Nightly Elite/Plat Event

jamesnnb

Or go between 4 and 5 PM to the BOGO for $1 event, get what you really want, and bring those to the Elite/Plat/Suite event.

Ooohh...interesting. I had never noticed the BOGO for $1 event. Nice to know!

On my cruises it's been between 3:00-4:00 and 11:00-midnight so the time may vary.

I'm travelling on Island in September with my cousin, I am Elite level but this is her first cruise with Princess can she come with me to the Elite/Plat nightly event? Usually I'm with my 'elite' hubby so the issue has never arisen, don't want to cause an issue !!

Some Elite benefits can be shared with people staying in the same cabin - but not with friends or family in other cabins. For example, you can check in together at the Elite boarding area.

Others cannot. For example, if she wants to go to the wine tasting with you, she will have to pay.

Others are hit and miss. I understand that you would like to share some things but you do not want to abuse the system. I recommend you ask the Captain's Circle representative onboard what benefits you can share and what you can't. He or she should be happy to talk with you and answer your questions, and those answers will be definitive for that specific ship and cruise. Any answer you receive here - and definitely any answer you receive from Princess in advance - may not apply to your specific ship and cruise.

My grandaughter who was traveling with me in July went with me to the Elite/Platinum event every evening and no one said a word. Of course, she wasn't drinking the specialty cocktails but she did enjoy the appetizers and virgin cocktails with her UKP.

I am going on my second Platinum Princess cruise with my Elite cruising buddy.:D

I don't know anything about the Elite/Platinum event, as they don't have it on ships based in Australia. But I have now read that we will have it on the Golden, and I believe Diamond has it as well.

Good news for us.:)

Can we take the drinks out of the event?

TIA

I am going on my second Platinum Princess cruise with my Elite cruising buddy.:D

I don't know anything about the Elite/Platinum event, as they don't have it on ships based in Australia. But I have now read that we will have it on the Golden, and I believe Diamond has it as well.

TIA

No problem taking them with you. They usually do a "last call" so you can get another one for the road.;)

TIA

Oooh! When is it coming in on the Golden in Australia please? I'm sailing November 2016. Just had a fright about my Window Suite being changed, the poor TA had an agitated client to calm down! The call centre advised that I could still be moved if someone in a wheelchair needed the Suite, it would mean cancellation of the cruise as there is no equal Suite available. I've already had 1 cruise cancelled "for Operational Reasons" so am hoping things go well this time. I'll believe it when we sail out of Sydney!

As caribill posted, I'd be more interested in the BOGO 4 $1 a bit earlier. We're getting ready for dinner and going to early dinner which pretty much covers the evening Elite/Platinum event. To me, it's mostly for the late diners - not worth it to us to end the afternoon early to rush off for some free canapes and a $5 drink.

But I always say Princess is about choice and they have plenty for us to work with.

Maybe someone here can explain all of this to me...

I am completely underwhelmed...

Though I am "Platinum" on Captain's Circle, I cannot figure out a reason why I should want to make any extra effort to attend this...

I am Diamond on Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor. On RCCL ships, I have a special dedicated Diamond Lounge that has a wide variety of unlimited FREE drinks from 5:00 to 8:30 pm every night as well as a small buffet of various appetizers.

On Celebrity's Captain's Club, I am Elite Plus...but, ever since first becoming "Elite" (Which I reached in fewer cruises than it took me to get to Platinum on Princess), I have had a wide variety of FREE drinks from 5:00 to 7:00 pm nightly...and they have waiters constantly walking around with trays of various appetizers...

Yet, on Princess, there seems to be some excitement with Princess regulars over going to a designated lounge to PURCHASE a single designated daily drink special for a slightly discounted price and to partake in a single appetizer???

It just doesn't sound like much of a loyalty perk.

Though I am "Platinum" on Captain's Circle, I cannot figure out a reason why I should want to make any extra effort to attend this...

I am Diamond on Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor. On RCCL ships, I have a special dedicated Diamond Lounge that has a wide variety of unlimited FREE drinks from 5:00 to 8:30 pm every night as well as a small buffet of various appetizers.

On Celebrity's Captain's Club, I am Elite Plus...but, ever since first becoming "Elite" (Which I reached in fewer cruises than it took me to get to Platinum on Princess), I have had a wide variety of FREE drinks from 5:00 to 7:00 pm nightly...and they have waiters constantly walking around with trays of various appetizers...

Yet, on Princess, there seems to be some excitement with Princess regulars over going to a designated lounge to PURCHASE a single designated daily drink special for a slightly discounted price and to partake in a single appetizer???

You are right. Other cruise lines do the drinks perk better. People will say that the free minibar setup makes up for it, but I would much prefer free drink coupons to be used anywhere on the ship than the ability to drink scotch in my cabin.

