Carnival Shares Rejected

Fragile-Beauty

I faxed to Carnival the form letter I got here on the Princess board along with a printout my broker sent me dated August 1, (trip is Oct 11)

The printout showed my name, address, date and all stocks I have. I blacked out all other stocks but it clearly showed 100 shares Carnival - my purchase price and that days current price.

Any ideas on what I can send in. I have no proxy or voting forms from Carnival.

I don't know what else to send in as the printout had all Carnival info on it.

Do you mean you faxed your CCL shares info to Princess or actually to Carnival? What phone number did you use to fax it?

Attached is the Princess application form (not required but useful to Princess to receive an accurate request) which has all of the info including the fax number to use.

Princess_Shareholder_Request_Form_2016.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

I used the same form you have attached. I filled it out along with my CCL info and faxed it to the number on the form.

They emailed me Today to say the info was rejected. I will try to fax them more info.

Did they explain why it was rejected?

You could call the staff who processes our requests which can be issued in a matter of hours or a day or two later: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Are you going on a Carnival cruise in Oct or a Princess Cruise? Did you fax the brokerage statement to the correct cruise line? If that was all correct, the possible problems might be an incorrect booking number or just being too early. Double check the info and/or try again after final payment...

Are you booked on a reduced fare? Interline or free?

We were rejected (on Carnival) because we got a special loyalty rate. Others on our cruise received it. I was able to get it applied.

A printout of a list of stocks you own is not one of the acceptable forms listed under Required Proof of Eligibility on the Princess Shareholder Benefit Request Form. You need to send the applicable page from your most recent Brokerage Client Statement.

If the brokerage conned you into "going paperless" and you no longer receive monthly or quarterly statements in the mail you should be able to print it out from your online account. But if you went paperless and have yet to set up your online account with the broker, at least you still have a month to get them to mail you a hard copy of your current Client Statement.

...But if you went paperless and have yet to set up your online account with the broker, at least you still have a month to get them to mail you a hard copy of your current Client Statement.

Or just stop by your brokerage for a copy if they have a brick-and-mortar office near you :).

Did you ask why they declined your request. It sounds like you are submitting the same info I do and I have never had a problem. I sent the stuff off for a mid October Princess cruise and the credit showed up a couple of hours later.

Last time I foolishly highlited the Carnival info with a highliter - they told me that because of their fax quality they could not see the info due to the shading.

Make sure your copy is clear and black / white without any shading or highliting of any kind.

As someone that looks at faxed copies of forms all day, it's amazing the number of faxes we receive with a poor quality image. Pages get stuck together, pages get stretched, the scanner leaves strange lines on them, blurred/unreadable fonts. Also, realize that there are humans looking at these images, so it's possible someone didn't understand what you sent it or couldn't read it.

Call the 1-800 number provided and ask what the issue was. It's impossible for us to know why your request was rejected, so go straight to the source.

As someone that looks at faxed copies of forms all day, it's amazing the number of faxes we receive with a poor quality image. Pages get stuck together, pages get stretched, the scanner leaves strange lines on them, blurred/unreadable fonts. Also, realize that there are humans looking at these images, so it's possible someone didn't understand what you sent it or couldn't read it.

Call the 1-800 number provided and ask what the issue was. It's impossible for us to know why your request was rejected, so go straight to the source.

Which bring up the question why by fax/mail only?

There is a phone number for checking on OBC. I would try the second number I have listed here.

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info)

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

I submitted a request at the beginning of August. I copied my brokerage statement page with the carnival stock, but for some reason,I removed the part with my name and address. I received an e-mail notification that they need the statement with my name and address. I sent them the full page and the OBC is now in my account.

Which begs the question, when giving notice that the submission was rejected, why not include the reason for the rejection?

They did when they bounced a submission of mine. Got an email saying the fax was unreadable, please resend..

Which begs the question, when giving notice that the submission was rejected, why not include the reason for the rejection?

Don't forget those humans sometimes forget to pit paper in the fax too. :(

It doesn't go to an actual fax machine. The fax for OBC goes to a computer. I have been told this twice by Princess when calling to verify that my fax was received. I find that, if I call to verify that the fax has been received, Princess just goes ahead and applies the OBC at that time so I don't end up wondering when/if it will be applied.

It doesn't go to an actual fax machine. The fax for OBC goes to a computer. I have been told this twice by Princess when calling to verify that my fax was received. I find that, if I call to verify that the fax has been received, Princess just goes ahead and applies the OBC at that time so I don't end up wondering when/if it will be applied.

Well thats what I thought but was told different last year.

If thats the case why not just do an email address. :(

I faxed to Carnival the form letter I got here on the Princess board along with a printout my broker sent me dated August 1, (trip is Oct 11)

I believe you have to give the info closer to the sailing date

The OP is sailing on October 11 & is within 90 days of sailing and is past final payment.

"Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date".

Edited by Astro Flyer

Well thats what I thought but was told different last year.

If thats the case why not just do an email address. :(

There are very clever, malicious people that embed nasty things in an email that if you open it you get hacked. Princess used to accept email for Stockholder Credit, but I was glad to see them move to fax. I will bet its because of computer system security. We have the option to delete an email from someone we don't know, but they don't if it might have a stockholder form included as an attachment. They seem to have the kinks worked out of the fax method because my latest submission was approved within a day.