Vaping nicotine on board?

karen&roy

I'm a recent non smoker but have been vaping for a few months. What are your experiences vaping on a ship? Since the exhaled water vape contains no chemicals I would hope I can smoke it on deck ? I really don't want to stand with the smokers because it might take me back plus I actually hate the smell now. No bashing please..just experiences. Thanks

It is still smellable and seeable - if would not want you to smoke this thing next to me and I can think the rules are the same no matter "how" you smoke. So I think you would still need to be with the smokers.

But hey, what about quitting completely? That way you don't need to care about this anymore :)

Edited by UniPac

I'm a recent non smoker but have been vaping for a few months. What are your experiences vaping on a ship? Since the exhaled water vape contains no chemicals I would hope I can smoke it on deck ? I really don't want to stand with the smokers because it might take me back plus I actually hate the smell now. No bashing please..just experiences. Thanks

I don't have an answer for you, I just wanted to say Congrats!! I don't wanna admit how long I smoked for, it is depressing!! But I have been smoke free for just over 5 yrs and my DH has been smoke free just under 3 years! Keep up the good work :)

I do know there are some states that are banning vaping indoors now (or at least they were trying to last I heard)

Enjoy your cruise!

Firstly, good on you for giving up smoking! May you never relapse.

I 've never seen this question asked before on the RCCL thread so you might want to ask on one of the other forums, perhaps Cruise Discussion Topics.

It is still smellable and seeable - if would not want you to smoke this thing next to me and I can think the rules are the same no matter "how" you smoke. So I think you would still need to be with the smokers.

But hey, what about quitting completely? That way you don't need to care about this anymore :)

Obviously you have no experience with vaping. It is NOT smellable unless you add a scent like vanilla . I asked for experiences NOT judgements. I wish I could smoke it next to you...

been vaping for over six years and probably 20 cruises. just don't be obvious about it and you can do it just about anywhere. congrats and enjoy.

btw, it is not smoking because nothing is burned. it just emits steam. we should not be subjected to other people's second -hand smoke in the smoking area any more than a non-smoker because we are non-smokers now. if i got sick because of the forced exposure to cigarettes, i would not hesitate to sue.

Here is their policy. Actual on board experiences may vary and will most likely vary by ship as to how they enforce it.

Onboard Policies

Q: What about electronic cigarettes?

A: Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), personal vaporizers and similar products should be enjoyed only in designated indoor and outdoor smoking areas.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Obviously you have no experience with vaping. It is NOT smellable unless you add a scent like vanilla . I asked for experiences NOT judgements. I wish I could smoke it next to you...

Sorry my intense was not to make a judgement (and I think I didnt) plus I answered your question as I told you that it is treated as a regular cigarette. This is what I learned from different places were smoking is prohibited.

Didnt say anything that this is rude etc. just said that I would not like it next to me. Dont be mad at me for no reason :eek:

I thought vaping would be the thing like an electronic cigarette - a liquid gets vaporized. This process is not invisible I think and I also think that it is smellable because of the process the liquid goes through.

But hey, if you want to smoke it next to me I am fine - if it is invisible and I can't smell it we are both fine! :)

As someone who has plenty of experience with vaping I can tell you they do in fact smell, regardless of what scent is inserted. It doesn't appear anyone is judging you simply letting you know that they do in fact smell it. Best of luck on your cruise vaping!

I initially thought your inquiry was sincere, but now I see the true smoker coming out in you and question the sincerity of your post. You will now probably want to vape in elevators and jetways.

they are treated just like regular cigarettes because...

Since the exhaled water vape contains no chemicals ...

^^ that statement lacks foundation. Because e-cigarette products are not yet regulated, the chemicals and devices involved vary widely, which influences the chemical makeup and toxicity of e-cigarette emissions. The full scope of health impacts of e-cigarette smoke, as well as secondhand exposure's impacts on children, is still unknown.

http://www.rti.org/pubs/Secondhand_Exposure_to_Electronic_Cigarette_Emissions.pdf

Although you believe it is not dangerous, it is not yet proven. You most likely already know that many communities, have "revised" their laws to include vaping. Many employers have revised their code of conduct to include banning vaping. The cruise lines of also added vaping in with smoking. As a reminder, people lived believing second hand smoke was safe. Now we know it isn't. You are going to need to stand with smokers or just give it up.

Vaping is considered smoking and you HAVE to go with the smokers. You will be turned in if someone sees you doing it where you are not supposed to be. I would just go with the smokers - you're still smoking whether you want to admit it or not. I understand that all smokers are very, very sensitive about this issue. Smoking is an addiction, just like crack cocaine. But you are smoking, so join in with the other smokers.;)

It does smell...my wife vapes and she doesn't use flavors. Most of the time, I only smell it when we are indoors or in a closed space. I don't usually smell it when we are outside though. I'll be honest...she smoked it on our balcony and I didn't smell anything. It bugged me that she did it since you aren't supposed to do that.

To answer your question, it's treated like cigarettes so you would have to vape in the permitted smoking areas of the ship. Being an ex smoker and knowing my wife doesn't want to be around smoke, you will find the smokers are not back to back, but a bit spread out in the area so you should have some space so you are not right next to them. I would sit with my wife when she vaped and she was like you, she didn't sit directly next to someone else smoking.

Not judging either...I would much rather my wife vape than smoke regular cigarettes. I quit 3 years ago and she couldn't. It's better than regular cigarettes for sure!

Edited by slyster

Quite simply whether you don't think it smells, you don't want to stand with the smokers or where others don't like it or don't care

ITS BANNED UNDER RCCL'S RULES

Nuff said

I don't think you can turn on and off the steam from an e-cig.

Actually you can, and this is what is called 'stealth vaping'. You'll change the mix of the e-liquid so that the steam will be barely visible on exhale.

Having said that, of course vapers have to be very considerate and smoke in designated areas. There is no discussion. But with vaping it is not like cigarettes where you have to puff on the death stick until you're done. You can just sneak a puff and have your nicotine devils silenced for a while.

So just go to a designated smokers area, do a few puffs and be on your way.

Do not shove vaping into other peoples faces under the pretense that it is 'odorless' and 'not dangerous'.

Annoyances should really be at an all time low during a cruise, and the passengers all have a responsibility to treat fellow cruisers with respect.

This could get annoying:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0390/8669/files/smokesignals_large.jpg?1595,

Edited by magwin

It smells to non vapors and non smokers. The person vaping may not smell it. If you where a past smoker you probably didn't think you smelled like smoke but you did. I have no idea why people say it doesn't smell cause it does. It doesn't smell like cigarettes but it smells.

Its not just steam coming out of it its chemicals and steam. There is a smell and its annoying. Its also so new that tests have not been done long enough to tell the level of harmfulness of vaping and second hand vaping.

You must go to the smoking areas, as the rules say.

I will say on Quantum I did see staff stopping people from vaping and directing them over to the smoking section. One set of discussions was involving a officer. Not sure if it was by chance or the passenger got mad at being told they could not vape at the pool deck.

As a asthmatic you have the right to the smoking sections and I have the right to avoid them.

Is the steam emitted a product of the process or just a feature that simulates "real" smoking? I've seen some that have a red glow on the end.

If the steam is not necessary they may not draw as much attention.

the steam is what you exhale, you cannot turn it off. You can inhale more lightly or exhale slowly to minimize it, it typically dissipates quickly. I've seen some people use these where it is barely noticeable, and I've also recently been behind a car that had someone producing more steam than a steam locomotive.