No smoking Not enforced on Navigator

rkd1

A smoking thread that morphed into a tipping thread. If we can somehow relate this to the way the smoker dressed in the MDR, we'll have a trifecta. :D

No kidding, I only was referring to the fact that as a customer your money is really the only leverage you have, past that I don't think they care one bit what your opinion is.

The tipped staff, such as your wait staff and cabin attendant have nothing whatsoever to do with enforcing policy. If you have a policy problem and withhold tips, you'll be punishing the people who served you to pay for the sins of management.:(

They have a lot more to do with enforcing policy than I do. If the room is unacceptable then they can expect the tip to suffer. On the plus side they can skip the stupid towel animals for me. My demands are remakably simple compared to most passengers.

Change the towels every couple days and stay out of the way. Do not organize my underwear.

Edited by Sitzmark

They have a lot more to do with enforcing policy than I do. If the room is unacceptable then they can expect the tip to suffer. On the plus side they can skip the stupid towel animals for me. My demands are remakably simple compared to most passengers.

Change the towels every couple days and stay out of the way. Do not organize my underwear.

Oh yes, a very simple demand that a room steward on deck 10 should have some impact on smoking on deck nine when people in higher positions have already blown it off..............or better yet the waiter in the dining room. Your arguments are pathetic......................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh yes, a very simple demand that a room steward on deck 10 should have some impact on smoking on deck nine when people in higher positions have already blown it off..............or better yet the waiter in the dining room. Your arguments are pathetic......................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Perhaps, but they have far more influence than I do. I really have no other use for these people, so let them do what they can do.

What does the waiter have to do with anything???

Sitz isn't saying he won't tip at all. He said " I was never really completely comfortable with the idea of tipping for service that had not been rendered yet."

He said that he wants this to be done onboard, so he can change things around more easily if something comes up with the people who are tipped from the autogratuity. Tipping ahead of time doesn't work well in his mind, so he wants to do it ON the ship, not at final payment.

I think you guys are reading way too much into it.

When we sailed on Princess out of Houston in December, I asked our cabin steward if there were a lot of people still smoking on the balconies and what was being done about it. He said that yes there are still some folks smoking on them but unless the crew actually catches someone, they really can't do anything about it. You could be an innocent guest and wrongly accused because another guest in the vicinity was the one doing it. Inside of cabin is another story. A neighbors complaint is not given much credence.

Just curious. Would you also be willing to accept this advice yourself had your next door cabin neighbors blasted rap (or any kind really) music from 1am - 6am daily? I'm just saying, telling the OP to just drop it is pretty silly. The OP paid what we can only assume is a hefty price for their cruise. They paid for a balcony that is being rendered useless because RC, thus far, has been unwilling (not unable - simply unwilling) to remedy the situation. The good news, though, is it sounds like from an earlier post that RC has actually stepped up and taken measures to remedy this. It's unfortunate for the OP, though, that it took so many complaints for this to be resolved.

Well lets see, the OP complained to everyone on the ship that he could find. He even tried calling the company. Obviously they intend to do NOTHING about it. So what should he do? Throw a temper tantrum in the Promenade and hope they do something? At this point you can either accept it and deal with it after or continue to be a PITA to everyone you can find and get even more worked up and more ticked off or you can get on with your life and enjoy what you can of the cruise. You know that old saying? Lord help me change the things I can change and recognize the ones I can't.

Well, duh. But that's not what we were talking about, now was it?

Wow, you just cannot admit when you're wrong, can you?

First of all, that is what we are talking about. people here stating left and right how they are going to get someone thrown off a ship for knocking their camera into the water after someone takes a pic of them on their balcony. So yes, proof of the allegation is required.

Secondly, what is their to admit? Someone has showed some pics in aftermath. No one has stated from what angle they would be taking pics from. You make your assumptions, I'll make mine. I'm not admitting I'm wrong when I'm not. :rolleyes:

Last I heard, the fire on the Grandeur a couple of years ago might have been started by a cigarette.

You just won't let it go. You also obviously know nothing about fire dangers at sea or you wouldn't be so flip about it.

