No smoking Not enforced on Navigator

rkd1

Hi, we are currently on the Navigator of the Seas in a junior suite just above a royal family suite. The people in the room have smoked our entire trip making our balcony unusable.

We have reported it 6 times to guest services ( one fellow we talked to didn't even know it wasn't allowed). We even enlisted the help of Nadja the concierge who has tried to help us to no avail. I have even talked to the head of guest service wh has been of no use.

It looks like to me if you spend enough money on a room you get to do what you want! Ironic thing is we are in that room next week.

Try posting on another social site - it seems to get their attention.

I would be livid and it would not continue as I would be absolutely relentless until it was dealt with.

Take pictures and ask to speak to all the higher-ups you can.

Edited by The Sunset Glow

At this point I'd be asking to speak with the hotel director. (And by asking, I mean demanding.)

And if I went into the cabin the next week and smelled the slightest trace of smoke, I'd have them up there personally smelling it and I'd be demanding something be done about it immediately.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Try posting on another social site - it seems to get their attention.

I would be livid and it would not continue as I would be absolutely relentless until it was dealt with.

Take pictures and ask to speak to all the higher-ups you can.

Ditto, I would be livid too - especially after 6 complaints! Who ever is in that suit really must feel they are entitled to special privileges, even when it is at the expense of other guests.

I have done all of the above & still no resolution . It is unbelievable to us that they seem afraid to say anything to them. I have run out of people to complain

to . I have e mailed everyone at Rccl that I can think of, but our wonderful trip is about done, so I guess nothing will be done! It is sad to pay for a balcony you can't use. This room is aft & we are covered so the smoke collects in our room.

I have done all of the above & still no resolution . It is unbelievable to us that they seem afraid to say anything to them. I have run out of people to complain

to . I have e mailed everyone at Rccl that I can think of, but our wonderful trip is about done, so I guess nothing will be done! It is sad to pay for a balcony you can't use. This room is aft & we are covered so the smoke collects in our room.

You met in person with the hotel director and they still did nothing?

I don't know that emails will get their attention. But a guest camping at Guest Services and demanding to speak with the higher ups in person (and not moving until you to) to get resolution should.

Oh yikes. Aft cabins are REALLY really bad when someone is smoking it does go right in your room. We had the same problem on the infinity. Go to RCCL's facebook and rant. it gets there attention

That is absolutely unacceptable! I can't believe Nadja couldn't get it taken care of! Be sure to take names of all you have spoken with and contact Michael Bayley's office when you get home. I'll bet that you will be compensated in some way.

OP: there are cruise lines that, not only have significantly more restrictive smoking policies but also, enforce them. Consider Oceania for your next cruise.

Thats really too bad when a smoking rule is in place and you cant trust that it will be enforced and have to resort to another cruise line. :mad::mad::mad:

That's a shame, and like you I would be livid if the problem wasn't addressed and continued all week.:(

I second the suggestion to post your issue on the official RCI Facebook page. Genuine problems that are posted there seem to draw a quick response from the cruise line.

Not looking for compensation & I will not change cruise lines. I love Royals product, but I can't believe they will not fix this.. I have mailed Bailey but no response yet. The officer met with U.S. In the concierge lounge on night # 2 with Nadja ( who has really tried to help), but I guess they are afraid to confront

them . I don't know what else to think!

Not looking for compensation & I will not change cruise lines. I love Royals product, but I can't believe they will not fix this.. I have mailed Bailey but no response yet. The officer met with U.S. In the concierge lounge on night # 2 with Nadja ( who has really tried to help), but I guess they are afraid to confront

them . I don't know what else to think!

Did you contact your TA? Someone's TA just posted about the problem on the RCI Facebook page. If it wasn't you, then others are having the same problem and have complained too!

Wow. So what we have learned from this is that the rules don't apply to those who are booked in the Royal Suite? :eek: I'm really surprised they are being so chicken ****! I agree with the facebook recommend. I know you are not seeking compensation but I bet you will get some. They probably will factor that it's simpler to give you something than confront their $10,000 passenger. I'm actually stunned the Hotel Director won't do anything - never heard of something like this.

So sorry to hear about your issues. Not the way to run a cruise line.

I did see your posts on Facebook, however a recommendation, I would not put my C&A number out there, you may want to update that?

Keep fighting the fight, we are all behind you.

Wow. So what we have learned from this is that the rules don't apply to those who are booked in the Royal Suite? :eek: I'm really surprised they are being so chicken ****! I agree with the facebook recommend. I know you are not seeking compensation but I bet you will get some. They probably will factor that it's simpler to give you something than confront their $10,000 passenger. I'm actually stunned the Hotel Director won't do anything - never heard of something like this.

It's not THE Royal Suite. It's a Royal Family Suite. There two on deck 8 and two on deck 9.

I think it's a Royal FAMILY Suite, not the RS. There are 4 RFS aft on Navigator, two on deck 8 and two on deck 9. They're not nearly as fancy as the RS, but the rules should still apply to everyone regardless of their level of fanciness!

Judy