with the new agent.

PCC suggestion was to ask to switch to Spirit --same month, similar itinerary-- and lean on them to honour perks. Spirit was a non-starter as they have no cabins to sleep four. So NOTE: if you're on Epic Med and you want to switch to Spirit and you are LESS than four, this appears to be on offer.

BOOKED: 21 Day Hong Kong to Sydney, January 2017.

Net $350 more: $600 - $250 OBC.

KSF/UBP/UDP honoured. Well, UDP doesn't exist, but a full cruise of SDP. Forewarned is forearmed: to say that I was persistent/insistent would be like saying that on our sea days we might glimpse the ocean. If you want your perks honoured, you're in for a nightwatchman's slog.

Now I need to convince the rest of my party that they don't want to go to Canaries. I think I'll start by telling them that we're not talking about about little talking birds, but big barking dogs.

Who knows, might cxl. I think I did the best I could.

Edited by Shawnino
typo

KSF/UBP/UDP honoured. Well, UDP doesn't exist, but a full cruise of SDP. Forewarned is forearmed: to say that I was persistent/insistent would be like saying that on our sea days we might glimpse the ocean. If you want your perks honoured, you're in for a nightwatchman's slog.

Now I need to convince the rest of my party that they don't want to go to Canaries. I think I'll start by telling them that we're not talking about about little talking birds, but big barking dogs.

That sounds like an exciting trip. Not remotely similar to what you booked, but exciting. Way to put up the good fight for the perks.

CXL: Epic March 1 2017 (B2B 10 + 11 =) 21 day W/Med and Canaries booked during that crazy perks weekend last January (KSF/UDP/UDP).

PCC called today, suggesting I talk to redeployment team as after a staff meeting over lunch hour she found out that she herself couldn't redeploy anything and she said she was surprised (!). Reading along here, I was expecting as much, but now that I finally have a decent PCC I was awaiting her instruction.

She transferred me and I spent 25 minutes on hold, followed by another 40 with the new agent.

PCC suggestion was to ask to switch to Spirit --same month, similar itinerary-- and lean on them to honour perks. Spirit was a non-starter as they have no cabins to sleep four. So NOTE: if you're on Epic Med and you want to switch to Spirit and you are LESS than four, this appears to be on offer.

That is awesome. I think that January sale was the best one I have ever seen, especially on the Epic med. I remember kicking myself when I didn't book it. How nice that you can now use that best sale ever on such an exotic and one of a kind itinerary. I hope you talk your party into switching so you can keep such an incredible deal on such an exciting itinerary.

So very nice to see these boards lighting up with success stories.

Finally Success!!!!

Don't feel bad about the $50. It was $50 for regular stateroom and $100 for suite. I think the folks reporting $100 were booked in a suite. I was on the Jade this summer B2B med and I loved it.

Finally Success!!!!

I'm glad it worked out for you.

I can't stress enough the bolded part I emphasised.

It shouldn't have to be this way, and I pity the people who don't know about CC and similar sites. This really does seem to be a squeaky-wheel-gets-the-grease deal and that's unfortunate.

I guess we're just diligent and fortunate enough to have the time to sit on hold.

How did you do? How was your experience doing this?

My TA was on hold for 4.5 hours yesterday....and never got through. TA called back today and got through right away.

I went from a January 2017 cruise of the western Caribbean on the Spirit, to a February 2017 cruise of the western Caribbean on the Epic. (I could have picked the same week in January...but then I would have had an eastern Caribbean cruise, and the ports were more important to me than the dates).

The ports are: Port Canaveral, FL; Cozumel; Grand Cayman; Ocho Rios; and Great Stirrup Cay.

My cruise is priced the same...but the port fees/taxes are $15 more per person. And we kept our promotions that we booked (UBP and KSF in one cabin, and $200 OBC in the other cabin).

The only thing we lost (so far, I'm calling back tomorrow when a NCL manager is available to see if anything can be done) is we used to have 2 connecting balcony cabins, now we have 2 cabins next door to each other.

Overall, I'm happy with the change.

I tried calling today at 4:45 p.m. and I held for about 20 minutes.

Amanda took my call and we worked to find a resolution for my cancelled cruise and I have rebooked.

