Pacific Coastal Cruises 2016

fsdj1097

We want to plan a short 3-4 cruise next September(2016) along the Pacific coast - Vancouver to San Diego.

I do not see them listed on the HAL website at this time.

Does anyone know approximately when those cruises are normally listed on the HAL site?

Thanks, in advance, for your replies.

We've done several, and looking back at our last one, I see that our roll call started 11 months out from the cruise. I do believe that's close to when the Pacific Coastals showed up HAL's website. Our cruise was last September.

You aren't alone in watching, unfortunately they take awhile. :)

We did the San Diego to Vancouver trip this year, and I was surprised at how little information was available regarding anything on the trip, since it is a short one-off. The people here were very helpful in letting me know what to expect.

I reviewed it on my blog if you want to take a peek... you can see the daily programs and menus and such...

I think HAL has to wait since some people may book to go all the way to the end on these cruises. They need to gage it before they can offer it as the pacific coastal Just a semi-guess on my part.

Highly unlikely, but IF everyone who booked went all the way, there would be no Pacific Coastal to offer. I know that doesn't happen but they can't offer the cruise until they know what cabins are available I would think.

I think HAL has to wait since some people may book to go all the way to the end on these cruises. They need to gage it before they can offer it as the pacific coastal Just a semi-guess on my part.

Highly unlikely, but IF everyone who booked went all the way, there would be no Pacific Coastal to offer. I know that doesn't happen but they can't offer the cruise until they know what cabins are available I would think.

I think you care correct, kazu. HAL doesn't even have the Spring 2016 Pacific Coastal cruises up on the website - only September 2015 is showing. And we know several ships reposition for Alaska.

For 2013 sailings, the Pacific Coastal book appeared on the HAL website August 7, 2012. It was the same day in 2013 for the 2014 sailings and for this years sailings, it appeared August 26, 2014.

We have been on all three and continued to Alaska each time.

Should be very soon.

There is some logic in what you said Jacqui. On our first Pacific Coastal cruise in 2011, the highest cabin category we could book was a Signature Suite GTY. Very few passengers disembarked in San Diego. In August 2012, we were able to book a Neptune Suite for the 2013 cruise, and the following two years we were able to book Pinnacle Suites and continue in the same cabin for the Alaskan cruises. There were many cabin types available for this past May Pacific Coastal cruise on the Noordam.

Edited by kjw869

We did the San Diego to Vancouver trip this year, and I was surprised at how little information was available regarding anything on the trip, since it is a short one-off. The people here were very helpful in letting me know what to expect.

I reviewed it on my blog if you want to take a peek... you can see the daily programs and menus and such...

Just read your blog. Thanks for the info. Good little review!

...HAL doesn't even have the Spring 2016 Pacific Coastal cruises up on the website - only September 2015 is showing. And we know several ships reposition for Alaska.

Princess is now booking their coastals into 2017 :(. I generally do one coastal per year, and would prefer to book on HAL next time. I do need to plan far in advance, though, so will probably go with Princess again.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

Princess is now booking their coastals into 2017 :(. I generally do one coastal per year, and would prefer to book on HAL next time. I do need to plan far in advance, though, so will probably go with Princess again.

Recommend you have your TA call HAL or you call HAL if you want HAL. you never know until you ask and if you take a guarantee cabin, they may be more amenable to a booking.

Recommend you have your TA call HAL or you call HAL if you want HAL. you never know until you ask and if you take a guarantee cabin, they may be more amenable to a booking.

Good point. I tend to assume that if something doesn't show up online that it doesn't exist, so it is always worth a call to find out :).

Good point. I tend to assume that if something doesn't show up online that it doesn't exist, so it is always worth a call to find out :).

Last year we booked our Pacific Coastal two days before it was listed on HAL'S site.

Edited by kjw869

I appreciate your thoughts, ideas, and input.

I have contacted our TA and asked him to contact HAL and see if the Pacific Coastal cruises for 2016 are available, even if they're not listed on the HAL website.

I'll come back and update this thread once I have a response from our TA.

I appreciate your thoughts, ideas, and input.

I have contacted our TA and asked him to contact HAL and see if the Pacific Coastal cruises for 2016 are available, even if they're not listed on the HAL website.

I'll come back and update this thread once I have a response from our TA.

Thank you, I'm interested too. A friend contacted her HAL PCC 1-2 weeks ago and at that time nobody knew anything yet. Hopefully by now that has changed.

• 1 month later...

Another cruiser here who loves doing the Pacific Coastals...my brother lives in Baja so a trip west with a short cruise is perfect. My PCC knows we are waiting for the fall trips to open up...she has promised to let me know...

Thanks for starting this post:):):)

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked this coastal hop on the Niew Amsterdam as a fun mini cruise, and since we love the cities on both ends we'll spend some time there, too. HAL really has ZERO information on the cruise other than the minimal stops. In talking to our HAL personal cruise consultant, it appears there is no formal night, which makes packing easier! And HAL makes no nods toward helping you with lodging prior and post. Or getting back to Seattle from Vancouver. So this is not a cruise for the first time cruiser, unless you're a very brave traveler. Would love feedback from those who have taken this trip.

We have booked this coastal hop on the Niew Amsterdam as a fun mini cruise, and since we love the cities on both ends we'll spend some time there, too. HAL really has ZERO information on the cruise other than the minimal stops. In talking to our HAL personal cruise consultant, it appears there is no formal night, which makes packing easier! And HAL makes no nods toward helping you with lodging prior and post. Or getting back to Seattle from Vancouver. So this is not a cruise for the first time cruiser, unless you're a very brave traveler. Would love feedback from those who have taken this trip.

We will also be on this cruise but continuing on to Alaska. Please join our Roll Call.

There are several options for returning to Seattle from Vancouver. We rent a car at the Vancouver airport and drive back to Seattle. Southwest Airlines prices are dirt cheap if you stay in Seattle and leave on Tuesday. The savings are enough to cover all of the extra days in Seattle.

We are also on this cruise San Diego to Vancouver. We have booked our hotel in San Diego for 2 nights pre-cruise through HAL. After checking out rates we found them to be reasonable so booked with them. We live in Vancouver so are lucky no post cruise hotels or travel. Looking forward to seeing you on the roll call!:)

Jim and Beth, we are on the same cruise, and we've done it many, many times.

You can find lots of info on Amtrak's trains/thruway buses if you Google "Amtrak Vancouver to Seattle." There are several Amtrak buses that leave Pacific Station during the day, and trains that leave in the morning and evening (mornings, 6:30 AM, arriving at 10:55 AM; and evenings, 5:35 PM, arriving at 10:00 PM). From the downtown Seattle train station you will have to take a cab to the airport or catch the Sound Transit light rail that is a couple-block walk from the train station.

You can also take a QuickShuttle bus directly to the Seattle airport. This link will take you to the QuickShuttle website. The bus will pick you up in front of the cruise terminal (which also houses the Pan Pacific Hotel), or other downtown Vancouver hotels (call them to find out which hotels they serve).

Have you checked on the possibility of flying directly from Vancouver? I did a quick check on available flights, and there are many (Delta, American, United and WestJet). I was shocked to see that the cost is close to what we are paying to fly from Vancouver to San Francisco.

Hope this helps. I can also give you some ideas for hotels. See you on the rollcall thread!