Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

If anyone booked Navigator for April 2018, it has disappeared from the bookings, and folks reservations aren't showing.

I'm a little nervous, I booked April 13th 2018 Navigator Grand Suite with my TA at around 10am. I noticed it was pulled offun the site?it was an awesome price? I will be extremely aggravated if it doesn't stand.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That IS pretty cool John....I wouldn't mind that. Disney World? That is crazy. The price for admission and then only have a hand full of hours would be such a waste. You need 3 days for Disney:):):)

Thanks. Actually it's still there. I can see it from our front balcony, and they are showing it on the PC webcam

Thanks. Actually it's still there. I can see it from our front balcony, and they are showing it on the PC webcam

Just took a peek.....it looked like a "still" shot for a minute and then I saw a man with an orange jacket walk by. :D PS....THERE ARE OVER 450 VIEWERS. Is something about to happen???

Edited by champagne123
ggggg

Even though it's kind of silly, lots of people want to squeeze in a trip to Disney or Universal when stopping in PC. And huge crowds go to KSC. Last time I was at the port, Anthem had 4-5 NASA tour busses loading up.

Yesterday the Breakaway passengers got to watch them unload the Falcon that landed on her floating platform. It was a unique experience. I didn't get over until she was already on the dock, but still cool to see it

6f2fa54f6038853ecb778ddc752cf2c1.jpg

512f1b3d2c143546a6d198c3447a6db0.jpg

Great photos John... did you take these?

May I ask the sailing date? This morning I booked B2B on Navigator April 22 and April 27 2018 paid my deposit and was able to get my preferred cabin and now I cannot enter my reservation number on My Cruises.

I called C&A D+ desk and they could not bring it up and spoke to Resolutions who is looking into it.

On the RCI website there are no April/18 Sailings now.

I just became Diamond+, what is the number you call for the D+ desk?

I just became Diamond+, what is the number you call for the D+ desk?

Same as the normal C&A number (800-526-9723), just press 9 during the recording.

Edited by clarea

Ahh it's out but not sure what to do. Rhapsody 7 night to Bahamas is much cheaper than Anthem 5 night to Bermuda.

I have the feel that Bermuda cruises are usually more expensive than those ones to Bahamas - and for sure, RCCL charges passengers to sail on the brand new Anthem... ;)

I have looked up the Canada/NE cruises on Rhapsody, and the prices are quite attractive, IMHO - but nevertheless, I'd prefer HAL or Princess on those itineraries.

It's interesting how RCCL with the rather old Rhapsody (1997) tries to compete with newer ships on the Canada/Quebec cruises:

Celebrity Summit (2001), Zuiderdam (2002), NCL Gem/Dawn (2007/2002), Crown Princess (2006) - I don't know whether it will be difficult for RCCL with providing the oldest ship on the longer Québec runs...

The Jewel of the Seas is missing a cruise on 1/28/2018. We've done back to back for a number of years and usually cruise starting that week. Does anybody have any info? A charter? An oversight maybe?

I am guessing 'Dave Koz Cruise' for 2018.

Just took a peek.....it looked like a "still" shot for a minute and then I saw a man with an orange jacket walk by. :D PS....THERE ARE OVER 450 VIEWERS. Is something about to happen???

They need to lower it onto a flatbed to take back to launch site for engine tests. Musk says it may fly again in June

cruisecal running very slow for me today. But Radiance is up upto May 2018. Obviously the Hawaii repo which is a 10 nighter. Haven't been able to check anything else.

Radiance, Explorer, Voyager (10/17 - 4/18 only), Ovation (12/17-4/18only) are coming up on Cruisecal for the Australian Season.

Nothing on Legend :eek:

Erik, any prices on the 10-night Hawaii? I presume this is for September 8(?), 2017. Any Hawaii for May, 2018? We're not able to book yet, is that correct? I just checked RCI's website and they are not there yet. Am I anxious, or what? :D

Now I see the 11-night Hawaii in September, 2017, and the 10-night (ugh) in May, 2018. Do you think that means we will be able to book it this week, perhaps?

Edited by travelgoddess1

Erik, any prices on the 10-night Hawaii? I presume this is for September 8(?), 2017. Any Hawaii for May, 2018? We're not able to book yet, is that correct? I just checked RCI's website and they are not there yet. Am I anxious, or what? :D

Now I see the 11-night Hawaii in September, 2017, and the 10-night (ugh) in May, 2018. Do you think that means we will be able to book it this week, perhaps?

Karen,

We just booked Ex for Sept '17. The last Alaska cruise so it will have to be Hawaii next year.

Off on Celebrity tomorrow for the first time. Not sure we would be able to book a Royal cruise whilst on board a Celebrity ship.

Hawaii May of 2018 (Radiance) is on Cuisecal but C&A said it's not in their system to book. Not sure I'd want to do a 10-nighter (no overnight in Maui.....so, no Luau!). C&A PROMISED C&A members would get a 24-hour headstart. Now, where have I heard that before?

Edited by STEVE-O

Karen,

We just booked Ex for Sept '17. The last Alaska cruise so it will have to be Hawaii next year.

Off on Celebrity tomorrow for the first time. Not sure we would be able to book a Royal cruise whilst on board a Celebrity ship.

You should be able to, as well as on Azamara. My friends just did that a week ago. :) Good luck and Bon Voyage!

no prices. This is from cruise cal. I presume bookings for this will open next week per the deployment flyer.

Karen,

unless something changed recently, you can book Celebrity, Azamara and I believe now Pullmantur on RCI and vice versa.

I'm boarding Vision on Saturday and have my sights on a Celebrity cruise.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Karen,

I bet you can. I booked a Celebrity sailing on an RC ship last month.

Edited by internetwhiz

Hawaii May of 2018 (Radiance) is on Cuisecal but C&A said it's not in their system to book. Not sure I'd want to do a 10-nighter (no overnight in Maui.....so, no Luau!). C&A PROMISED C&A members would get a 24-hour headstart. Now, where have I heard that before?

I literally just laughed out loud. :p:p:p