We consider the Elite benefits in total when comparing to other lines, and, even then, Princess is on par with some, better than some and worse than others.

More than loyalty benefits, it is the combinable OBCs that keep us returning to a Princess.

I guess choices are what makes the world go round. ;)

You are right. Other cruise lines do the drinks perk better. People will say that the free minibar setup makes up for it, but I would much prefer free drink coupons to be used anywhere on the ship than the ability to drink scotch in my cabin.

We consider the Elite benefits in total when comparing to other lines, and, even then, Princess is on par with some, better than some and worse than others.

More than loyalty benefits, it is the combinable OBCs that keep us returning to a Princess.

My exact thoughts too!! I'm Elite on both Princess & Celebrity and was so "disappointed" the first time I went to the Princess Elite event. (had to pay for the drink?!) Celebrity was free drinks...and you could order any drink even something not listed on their Elite drink menu...lots of choices not just one drink choice. Celebrity offers both cold and hot app's but I have found Princess does a really nice job with the buffet style app selection. Also the Celebrity Elite function always had a nice Officer presence ... we actually had some wonderful discussions with many different officers during our Celebrity cruises...not so much with Princess. Officers don't seem as visible or approachable on Princess?

Drink coupons to use in any bar onboard... instead of paying for my Elite drink would be a Great Perk. And the Princess Mini Bar set up is also appreciated even if I change out the alcohol items!! ;)

The combinable OBC's... IS what keeps me coming back to Princess. (late hubby liked this perk the best!!)

Cheers!

Pat

Edited by 2Canucks

Some Elite benefits can be shared with people staying in the same cabin - but not with friends or family in other cabins. For example, you can check in together at the Elite boarding area.

Others cannot. For example, if she wants to go to the wine tasting with you, she will have to pay.

Others are hit and miss. I understand that you would like to share some things but you do not want to abuse the system. I recommend you ask the Captain's Circle representative onboard what benefits you can share and what you can't. He or she should be happy to talk with you and answer your questions, and those answers will be definitive for that specific ship and cruise. Any answer you receive here - and definitely any answer you receive from Princess in advance - may not apply to your specific ship and cruise.

Thank you for that advice I will go and check onboard I would be mortified if she was challenged !

Not everyone has nightly alcoholic drinks but everyone spends money during their cruise. Combinable OBC which many times provides me with about $50/day to spend as I desire is more important to me than a free nightly cocktail party. A minibar that provides us with 10 sodas & 10 beers or 30 coffee drinks is also good.

As said it is good to have choices & that each repeat passenger program has their strong points. For us Princess provides the best cruise experience & the combinable OBCs is more important to us than a free nightly cocktail party.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Then don't. Simple. Different people like different things, a concept that seems so difficult for some here on CC to grasp. Booze is not the deciding factor for me in any of my cruise choices, so I go to the lounge to enjoy the other benefits (which you wouldn't know about since you don't attend.) You keep going to your free booze events, and I won't suggest you do otherwise, because, frankly, it's none of my business what you choose to do.

Edited by shredie

Sometimes there are too many Platinums and Elites and they switch to a larger room or I have even seen it cut down to Elite Only.

If that were the case, there would be a riot by platinum passengers, I believe you're mistaken. Move to a bigger venue, yes, elite only, no.

OP, you don't have to attend... if booze is that important to you, then sailing with RCI or Celebrity makes more sense.

Every cruise line does things differently.... You can choose what line suits you better.

On my next cruise we'll be getting the AIBP, but still plan to attend the nightly platinum/elite/suite party...

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Sometimes there are too many Platinums and Elites and they switch to a larger room or I have even seen it cut down to Elite Only.

When? Which ship? I have never seen that happen. Nina is right. There would be a Platinum revolt since the lounge is a Platinum perk, too. I think maybe you are confused or misremembering.

When? Which ship? I have never seen that happen. Nina is right. There would be a Platinum revolt since the lounge is a Platinum perk, too. I think maybe you are confused or misremembering.

On the Royal there were over 2,000 elite & platinum passengers (plus suite passengers) in the Vista Lounge which was open to all of them.

I have experienced the Captain's Circle party being split by level when there were so many elite level passengers but never for the nightly cocktail event.

On the Royal there were over 2,000 elite & platinum passengers (plus suite passengers) in the Vista Lounge which was open to all of them.

I have experienced the Captain's Circle party being split by level when there were so many elite level passengers but never for the nightly cocktail event.

Frank, did you ever see platinum passengers excluded?

Frank, did you ever see platinum passengers excluded?

Never seen it at the nightly event & only occasionally at the Captain's Circle parties when there are large numbers of repeat passengers.

Platinum level members were instead invited at a different time.

Edited by Astro Flyer