Crown and anchor points

hummy0605

Before we went on last weeks Allure cruise we were platinum with 49 points and this showed up on our countdown when we logged in. Unfortunately i didnt screen shot it because i didn't anticipate a problem and thought after the allure we would be emerald on 56 points.

Rang up today to see when statuscwill be changed and crown and anchor said we only had 53 points so not emerald.

Spoke to a lovely man who needs to speak to miami but i really wont be very pleased if they say we have not got this.

All the points changed a few years ago and we have been platinum since completing our march 2013 cruise.

Think we are going to get stitched up here :(

Smetimes errors occur to the guests detriment; if so, hopefully the error will be corrected. Sometimes errors are made in the guests favor. Sometimes those error at undetected the for years. Sometimes those error are found and corrected: if this is the case,you probably have to earn the points for real to move up.

To help tell where the error is, are all your cruises listed in your cruise history? Do the points for each (post-conversion) cruise fit the number of nights, occupancy, and cabin type? Would you like to list your pre-conversion cruise details here so somebody can help calculate the appropriate points at time of conversion?

This is the shot of our previous cruises.last weeks 7 nights are due to go on to the history though. On the older ones it showed 1 credit butvthen when the ponts changed they said we were getting additional pointsxand like i say earlier we reached platinum after the splendour so we had that status on the adventure. The account definitely said 49 points after the october 2014 cruis and prior to this allur cruise but i just can't remember exactly how many points they converted it to hen they changed the system. I know peoplecwill probably think i am making a mountain out of a molehill but from going fom 49 points and thinking we would get emerald to now having o wait til after our next rci cruise is a bit annoying.

image.jpg.5c9c7ef1e670b0ccbeb6e9670b0a2b9c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

All sorted - a lovely man called bryan looked into it all and either mine or my husbands hadn't been updated so we had points missing.

Now will be emerald within next few days - know its not a lot bu it was the principle of it and at least we are in new tier

• 2 months later...
How long does it take them to update C&A points?

We got off Liberty on November 1st. Today is December 4th and our points are still not updated. On the web-site it states 2 weeks but we are way past the 2 week point.

Thanks.

The last few cruises it's been exactly 6 days.

I'd call C&A if I were you.

We got off Liberty on November 1st. Today is December 4th and our points are still not updated. On the web-site it states 2 weeks but we are way past the 2 week point.

Thanks.

Usually 2 weeks or less. If it were me I would call and ask about the points.

Thanks.

We got off Liberty on the 13th points there by the 20th

Looking at your cruise history, the way I count the points, I come up with at least 58. Cruises before January, 2011 were awarded one credit (two if you were in a suite, and two on cruises over a certain # of nights (12?). When they did the conversion, each credit converted to 7 points, and then they added extra points depending on how many credits you had. We had five, and they added 3 extra, giving us 38 under the new system. Your cruise list shows 3 cruises before 2011, so it should have converted to at least 23 points (7x3+2). You had four additional cruises before the latest one, and they all look to be at least 7 nights - which would give you a minimum of 51 before this cruise.

Edited by orville99

Looking at your cruise history, the way I count the points, I come up with at least 58. Cruises before January, 2011 were awarded one credit (two if you were in a suite, and two on cruises over a certain # of nights (12?). When they did the conversion, each credit converted to 7 points, and then they added extra points depending on how many credits you had. We had five, and they added 3 extra, giving us 38 under the new system. Your cruise list shows 3 cruises before 2011, so it should have converted to at least 23 points (7x3+2). You had four additional cruises before the latest one, and they all look to be at least 7 nights - which would give you a minimum of 51 before this cruise.

For 3 cruises the conversion only added 1 point. That's what we had and ours was converted to 22 points. There have been charts around showing the different conversions and I remember checking and ours was correct.

I would guess that one of the 4 cruises was a 6 day cruise which would then be 49 points as the OP stated.

For 3 cruises the conversion only added 1 point. That's what we had and ours was converted to 22 points. There have been charts around showing the different conversions and I remember checking and ours was correct.

I would guess that one of the 4 cruises was a 6 day cruise which would then be 49 points as the OP stated.

Conversion:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

I finally got my points.

They had no idea why my account wasn't updated. They said my DH's was. Maybe I should take it personally.;)

Thanks for reporting back. Nice to know they are still responsive.:)