I was originally booked on the Jade out of Houston February 18, 2017 in a forward penthouse. Three ports. Great amenities booked on April Fool's Day, 2015.

We are now booked on the Jade out of Tampa, February 19, 2017 in a forward penthouse. Four ports. Same great amenities. Since we are in a suite we received the $100 OBC.

The fare? Since we did not take option 1 which had been to move the cruise originally booked up a full year it was not price protected. Oh well, did not care because the new fare came out less than the original fare by about $35.

Instead of flying Dallas > Houston we will fly Dallas > Tampa on Southwest. The increase in airfare is a couple hundred bucks and we can net out the $135 from OBC and cheaper fare.

Best case scenario for us. Looking forward to all the perks included, our suite perks and my platinum perks. Looking forward to buying spa passes and hanging out in there a lot. Calgon, take me away.

Hang in there everybody.

Edited by DMH15

Don't feel bad about the $50. It was $50 for regular stateroom and $100 for suite. I think the folks reporting $100 were booked in a suite. I was on the Jade this summer B2B med and I loved it.

Oh suites, that makes sense. I'm not feeling bad about the $50, I'm super happy that I finally got what should have been offered to begin with. Now I have to get the rest of our travel party to have success with rebooking, but they don't have a big box TA fighting for them so I'm worried for them.

Shawnino. You are 100% right, it shouldn't have been this hard and we shouldn't have had to fight for what is right, NCL should've made this pain free but they didn't. I really don't know why they would risk upsetting so many customers? At least for me it's over and I can move on.

For those of you still working on this, keep at it and you WILL get what deserve. Let us know how you all make out!

We were originally on the March, 2017 Sun, South American itinerary-14 day. Now we're booked on Jan 6, 2017, same ship and basically same itinerary but 15 day-Price protected and same amenities.

We may switch to another itinerary (thinking full transit Panama Canal) when the 2017 schedule for those appear.

In the meantime, we've got this and glad it was my TA and not me sitting on the phone with NCL!

The SA cruises are now up? I called yesterday and the cruises were not showing. We were on the Jan 26, 2017 cruise.- Buenos Aires to Santiago. I shall call back tomorrow, thank you. I think we will book Jan 21, 2017, Santiago to Buenos Aires.

Also many thanks to all who answered my off topic question about 9076 on the Sun.

I tried calling today at 4:45 p.m. and I held for about 20 minutes.

Amanda took my call and we worked to find a resolution for my cancelled cruise and I have rebooked.

I was originally booked on the Jade out of Houston February 18, 2017 in a forward penthouse. Three ports. Great amenities booked on April Fool's Day, 2015.

We are now booked on the Jade out of Tampa, February 19, 2017 in a forward penthouse. Four ports. Same great amenities. Since we are in a suite we received the $100 OBC.

The fare? Since we did not take option 1 which had been to move the cruise originally booked up a full year it was not price protected. Oh well, did not care because the new fare came out less than the original fare by about $35.

Instead of flying Dallas > Houston we will fly Dallas > Tampa on Southwest. The increase in airfare is a couple hundred bucks and we can net out the $135 from OBC and cheaper fare.

Best case scenario for us. Looking forward to all the perks included, our suite perks and my platinum perks. Looking forward to buying spa passes and hanging out in there a lot. Calgon, take me away.

Hang in there everybody.

Awesome! Congrats!

To anyone who rebooked with fare protection - be careful to check your new pricing. I ended up having to call back today as we were mistakenly booked at current fares (almost $1500 more total!). I had been told to give them "time to manually change things", but the girl I spoke with today said that she had personally taken care of multiple rebookings that had been booked that way, as well.

Just a heads up!

The SA cruises are now up? I called yesterday and the cruises were not showing. We were on the Jan 26, 2017 cruise.- Buenos Aires to Santiago. I shall call back tomorrow, thank you. I think we will book Jan 21, 2017, Santiago to Buenos Aires.

Also many thanks to all who answered my off topic question about 9076 on the Sun.

Some NCL Reps can see/book more things than others.

I finally have a good PCC and she asked me to keep her informed of what I was finally able to get as replacement. Informed her, and she wrote back that the Asian itinerary I booked was the first one she'd seen, since she could now see the reservation in my account.

PCcs are pretty far down the food chain on this particular topic.