What gets me is anyone who doesn't think the rule needs to be enforced? Rules exist for a reason and the reality is, the majority of people do not smoke and some of those have very severe allergies, others just don't wish to be impacted by the health hazards of second hand smoke which do exist.

This is so funny. One person claims there are loads of fires caused by cigarettes and yet fails to post even one link. You're stating that the fire on the Grandeur might have been caused by a cigarette so in your mind, it was without verification. And then you claim to have knowledge about what I do and don't know. It's a hoot.

BTW, I couldn't be more for the rules than most likely anyone else you know. But that goes for all rules, not just some of them. Someone invades my privacy with a camera is just as bad as someone who is smoking on their balcony. Just like some who claim they will throw water on the smokers balcony, my hand will just happen to knock a person't camera into the water. To me, someone taking pics of my balcony is a pervert and they should feel lucky all they lost is a camera.

Well lets see, the OP complained to everyone on the ship that he could find. He even tried calling the company. Obviously they intend to do NOTHING about it. So what should he do? Throw a temper tantrum in the Promenade and hope they do something? At this point you can either accept it and deal with it after or continue to be a PITA to everyone you can find and get even more worked up and more ticked off or you can get on with your life and enjoy what you can of the cruise. You know that old saying? Lord help me change the things I can change and recognize the ones I can't.

And of course, everyone's preferred action is to continue to be a PITA. :D

I just would like to know WHERE in the OP did he ever state that he was getting ticked and having a poor time? He said it was unfortunate but also said it didn't ruin his cruise. Sometimes people just need to vent. I don't understand from your 1st post on this thread you have been negative towards the OP and anyone in favor of supporting him, finding reasons why he should just let it go, and excuses about the picture taking of the smokers. Like really, what is your deal?

It's very easy to say let it go, but you yourself aren't in his shoes. Maybe the smoke on the balcony isn't a major issue if you were in that position, but it is to him. Maybe something that is major for you, others may look at it like let it go.

Wow...so the OP is the PITA and not the smoker? This should be something that he could very easily change by reporting the transgressor, if the company would do what they should, when they should, at the time of the initial complaint. I would say that it is the smoker and RCCL who are the PITA to to the OP.

I just would like to know WHERE in the OP did he ever state that he was getting ticked and having a poor time? He said it was unfortunate but also said it didn't ruin his cruise. Sometimes people just need to vent. I don't understand from your 1st post on this thread you have been negative towards the OP and anyone in favor of supporting him, finding reasons why he should just let it go, and excuses about the picture taking of the smokers. Like really, what is your deal?

It's very easy to say let it go, but you yourself aren't in his shoes. Maybe the smoke on the balcony isn't a major issue if you were in that position, but it is to him. Maybe something that is major for you, others may look at it like let it go.

Well said.

First of all, that is what we are talking about. people here stating left and right how they are going to get someone thrown off a ship for knocking their camera into the water after someone takes a pic of them on their balcony. So yes, proof of the allegation is required.

Secondly, what is their to admit? Someone has showed some pics in aftermath. No one has stated from what angle they would be taking pics from. You make your assumptions, I'll make mine. I'm not admitting I'm wrong when I'm not. :rolleyes:

The conversation was about the legality of taking pictures of people on their balcony. There is no assumption to make. Unless the picture taker actually climbs over onto the smoker's balcony, there is absolutely nothing illegal about it. That is fact, not assumption. Although, if you still feel it's illegal, feel free to show me the statute.

Sorry to disagree ..... A lowly staff member like a dining room waiter/assistant waiter has no thing to do with the problem being discussed.

That's why I said tip them in cash but deny RCI the opportunity to touch that money if they don't take care of issues. The charge is for all basic services and if RCI don't take care of problems don't pay them; just pay the people providing you good service. That's essentially what I said the first time. I don't think wait staff or room attendants as lowly either

The conversation was about the legality of taking pictures of people on their balcony. There is no assumption to make. Unless the picture taker actually climbs over onto the smoker's balcony, there is absolutely nothing illegal about it. That is fact, not assumption. Although, if you still feel it's illegal, feel free to show me the statute.

Just as you are free to provide a statue showing invading one's property is legal. Go for it.