Not excited about upcoming cruise

rncruiser

We are booked on Liberty of the Seas next month for the 5 night to Bermuda. We have done this itinerary before but have never been on a Freedom class ship. I have cruised RCI exclusively for the past 30 years and have always enjoyed myself. Last 2 cruises were on Oasis and Allure. Maybe I am feeling a let down after this class of ship. I don't think it is because we have been to Bermuda before. We always find something new to see each time we go.

Has anyone else felt this way after cruising Oasis or Quantum class ship?

We are booked on Liberty of the Seas next month for the 5 night to Bermuda. We have done this itinerary before but have never been on a Freedom class ship. I have cruised RCI exclusively for the past 30 years and have always enjoyed myself. Last 2 cruises were on Oasis and Allure. Maybe I am feeling a let down after this class of ship. I don't think it is because we have been to Bermuda before. We always find something new to see each time we go.

Sit back, relax and enjoy. The Freedom class is a great class of ships and, until just a few years ago, was The Mega Class.:D

I haven't been on Oasis or Allure but I have been on Liberty of the Seas in the Mediterranean and I absolutely loved the ship. But I can relate to you since I'm booked on the Grandeur of the Seas over Christmas week. Any ship is better than being home and working. I'm sure I will enjoy it and so will you.

I was on Liberty and both Oasis Class ships and than moved to Enchantment and coming up Vision. I understand what you are feeling, but each class has something to offer, and that is what is so good about RCCL. Any ship is a good ship.

My last cruise was on the Oasis. I received a really good deal for the Liberty and also are going to Bermuda next month. At first, I was also apprehensive about going on the Liberty. After some research, I believe we'll have a great time on the Liberty. Besides, how can it be too bad? We're cruising!

We are heading out on Adventure from San Juan in January. Our previous two ships were Oasis and before that, Allure.

We are excited for the different departure city and then the different ports. Plus the ship size is a fun change but consistent Royal quality which we value.

Absolutely!!!! Especially now that Royal Caribbean has Coastal Kitchen on them. However, we still have cruises booked on all of the other classes of ships.

Edited by beachnative

We easily go between Oasis/Freedom/Voyager class ships. I love the Aqua Theater and its shows but I simply don't worry about the venues that I won't have when not on Oasis/Allure and concentrate on what I will have when on F/V ships. And I especially appreciate not having to do as much planning for cruises on those ships as well as having a bit more "down" time than I seem to have when on O/A.

I look forward to the freedom more so than allure I would rather go on the freedom class any day. The only reason we go on the allure is if we take our daughter or grand daughter. But for my wife and myself alone it's freedom for us.

We are complete opposites ! We usually cruise Freedom and feel anxiety when we cruise Allure ! Freedom has everything on it we look for including less passengers than Allure . It just loses its splendor when you have to watch a board to see where you can eat without fighting a crowd, or just showing up at a show on a whim without having to have mad reservations 9 months ago. We love both classes of ships, but will take Freedom any day over Allure !

We are scheduled to go on Oasis in the spring. I'm not looking forward to it.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion and certainly allowed to feel how you feel, but if you ask me, we are all blessed to be able to cruise at all. After cancer, I am delighted to cruise on any ship in the fleet... I am alive and well and finished treatment, never to be concerned about being let down on a cruise. It simply will never happen (for me).

I hope you find the same. Liberty is a phenomenal ship.

We are scheduled to go on Oasis in the spring. I'm not looking forward to it.

Why in the world would you book a cruise that you aren't looking forward to? That doesn't make sense to me.

We loved the Oasis, and the Allure, and the Mariner, and the Brilliance and the Freedom and the....well, all of them. We still love cruising and the second we stop loving it, we will find something else to do with our time and money. :)

NEVER!!!! We have been on Allure and Oasis both. I could care less what ship I am on as long as I am on a cruise!!!! We do tons of short cruises on Majesty, Enchantment, Brilliance, etc. Then we do a couple of week cruises each year. We cruise almost every month, so have to do some short cruises.Love them all for different reasons. But never disappointed on any of them. Put me on a cruise ship and I am GOOD!!!!!

Since you have cruised for 30 years and exclusively RCI, you probably have often gone back and forth from various size ships that offer different experiences. This will be no different.