September 24

Shrimp Fountain with American Cocktail Sauce

Cosmopolitan

Sept. 25 - Closed

Princess Captain’s Circle Cocktail Party in Vista Lounge

September 26

Freshly Made Guacamole with Tortilla Chips

El Mejor Margarita

Hmmm, looks kinda nice to me. I love Stilton and Port!

Agree about the later comments regarding it being a bit close to dinner.

Edited by Nezmo

No worries about the Island. They are performing "On the Bayou" in the Princess theater. You'll get to see it both ways. :D

On the Coral, the Elite/Platinum lounge will usually be in a sectioned off area of the Explorer's lounge. DH and I enjoy going. Sometimes the party band will play live music from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm. We generally would go down around 6:30 and have a snack and a drink before dinner.

I think we have early dinner. I believe it's listed at 5:45 but one can't count on them not moving it to 5:30. D'Oh! Perhaps an after dinner drink...

On the Regal its held in Club 6 from 5pm-7pm.

Like on other Princess ships when their are many elite & platinum passengers it's moved to the Vista Lounge/Club Fusion venue.

On my Royal cruise with over 2,000 of the P&E level passengers it was held in the Vista Lounge. Even on the smaller Crown with half the number of P&E passengers it was in Club Fusion & not in Skywalkers.

No worries about the Island. They are performing "On the Bayou" in the Princess theater. You'll get to see it both ways. :D

On the Coral, the Elite/Platinum lounge will usually be in a sectioned off area of the Explorer's lounge. DH and I enjoy going. Sometimes the party band will play live music from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm. We generally would go down around 6:30 and have a snack and a drink before dinner.

Wow! I thought that show was specifically tailored to the venue on Coral and, previously, on Island. I had no idea they had somehow ported it over to the Princess Theater.

Wow! I thought that show was specifically tailored to the venue on Coral and, previously, on Island. I had no idea they had somehow ported it over to the Princess Theater.

Have you seen it? I'm curious what changes (if any) where made to it since the scenery and blocking was done to incorporate the revolving stages on the Coral and the Island.

Another poster mentioned it in their post-change review of the Island. We have a friend that works as a comedian on the ship. I asked him about it and he confirmed that the show was moved to the Princess Theater on the Island.

I haven't got to see it myself yet, so I'm wondering how the new stage is set up too.

Stilton is good. Blue Stilton can be very good but I don't suppose Princess goes there with their selection. Our next cruise (September 21) will be our first as Platinum so we may check out the soiree but having read numerous posts here about it I don't have great expectations. :p

They serve proper Stilton. Their UK demographic would be up in arms if they substituted some blue knockoff from the US.

They serve proper Stilton. Their UK demographic would be up in arms if they substituted some blue knockoff from the US.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. The stuff I get (when I occasionally buy it) isn't cheap and it's the best blue I've ever tried. I have no issue with "normal" Stilton. It's damn good stuff.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. The stuff I get (when I occasionally buy it) isn't cheap and it's the best blue I've ever tried. I have no issue with "normal" Stilton. It's damn good stuff.

If it's US made, it's not Stilton. It can only be made in 3 counties in the UK. You might be eating a very good blue but don't confuse it with Stilton.

If it's US made, it's not Stilton. It can only be made in 3 counties in the UK. You might be eating a very good blue but don't confuse it with Stilton.

I didn't say it was US made. I just went online and looked up Stilton. I found http://www.stiltoncheese.co.uk

Looks to me like the same cheese I buy - which is clearly labeled Stilton. The site lists these properties:

Can only be made in the counties of Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, and Leicestershire.

Must be made from locally produced milk that has been pasteurized before use.

Can only be made in cylindrical shape

Must be allowed to form it's own crust or coat

Must never be pressed

Must have the magical (sic) blue veins radiating from the center of the cheese

Those properties are from the Web site. Not from me. What am I missing here? Help me out.

Edited by Thrak

I didn't say it was US made. (That was insinuated by Cruise Junky)

I just went online and looked up Stilton. I found www.stiltoncheese.co.uk

Looks to me like the same cheese I buy - which is clearly labeled Stilton. The site lists these properties:

Can only be made in the counties of Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, and Leicestershire.

Must be made from locally produced milk that has been pasteurized before use.

Can only be made in cylindrical shape

Must be allowed to form it's own crust or coat

Must never be pressed

Must have the magical (sic) blue veins radiating from the center of the cheese

The site lists 10 steps in making Stilton. Step 8 says:

At about 6 weeks of age each cheese is pierced with stainless steel needles to allow air to enter the body of the cheese and activate the blue cheese mould and so commence the magical veining process.

Those properties are from the Web site. Not from me. What am I missing here? Help me out.

Hmm... Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Thrak

I just eat Velveeta. I'm not sure it even comes from cows :).

Thanks for doing your part for the drought!

Just saw a billboard on California Hwy 58 that said: "Just say NO to Cheese. 2 slices = 55 gals of water."

On a recent Princess cruise, we only ordered the El Mejor Margarita or the Mojito while at the P/E event. I'm pretty sure we were just charged the $5 every night, not just the night(s) it was the featured cocktail.

Did we just get "lucky" with our server or is this normal procedure?

On a recent Princess cruise, we only ordered the El Mejor Margarita or the Mojito while at the P/E event. I'm pretty sure we were just charged the $5 every night, not just the night(s) it was the featured cocktail.

Did we just get "lucky" with our server or is this normal procedure?

Ships do it differently. I've seen it both ways, $5 for any of the cocktails and $5 only for the cocktail of the day.

Ships do it differently. I've seen it both ways, $5 for any of the cocktails and $5 only for the cocktail of the day.

Okay, thanks for your reply. We'll just wait to see what the Grand does in October.

We don't drink the other drinks on the P/E menu other than the Margarita and the Mojito, but if they do end up charging the full price on nights it's not the featured cocktail, we might as well mix it up with other drinks we do like.

Okay, thanks for your reply. We'll just wait to see what the Grand does in October.

We don't drink the other drinks on the P/E menu other than the Margarita and the Mojito, but if they do end up charging the full price on nights it's not the featured cocktail, we might as well mix it up with other drinks we do like.

Or go between 4 and 5 PM to the BOGO for $1 event, get what you really want, and bring those to the Elite/Plat/Suite event.

I'm travelling on Island in September with my cousin, I am Elite level but this is her first cruise with Princess can she come with me to the Elite/Plat nightly event? Usually I'm with my 'elite' hubby so the issue has never arisen, don't want to cause an issue !!

Sometimes they check cards at the door, sometimes not.