How do I go from 12 to 16 on the early dining waitlist?

oskidunker

Doesn't suite guests get priority as well? Groups traveling together might make it change. Who knows? But YOU can't do anything but wait.

There is no waiting list for suites. If you book into a suite, you can change dining at will without getting the "wait list" warning.

As others have said as full suites are booked those passengers are immediately confirmed in the seating of their choice.

Could also be passengers with earlier booking dates than yours requesting to be switched from late seating to early.

But as it is before final payment date it should all be balanced out by cancellations. Sixteen is high on the list even for the small ships.

Easy .. Elite gets to come ahead of you if they book at the last minute

There is no waiting list for suites. If you book into a suite, you can change dining at will without getting the "wait list" warning.

I'm guessing it's suite passengers & not elite level passengers.

We're elite & booked a cruise 2 months in advance & began at #51 on the wait list and about 3 weeks before sailing we're stuck at #43. Once since booking we moved further down the list & it was most likely due to a suite booking.

I don't think Elite get any preference when it comes to dining times. First come first served. My concern on the small ships would be table size. Not as many options as the larger ships. They are pretty good about sorting things out before your cruise so I don't think you have to worry.

Don't fret. We've sailed on Princess at least 25 times and frequently got waitlisted for our preferred dining time. We ALWAYS ended up getting it.

I agree. The odds are in your favor. You still have awhile before sailing date. I would expect to see some movement on the list as you approach the day. Even if by some chance you don't clear the list, you can still see the MaitreD on the ship and ask to switch. There might be someone there with early seating annoyed they didn't make late. :)

Edited by shredie

I agree. The odds are in your favor. You still have awhile before sailing date. I would expect to see some movement on the list as you approach the day. Even if by some chance you don't clear the list, you can still see the MaitreD on the ship and ask to switch. There might be someone there with early seating annoyed they didn't make late. :)

Yes.

Don't worry. Princess forms a waitlist when the one dining room used exclusively for traditional seatings is filled. The overflow from from that dining room (waitlistes and usually for early traditional) will be placed in a second dining room for early seating. That dining room will also become open seating at some point during the early seating depending on how full the room is with the fixed seating or will become open seating after the early traditional guests leave.

That is one of the reasons I like Princess. We always can get the early seating unlike other cruise lines with the "(Not) as you wish dining" or "Freestyle" or any other name used to not provide the passenger's dining preference.

• 5 weeks later...

Elites do not get preferred dining times-they used to a long time ago. We are wait listed just like everyone else. On the last cruise I bounced from 14 to 20 but did clear after final payment. Suites do bump people to a higher number.

It may be that since I am only on segment 4 of a 62 day cruise,that people booking the entire cruise may get priority.

I suspect that after the final payment i might clear. I wonder if once you are confirmed if it is possible to get moved back to the wait list.

Edited by oskidunker