Fabulous deals on offer!

Jo and Rob

Celebrity are offering 2nd passenger goes half price and free drinks package. Superb deal and by going on the Celebrity website the deal works out even cheaper than with TAs because of the choice of flights on offer. We managed to prepay our tips and still get a cheaper deal than our regular TA.

Absolutely delighted and with tips and drinks sorted the lack of OBC doesn't matter at all. :):):):)

Happy for you but details would be helpful for others reading after me......UK booking site? Caribbean sailings (assuming so since airfare mentioned) or Europe / Asian departures. Inquiring minds want to know.

For once, Celebrity's UK deals better those via US agents. The current buy one half price combined with the classic drinks package is good value for those who book oceanview and above and can get value from a drinks package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Celebrity are offering 2nd passenger goes half price and free drinks package. Superb deal and by going on the Celebrity website the deal works out even cheaper than with TAs because of the choice of flights on offer. We managed to prepay our tips and still get a cheaper deal than our regular TA.

Absolutely delighted and with tips and drinks sorted the lack of OBC doesn't matter at all. :):):):)

Although I don't believe this arrangement is available to North Americans, are you able to determine if the first person rate has been inflated in order to subsidize the second person at 50% discount? All too often when I see second person reduced rate promotions, it seems the first person rate is often inflated.

Congrats on your great deal. Often times the poor Brits whine about North American deals, so I guess the shoe is now on the other foot!

This buy one get one half price deal isn't any different to the go bigger deal before it! We booked in August then were shocked to see this latest deal. However when I priced it up to see if it was cheaper than our August deal, I discovered that the price for the first passenger had been increased considerably so that the half price seemed like a good deal. When you add up the difference, there was very little in it. We would lose our OBC of $300 etc so we were no better off. Nothing has changed. The end result is the same!

I guess it works out depending when you booked. No - not inflated on this occasion for us. I booked the previous offer at the weekend at Gbp prices similar to that via my US TA ( perks were better in UK for a change). On Wed prices dropped for second person and first person price is the same. Even losing deposit on rebooking (Agent insisted and it's in terms and conditions) I'm well ahead.

Edited by snh01

Since this seems to be aimed at non-US travelers, I'm going to assume it is for Caribbean sails this winter - it does make some marketing sense to reach across the pond to increase those bookings. Anyone care to comment which destinations are part of this deal?

Since this seems to be aimed at non-US travelers, I'm going to assume it is for Caribbean sails this winter - it does make some marketing sense to reach across the pond to increase those bookings. Anyone care to comment which destinations are part of this deal?

Your assumption is wrong :) its European and Worldwide holidays

"Sail in Europe in an Ocean View stateroom, balcony or suite, and the second guest in the stateroom only pays half price.

PLUS enjoy a free Classic Drinks Package worth $1800 on selected Europe & worldwide 2016 & 2017 holidays"

I actually booked mine on the .com site so didn't realise it was a UK only offer. I saved £1700 ($2500) on a Celebrity suite :D they are also giving the 50% off the taxes and fees as well, our daughter saved £800 on a balcony. The prices weren't inflated as we had been looking at this particular cruise for a while.

Edited by DebbieMacG

I disagree that prices have not been inflated. The cruise I'm looking at for next May out of Venice on Constellation has increased in price since Monday, even with the buy one get one half price. The first passenger price has gone up and is far higher than I paid for my upcoming cruise on Silhouette.

We were also considering a 7 night Fjords cruise but even with the offer it still comes out at a total of £3,000 - this is too much for a 7 night cruise (IMHO).

Initially I thought this was a good deal but when I started to price it up I've realised that its all marketing fluff (as usual).

I've just checked and the first passenger fare has gone up again - this is since yesterday!

I know its supply and demand etc but I still think the prices are being inflated.

Still, its my decision whether I book or not, I know that.

I disagree that prices have not been inflated. The cruise I'm looking at for next May out of Venice on Constellation has increased in price since Monday, even with the buy one get one half price. The first passenger price has gone up and is far higher than I paid for my upcoming cruise on Silhouette.

We were also considering a 7 night Fjords cruise but even with the offer it still comes out at a total of £3,000 - this is too much for a 7 night cruise (IMHO).

Initially I thought this was a good deal but when I started to price it up I've realised that its all marketing fluff (as usual).

You might disagree :) but the cruise I was looking at did not go up in price so although some cruises may have gone up mine didn't. Who knows they might have gone up or down anyway. I do agree about the fjords cruise though, there has been a big price jump but that could based on other factors :)

Also if this offer is popular then prices will increase because of supply and demand. All I know is I'm paying almost the same price for a Celebrity suite with a drinks package as I paid for a C3 cabin in 2010 with no perks!

Edited by DebbieMacG

Can I just ask - if you book onboard what offers do you get? Do you get the current offer + the perks from booking onboard? Do they tell you the price when you book onboard?

I am looking at a 7 night Athens - Istanbul next year although am a bit reluctant due to Istanbul being one of the main reasons we want to take this cruise after many happy visits so interested to see if they change this port again next year - it makes booking flights a problem if they cancel at the last minute due to disembarking there.

Just want to point out to others reading this post - this is not the case in the US. TAs can get all the deals offered online at Celebrity.com with the exact same prices you see online. ;)

This also applies in the UK, we just changed a 2016 booking to take advantage of this new deal and my TA's base price was the same as Celebrity, plus some extra perks, I suspect the OP's info fell between a price change, which is happening on a daily basis.

The deal is attractive, even though it's just cost me a £300 lost deposit to cancel and re-book to get the better price on an existing booking.

But the comment about direct to X versus TA is wrong. I've got a lower price than the X on-line price by going via my usual TA. So it's still worth shopping around. Or even better, get a different TA.

But the comment about direct to X versus TA is wrong. I've got a lower price than the X on-line price by going via my usual TA. So it's still worth shopping around. Or even better, get a different TA.

Me too. It doesn't make sense going through Celebrity direct at the moment in the UK just now. You would think that cutting out the TA commission would allow Celebrity to be cheaper but it looks as if they just want to make more money from those who book direct.

deals do look good but they seem to usually add upto the same amount when comparing actual price paid.

i.e

depending on whether they are giving you bogoho, + drinks

or driks + grats or

drinks +obc

anyways,

i would make use of the deal as the price usually is what we want to pay and includes the drinks, whereas a few years ago it did not for the same price.

the only reason for not booking again with celebrity is the Itineraries in the med for 2016 are roughly the same as 2014 and 2015

we cannot keep going back to the same ports,

so it looks like an alternative cruise line fro next year. :-(

a pity as we do like the solstice class ships.