Elite Benefits/Recommendations

flifish64

On last year's Silhouette transatlantic (Hi there Wino), we were not yet Elite. However, we easily used coupons provided by our generous cruise friends. I think it was in one of the midships lounges ... the Ensemble? Drinks were ordered, coupons were presented, and the server didn't show any interest in who was getting what.

Now we're Elite. For this year's upcoming transatlantic on the Equinox, we plan to pay it forward and donate a couple of pre-dinner drinks coupons to friends are aren't Elite. Hopefully, the same scenario.

And a further note: On a recent short sailing on RCCL's Enchantment, we were able to enjoy the reciprocal benefits of the Diamond Lounge. It seemed that most folks walked out with their glass of wine!

Cheers,

AC Stew

We are D+ on RCL and thinking of trying Celebrity. I understand we become Elite with them but don't know about the perks. On RCL three free drinks are loaded on our sea pass cards each evening and we can on top of that can visit the lounge for more. Although with the special they have going on with drink packages maybe it wouldn't matter on Celebrity. We don't drink all that much but the special seems too good to pass up.

We have never received vouchers and the Elite Happy Hour has always been in the Sky Lounge on S-class ships. We have never been allowed to take drinks from the event so I finish mine as I exit.

We tend to enjoy the free bottled water in our room as a nice perk for Elites. It is replenished each day.

We have never received vouchers and the Elite Happy Hour has always been in the Sky Lounge on S-class ships. We have never been allowed to take drinks from the event so I finish mine as I exit.

We tend to enjoy the free bottled water in our room as a nice perk for Elites. It is replenished each day.

I have never ever seen free bottled water in staterooms. Are you referring to Aqua or suites???

We've never had free bottled water as an Elite perk. It isn't even offered as an Elite + perk or when cruising in most suites . Except for beverage packages the only free water is in Aqua class or Royal Suite or above.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

We've never had free bottled water as an Elite perk. It isn't even offered as an Elite + perk or when cruising in most suites . Except for beverage packages the only free water is in Aqua class or Royal Suite or above.

Oops! Sorry, I stand corrected. We sailed Aqua and the water was included for that room. Not Elite. :o

When we sailed in a Veranda, I remember bringing a sports water bottle and refilling it on board.

Edited by keesar

Even if you get vouchers, there will be a Cocktail Party with unlimited # of drinks. If you save your vouchers, they still have to be used in the Party hours 5-7.

Vouchers were distributed during my recent trip on Eclipse and were collected by the bar servers--without exception--even during the "Happy Hour" that was staged [during that trip and as is usually true] in the Sky Lounge...

We have not used the Elite breakfast very often since they went to plated offerings.

While on Silhouette during July, the Elite Breakfast was back to its former buffet style [with appropriate "sneeze guards" having been installed for self-service; seemingly, that was the issue that prompted the change to plated offerings] in Tuscan Grille...

When I was aboard Silhouette in April, plated offerings were used...

While on Silhouette during July, the Elite Breakfast was back to its former buffet style [with appropriate "sneeze guards" having been installed for self-service; seemingly, that was the issue that prompted the change to plated offerings] in Tuscan Grille...

Thanks for the update. It was plated on our three spring cruises, Comstellation and Century. Hopefully it will be back to buffet style on Constellation in October.

Sheila

Xport- the vouchers, the Cocktail party and the Elite breakfast do seem to change from ship to ship and Captains Club personnel. I remember when the breakfast went to plated served food and people were so upset. We like the breakfast anyway just to have a nice quiet place out of the buffet. Wonder what it will on the Infinity in just 12 days!

The only consistency on X sometimes is inconsistency.

We will be Elite on our upcoming cruise next month so I have a question about the party where you receive three drinks or three coupons, is there a limited menu on what you may have to drink? Can I ask for a Pina colada or is it wine, and simple drinks?

Thanks

Eileen and Norm

We will be Elite on our upcoming cruise next month so I have a question about the party where you receive three drinks or three coupons, is there a limited menu on what you may have to drink? Can I ask for a Pina colada or is it wine, and simple drinks?

Thanks

Eileen and Norm

Sorry, no foo-foo drinks. Just your basic drinks, wine, and a couple of beer selections. If they give out coupons/vouchers, it's 3 per person to be used either at the Sky Lounge or one of the other bars around the ship. If they don't give out drink coupons because there is a small number of Elites on board, it's usually held in the Sky Lounge, and you can drink as many drinks as you can handle between 5-7pm.

We rarely go to the Elite breakfast, since it is only continental. If they served Muesli like that served in BLU, we would go there more.

Muesli? Yikes! I could never understand how anybody could eat that Euell Gibbons mixture. :eek: Give me some good old bacon, eggs, and sausage.

Muesli? Yikes! I could never understand how anybody could eat that Euell Gibbons mixture. :eek: Give me some good old bacon, eggs, and sausage.

The Muesli at BLU is fantastic. The Muesli served at the buffet is not bad, but not super like at BLU.

I too love bacon and eggs, an omelet or especially eggs Benedict, but do like to mix it up.

Thanks

Eileen and Norm

It is a limited menu, but they have appletinis, manhattans, cosmos, etc. also a selection of liquors that you can have with mixers. But no blended drinks.

Reference elite breakfast I heard the format depends on captain's club hostess requests,as with elegant afternoon tea.

Personally I like internet and breakfast perk.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but last year on my first TA, we had the coupons. After having a nice cocktail with our first coupon, when we went to order again our fab waitress noticed the hours they are good to use would be expiring soon suggested we order a large glass of wine or large cocktail. We then had a nice large glass of wine to take to our dinner, minus a little waiting sip.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but last year on my first TA, we had the coupons. After having a nice cocktail with our first coupon, when we went to order again our fab waitress noticed the hours they are good to use would be expiring soon suggested we order a large glass of wine or large cocktail. We then had a nice large glass of wine to take to our dinner, minus a little waiting sip.

I'm sure you gave her a nice tip.

How is the museli served in Blu different from that served in the buffet?

Betsy

Any cruise we have been on they have always stopped anyone from taking a drink out from the Elite Lounge & we are also Elite +, I guess you have just been lucky.

On my recent cruise with saw quite a lot ppl leaving with a drink - but it was close to the end when there was no officer at the entry. So staying until the end and ordering a new drink within time might be the trick to get out of the lounge with a full glas.

How is the museli served in Blu different from that served in the buffet?

Betsy

The muesli at the buffet is already mixed. At BLU they mix it at your table from a large cart. You have some discretion as to the ingredients that are added. The buffet muesli is not bad, but the BLU muesli is fantastic. The difference is like ground chuck to a T-Bone steak.

I know this is a bit off topic, but....

Does anyone know if you are Elite and traveling in the same cabin as with a non-Elite, can they go to the Elite Breakfast with you.

I believe they can go to the cocktail hour, and other events (is wine tasting and tea), but wasn't sure about the Elite Breakfast.

Thanks