Breakaway left 3 passengers in Bermuda today

LrgPizza

QUOTE=SuiteCruiser;47515295]I hope NCL was very obvious with announcements and not just a sign at the exit that the time had changed. Many people will have been planning on a 5PM departure and if you're not aware of a change, you're not going to go looking for it in the dailies.

I know people are responsible for themselves, I would like to hear from someone on the ship if they made announcements about it as well?

Never seen a time when it hasn't been made pretty clear when to be back on board!!! It is time, as adults we start being responsible for our actions and teach our kids the same.

I do feel sorry for them, but they have no one to blame but themselves. If 50 people had missed the returening on time, that would be one thing, when the rest were on ship, I think it goes without saying those who missed the ship are 100% to blame. I think we see a few running to the ship every cruise we are on.

This was posted: "Two young ladies in their 20s having too much fun at Calico Jacks, the pirate boat, and totally forgot about the time. Mom had to get off the ship and go get them, and by that time the ship was leaving, mom very very mad. Plan to return one hour before departure, taking it to the last minute is not going to do anything for you."

Wow if this is the 3 people who missed the boat...YIKES!!!!

That mom is open a serious can of "whoop ass"

Kerri

I read that article this morning and wondered why it was even newsworthy! I also thought "stranded" was an odd choice of words. It made it appear that the fault lies with the cruise line and not the passengers.

I hope the mom's anger is directed where it should be -- at her daughters -- not at the cruise line who had to follow their published and publicized departure schedule.

Edited by Cindy

I read that article this morning and wondered why it was even newsworthy! I also thought "stranded" was an odd choice of words. It made it appear that the fault lies with the cruise line and not the passengers.

I hope the mom's anger is directed where it should be -- at her daughters -- not at the cruise line who had to follow their published and publicized departure schedule.

Or at herself :rolleyes:

Stranded is Not what the ships DID

Many a ship has waited 1/2 hr 45 min. for passengers they KNOW is Not onboard.

Last week the new regime stranded a guest 11 min. late. :eek:

Looks Like zero tolerance has taken over.

Edited by biker@sea

No one died. No one had to crawl through a mosquito infested swamp dodging adversaries that wanted to harm them. Three people missed a luxury cruise liner in a resort town and their only penalty will be a financial one. And it appears they were not delayed by Acts of God or machine gun wielding bandits, but just lost track of time. Hey, it happens.

Some people need expensive lessons. I predict the three will never, ever miss a boat again. They will be back on board, with the rest of us. They will join us at the rail watching the runners who may, or may not, learn this lesson on that future cruise.

Nassau, with Senior Frog's in plain view of the ship, is the one that amazes me. They can SEE the ship. It is big. Don't they see it and think about the time?

We were on the Breakaway Bermuda cruise-Aug. 9. Many announcements, in Daily, the ship people where you have to use your card to get on and off. Even the stewards who were cleaning rooms reminding us as we were walking up and down the hallways.

Plenty of "warnings"

Excellent :)

Never seen a time when it hasn't been made pretty clear when to be back on board!!! It is time, as adults we start being responsible for our actions and teach our kids the same.

I do feel sorry for them, but they have no one to blame but themselves. If 50 people had missed the returening on time, that would be one thing, when the rest were on ship, I think it goes without saying those who missed the ship are 100% to blame. I think we see a few running to the ship every cruise we are on.

Thanks, the question was already answered. Not sure why you feel you need to jump all over me for asking a question??

I've seen lots of times where the return time isn't obvious. I've had lots of people ask me when we're out in the town what time they need to be back too.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Bermuda is maybe the one island that is easy to miss the ship you need to take transportation to get too any where good. All you need is something to go wrong on the road and your done. Every time we go there we book our last day excursions with the cruise line so the ship don't leave with out us.

It's interesting how almost any topic can turn into a heated debate.

That's how heated debates start-

1) a Person posts something of anything, even kittens.

2) Wait for someone to not like it.

3) ?????

4) Profit!!

Stranded is Not what the ships DID

Many a ship has waited 1/2 hr 45 min. for passengers they KNOW is Not onboard.

Last week the new regime stranded a guest 11 min. late. :eek:

Looks Like zero tolerance has taken over.

Didn't hear about that but if the person arrived 11 minutes after the ship left they were 41 minutes late.

Nassau, with Senior Frog's in plain view of the ship, is the one that amazes me. They can SEE the ship. It is big. Don't they see it and think about the time?

The pirate ship bar in Bermuda is even closer to the ship than Señor Frog's is in Nassau. It's incredibly close. I can't believe that they didn't realize that the crowd there had to be dwindling as sail away time neared.

I'm on the Breakaway now. We watched them miss the ship. Yes, it was entirely their fault. Yes, the repercussions are solely financial. Nevertheless, I'm sure there was a lot of stress, blame, and family disharmony that followed and will continue. I feel sorry for them.

Thanks, the question was already answered. Not sure why you feel you need to jump all over me for asking a question??

I've seen lots of times where the return time isn't obvious. I've had lots of people ask me when we're out in the town what time they need to be back too.

I agree with you on the time not always being obvious. Yes it's in the paper but if you aren't a seasoned cruiser or a reader then you wouldn't see it. Also they don't make the announcements in cabins anymore so you don't always hear it. They have the little board when you get off the ship, but if you're excited or in a hurry you don't always see it either. I don't think these are excuses but it's not always as obvious as some people think

The pirate ship bar in Bermuda is even closer to the ship than Señor Frog's is in Nassau. It's incredibly close. I can't believe that they didn't realize that the crowd there had to be dwindling as sail away time neared.

I'm on the Breakaway now. We watched them miss the ship. Yes, it was entirely their fault. Yes, the repercussions are solely financial. Nevertheless, I'm sure there was a lot of stress, blame, and family disharmony that followed and will continue. I feel sorry for them.

I feel sorry for them as well. As for the rude heartless posters I hope I never cruise on the same ship with them.

Thanks for posting. Enjoy the last night of your cruise.

I'm saddened by a few of the mean responses to what those ladies who missed the ship must feel as a gut wrenching situation. I suppose none of the posters who answered brutally never made a mistake or had an accident before. I praise their superiority and good fortune. For the rest of us mere mortals, bad things do happen to good people. I don't deny the young ladies being at fault, but my humanity causes me to feel bad for them none the less.

Agreed!