Breakaway left 3 passengers in Bermuda today

LrgPizza

This is according to a social media site's page for the Port Bermuda Webcam. They tried to get them to the ship via a tugboat, but it was too rough, so they will be figuring out how to fly home. Big bummer for them!

It's all about being responsible. They are adults and know the rules and its Their own fault for missing the boat not anyone else's.

Now on the other hand if I was going to miss a boat Bermuda would be the one for me.

Now on the other hand if I was going to miss a boat Bermuda would be the one for me.

Bermuda is known for expensive land stay hotels right? That's why the cruises are a popular way of visiting the island? (I am not sure if that was Bermuda)

Not sure if I would enjoy the beauty of Bermuda with expensive walk in hotel rates while trying to arrange emergency IDs, tickets and getting some money for first needs.. ;) :D

Although it has never happened to us I have seen it many times in many ports. I think the worst of it most people have their money, CC and important stuff on the ship so finding your way home could be a challenge.

But that usually happens in ports where the ship is docked just for hours, not at a port they've already been at for days on an island in the middle of no where.

This is according to a social media site's page for the Port Bermuda Webcam. They tried to get them to the ship via a tugboat, but it was too rough, so they will be figuring out how to fly home. Big bummer for them!

WoW 2 weeks in a row! Looks like Miami sez" teach em a lesson " and won't wait with their new time slot.:(

I was watching the webcam yesterday and saw 2 runners (man and woman) running frantically on the pier...Lucky for them they made it on but not without some cheers and jeers from the other fellow passengers watching..lol.

I watched for a few more minutes and at about 3:12pm Bermuda time the gang way was removed. I stopped watching after that. Now I wish I had kept watching!

This was posted: "Two young ladies in their 20s having too much fun at Calico Jacks, the pirate boat, and totally forgot about the time. Mom had to get off the ship and go get them, and by that time the ship was leaving, mom very very mad. Plan to return one hour before departure, taking it to the last minute is not going to do anything for you."

This was posted: "Two young ladies in their 20s having too much fun at Calico Jacks, the pirate boat, and totally forgot about the time. Mom had to get off the ship and go get them, and by that time the ship was leaving, mom very very mad. Plan to return one hour before departure, taking it to the last minute is not going to do anything for you."

Mom is never going to let that go for decades...:eek:

The last thing I said to my DD and SIL on Sunday when I dropped them off at the BA was remember, ship now leaves at 3.00 pm not 5.00 pm make sure your back on board by 2.00 pm. I don't want to be watching you on the webcam standing on the dock as the ship pulls out!

I hope NCL was very obvious with announcements and not just a sign at the exit that the time had changed. Many people will have been planning on a 5PM departure and if you're not aware of a change, you're not going to go looking for it in the dailies.

I know people are responsible for themselves, I would like to hear from someone on the ship if they made announcements about it as well?

We were on the Breakaway Bermuda cruise-Aug. 9. Many announcements, in Daily, the ship people where you have to use your card to get on and off. Even the stewards who were cleaning rooms reminding us as we were walking up and down the hallways.

Plenty of "warnings"

The last thing I said to my DD and SIL on Sunday when I dropped them off at the BA was remember, ship now leaves at 3.00 pm not 5.00 pm make sure your back on board by 2.00 pm. I don't want to be watching you on the webcam standing on the dock as the ship pulls out!

What is a DD, SIL, and BA?

I hope NCL was very obvious with announcements and not just a sign at the exit that the time had changed. Many people will have been planning on a 5PM departure and if you're not aware of a change, you're not going to go looking for it in the dailies.

I know people are responsible for themselves, I would like to hear from someone on the ship if they made announcements about it as well?

Considering that only 3 out of over 4000 people were late I think it's pretty safe to assume the departure time was well publicized. :)

From all reports I have seen over the past few weeks since the implementation of the new departure time it would seem that NCL has been doing a good job of communicating this info to the passengers

Sometimes you need to call it what it is, a lack of personal responsibility. Especially if reports of why they missed the ship are true

Edited by Ontime Departure